Old Gen Cadillac Versus New Gen Cadillac!!!! Poll - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Old Caddy Gen Versus New Caddy Gen!!!!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old Caddy Generation

16 66.67%
  • New Caddy Generation

8 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Old Gen Cadillac Versus New Gen Cadillac!!!! Poll in General Discussion; Not quite love but he hasn't disappointed me yet so I chose New Generation...
    CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Old Gen Cadillac Versus New Gen Cadillac!!!! Poll

Not quite love but he hasn't disappointed me yet so I chose New Generation

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Love the heritage, but got to go with the new stuff.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

I do like the way the older Cadillacs look! As an instance, I love the design of my STS. But I need to admit that performance and handling wise, I prefer the newer models.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    Not quite love but he hasn't disappointed me yet so I chose New Generation
    You love James. I need you to say it.
    Jesda and Jesda like this.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    I love the interiors of the 80s fleetwood broughams, the beautiful leather, the real chrome accents mixes in with the wood trim. And their over all classy styling.

I also have always loves the first gen STS that had the Northstar. Great looking car.

But I think I've gotta go with newer. I LOVE the styling of my 05 rear drive STS. Plus it's driving characteristics. Much firmer in the bends. More controlled. Just more pleasure to drive IMO. .

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

haha

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Most would say that the 92-03 Sevilles were some of the prettiest and most comfortable luxury sedans ever built. But as sport sedans, they were weak compared to BMW. Meanwhile, Lexus was producing luxury sedans with higher quality. MB was on a steady decline back then.

Before 1992, not much from Cadillac appealed to me. The 80s cars were mostly terrible, the early 90s stuff was decent, and the 70s were a mixed bag depending on which model and which half of the decade. I know too little about Cadillacs before 1970 except to say that in the Depression era, the brand was among the world's absolute best, better than Pierce-Arrow, Peerless, or Lincoln, and arguably up there with Duesenberg and Packard.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    I'd go for old gen. I love my fleetwood brougham. The 77-79 deville/fleetwood, and the 80-89 RWD deville/ fleetwood are timeless designs that are unmistakably cadillac. The same can be said for the 75-79 seville and 79-85 eldorado. When you see them in stock form, they ooze class, and get more props than any new cadillac, BMW, mercedes, etc will. Also, don't forget the 67-79 eldorado. It is an automotive design masterpiece.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Old school for me. Nothing like the style, presence and power of the old school yachts. Up until the mid '90s, Cadillac had unique and gorgeous cars in every generation that were objects of desire. Back when owning a Cadillac truly meant something. Back before the import brands had come in and become as desirable (or more so) than Cadillac. In the '80s, Cadillac started getting outpaced by the German brands and in the '90s, it was the Germans and the Japanese brands. Cadillac is really becoming world leader again, but the cars are so much different than what they used to be, but so are the demands.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Most would say that the 92-03 Sevilles were some of the prettiest and most comfortable luxury sedans ever built. But as sport sedans, they were weak compared to BMW. Meanwhile, Lexus was producing luxury sedans with higher quality. MB was on a steady decline back then.

Before 1992, not much from Cadillac appealed to me. The 80s cars were mostly terrible, the early 90s stuff was decent, and the 70s were a mixed bag depending on which model and which half of the decade. I know too little about Cadillacs before 1970 except to say that in the Depression era, the brand was among the world's absolute best, better than Pierce-Arrow, Peerless, or Lincoln, and arguably up there with Duesenberg and Packard.
    I always thought my STS was pretty sporty... until I got the E46. For a car as large as the Seville and being FWD it handled decently but those ads back in the late 90's didn't fool anybody; they couldn't keep up with the BMW's in the corners and in comparison felt large and unwieldy. The quality in the 5th Gens was just terrible in my experience though the technology was good at the time. It's unfortunate these cars were so unreliable because it kills a large used car market for people like me but I surely don't want to deal with a HG and or suspension issue.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

^^^ I think you are confusing "expensive to maintain" with "unreliable." I don't think, from my experience, that Sevilles are any more , or even, as extensive to maintain in tip top condition than any other ten to eighteen year old luxury car.

But I will agree that if I were a young guy of your age, Ryan, I too would prefer a 3 series BMW!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    ^^^ I think you are confusing "expensive to maintain" with "unreliable." I don't think, from my experience, that Sevilles are any more , or even, as extensive to maintain in tip top condition than any other ten to eighteen year old luxury car.
    I agree with that. Even a Lexus LS400 after 150k+ and 10-15 years will develop minor (but perhaps costly) oil leaks and small electrical issues.

My '01 STS cost about 16 cents per mile, cheaper than what my Infiniti Q45s cost, though both Qs did have more miles when I got them. In the end, assuming average annual mileage, my ownership of a 2001 STS came out to $1900 per year, cheaper than most of the luxury cars I've owned. Bear in mind also that I didn't have payments or interest.

I sold the car because that gray interior was miserably bland and because I wanted to use the cash to pay for some business expenses. I also thought I was going to be moving to Michigan after getting some calls from recruiters in Detroit.

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006
    The RWD Eldos are timeless and great investments that continue to appreciate. The RWD 4 door. 62's, SDV's and Broughams are appreciating. I will be long gone before any of the current lineup will be any more then just a used car. I go with pre 77 old school.

Tony Alvarado is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville sts
    There's just something about those mid 90's Sevilles that get me. They kind of remind me of lipstick or a nice high heel. Almost feminine, but the kind of femininity meant to attract the male eye. Performance-wise, I'm assuming that cadillac has stepped it up a bit, and there are some real eye catchers as well. I'm just not a fan of those weird Ford focus looking models.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.