Old Gen Cadillac Versus New Gen Cadillac!!!! Poll
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Old Caddy Gen Versus New Caddy Gen!!!!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old Caddy Generation

16 66.67%
  • New Caddy Generation

8 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Old Gen Cadillac Versus New Gen Cadillac!!!! Poll in General Discussion; Hey fellow forum members i would love to hear from all our caddy forum members on the likes, dislikes, good, ...
    SGWORLDWIDE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Deville DTS (Sold)

Old Gen Cadillac Versus New Gen Cadillac!!!! Poll

Hey fellow forum members i would love to hear from all our caddy forum members on the likes, dislikes, good, bad, and all opinions about design, reliability, build quality, maintenance, and all the other things on your minds on the old caddy gen pre 2005 FWD versus the new caddy gen 2006 up when caddy really started changing the line up engines, platform, and all sound off!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Re: Old Gen Cadillac Versus New Gen Cadillac!!!! Poll

the LOUNGE would be a better forum for this -

Im going to answer first and start the thread off me personally like the old gen while i love the CTS V STS V and XLR V and the new line up i feel the older caddys build quality not interior wise but structurally was superior to the new line up my 04 DTS doors feel alot heavier then a newer 06 DTS i test drove all in all more solid also on the older cars GM spared no expense alot of things where standard like a powerful V8 everything these days is an option that jacks the car price up so much even the engines the northstar will always hold a place in my heart as it was made for cadillac not a chevy engine with a caddy exterior like todays caddys the L37 northstar especially a fully loaded CTS can top forty thousand with a small V6 looks nice and i almost bought one a 07 when they where like $30,000 on TV till you walked into the dealer and added all the options (Then I thought about my DTS's options compared to it) and said thats BMW territory no thank you ill keep my V8 i think caddy of these days is following the likes of the german and euro car companies trying to go more upscale and selling basic cars before all the options if u want top of line put out another twenty five grand if you have the money hey enjoy but im sure alot of us loyal caddy fans cant afford a $100,00 XLR V or CTS V owning a caddy has always been the american dream for alot of people and i just feel as caddy goes upscale alot of us will be cut out to me the older models are just better for the money them olde seville STS's and deville DTS's still do it for me

----------

Sorry dont know where to post stuff like this please move it to the right place thanks basscatt

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I have owned six Cadillacs personally: a 1962 Cadillac 62 convertible, a 1976 Seville, a 2000 Catera, a 1992 Seville STS, a 1995 Seville STS and a 2002 Seville SLS.

The 1962 series 62 convertible was OK for its' day, decent materials put together in mass production slip shod way all American mass production cars suffered from in those days. Better than a Chevy, but not up to the double the Chevy's price quality they ask and got for it.

The 1976 was a very good car. I loved the look ( and still do today). Having, from the mid sixties driven Thunderbirds, Toronados, Cordobas, Jaguars and Nissans Cedrics, I was not taken with the hephalump and ungainly full sized sleds that were full sized American cars of the pre-1977 car world. The Seville was not only more nimble, combining American style in a more compact size, but the materials and build quality were a new experience for an American car of the seventies. The Seville was the first American car (including my parents Olds and Cadillacs of the '50s and '60s) that didn't start falling apart before it was three years old!

After the '75 Seville ( which I owned for eight years) I didn't own another Cadillac until we leased a 2000 Catera for my wife's business car. Despite all the bad mouthing that the Catera receives, it was better put together (build quality wise) than the other domestic Cadillacs (including the Sevilles) on the showroom floor when we got it. The Catera had the highest assembly quality of any Cadillac I have owned, equal to what I hear is being produced today.

The fourth generation Sevilles we owned were great performing cars showing Cadillacs superior exterior and interior styling but only an "improved" build quality. These cars were second only to my Alfa Romeo 164 as far as "all rounder" personal sedans go. I still have the 1995 STS and it has stood the test of time very well to this day delivering excellent performance in a handsome package that has stood up well to the passing years.

The 2000 Seville SLS is a very nice personal conveyance, and while it doesn't measure up to the handling of its' magnetically damped STS (late 2002) sibling in the handling realm it is more than adequate daily transportation for a lead footed 66 year old lady! But truth be told the fifth generation took a downgrade in the build quality and surrendered the more unique styling of the 4th generation cars to a more conventional exterior and interior design (my personal opinion).

As for the "Art and Science" cars of the last six years, I am not attracted to their styling, although I do like their size. Mass produced super performance is not particularly attractive to me at this point (not that it ever really was), which makes the V series cars mere curiosities in my car world. I am not a fan of the slit windowed, coupe styling which seems to have taken over all segments of the car market, so I am left to enjoy my "oldie but goodie" Sevilles and am willing to pay for the maintenance required to keep my cars in tip top condition.

If I were forced to buy a new car today I think I would opt for a well equipped Hyundai, Honda or Kia and keep the change for other things! Cadillac so far this decade just hasn't brought anything to the marketplace that would cause me to part with serious money. It would make me very happy to plunk down many big ones on a Cadillac that "turned me on!" A few years ago Cadillac got the ad right, but for me missed the boat with their cars.
    Jesda and Jesda like this.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

I voted for the old gen Cads. But by "old gen", I mean the RWD beauties from the mid-90s Fleetwoods and back.

I hear ya loved the 60's and 70's caddys thinking of getting me a classic from one of those eras and restoring it mabe after i finish restoring my 04 DTS

DouglasJRizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 hearse, 1976 hearse

As moderator of the Classic forum, I guess it goes without saying that I'm voting "Old gen" on this one. To me, a '74 Fleetwood or '76 Eldorado has that broad shouldered presence that's been lacking for years.

AElayyat is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 85 Fleetwood Brougham, 90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS
    Here is a list of Caddys I have or owned (in order)

85 fleetwood brougham(still own)
    89 sedan deville (no longer own)
    89 brougham (no longer own)
    90 brougham w/ 5.7 (still own)
    05 deville dts (still own)

My vote has to go to the old school caddys. I don't know there is just something about them that gets me going.

I have also driven a 68 & 70 coupe devilles, a few esclades w/ the 6.0 & a 07 or 08 dts performance, a 05 cts, a few devilles from various years in the 90s, my dads 96 eldorado. These are the ones I can remember.

The new gen caddys are nice, but there is just something special about the older gen caddys.

My vote has to go to the old gen caddys.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    80s and 90s Cadillacs? Except for the STS, pfft. New Caddys, no question...

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Wait, wait, wait. I thought they stopped building Cadillacs after '92.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    80s and 90s Cadillacs? Except for the STS, pfft. New Caddys, no question...
    IMO the STS was the only car with a Northstar I would tolerate on a day to day basis because it was such a good looking car.

Seville STS and Deville DTS my two faves and best out of the ending old gen

Tony Alvarado is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville sts
    I may be biased towards the 4th gen Seville, because it's my first cadillac... (97 sts) it's the exact car I've wanted since I was a kid, and I love the styling. They're so nice that people don't realize that mine is 16 years old, til I remind them... my friends are envious about my cadillac and don't know how I ended up with such a nice car.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I don't like the land yachts of the 70's & 80's and I didn't like my 91 Seville which was the crappiest car I have ever owned sorry

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    I don't like the land yachts of the 70's & 80's and I didn't like my 91 Seville which was the crappiest car I have ever owned sorry
    You love James and that's all that matters...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.