What do you collect? - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What do you collect? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by Jesda Me too. There was one in Bellevue WA that I used to frequent. A hooters was ...
    brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

Re: What do you collect?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Me too. There was one in Bellevue WA that I used to frequent. A hooters was on the very top level.

Discovered a lot of music there.
    Yet another reason to love Bellevue.
    Jesda and Jesda like this.

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    My son still had almost all of his "Star Wars" toys when he and his wife moved into their first house. I told him the time had come for him to "house" his own collections. He moved them over to his place and promply sold most of the collection on Ebay. He said he got really good prices for different pieces. It occurred to me that he might have offered to split some of the profits seeing as his mother and I had stored them all these years and paid to move them from L.A. to Virginia, but somehow this didn't cross his mind!
    too funny. i owned a house for a few years first time i lived in TX, and dad always reminded me about my collection back home. Been in apts ever since, so have that excuse. If they end up forcing them on me, would probably fleabay the whole works too. tempted to see what they'd be worth. have to believe it's one of the most extensive collections out there right now.

Kev
    Kev is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    My son still had almost all of his "Star Wars" toys when he and his wife moved into their first house. I told him the time had come for him to "house" his own collections. He moved them over to his place and promply sold most of the collection on Ebay. He said he got really good prices for different pieces. It occurred to me that he might have offered to split some of the profits seeing as his mother and I had stored them all these years and paid to move them from L.A. to Virginia, but somehow this didn't cross his mind!
    Where did you go wrong?

Kev
    Kev is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....

When I moved out of my folks home I hauled all my crap with me. I didn't have to, my dad would have gladly made a trip to the dump ....

talismandave and talismandave like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    When I moved out of my folks home I hauled all my crap with me. I didn't have to, my dad would have gladly made a trip to the dump ....

only reason i've gotten away with it is my old room sits idle collecting dust. is surprising now that you mention it though.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Same way my family works, Kev. When you are sixteen, you start paying rent. At eighteen, you receive the only birth

The same rules applied to anything else. Like new clothes or shoes? You may get hand-me-downs if you are fortunate (Being the last of four brothers, I was beyond that hope) or you have to buy your own. I also never developed any sort of food I do not like, and will gladly eat whatever is prepared, as my Mum did not make special meals for anyone.

"Allergy? Better grow out of it."

"Showed up to dinner late? What dinner?"

Accompany all of this with that we were expected to do our school ever day (Usually multiple days worth of school at once, which is why we all graduated at least a year early), do our chores, which included shoveling all of the porches and the entire drive (We owned many acres, so it was fairly long) cutting firewood, helping raise the younger children and of course, all being expected to follow my Mum's number one command "GET A JOB".

One day I will have children. When they are five, they will be given two options. "Get a Job" or "Move Out" Proper Parenting 101.
    cadillaxe and cadillaxe like this.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo View Post
    Yet another reason to love Bellevue.
    And the 90s.

Back then we could jump in the car and make a day trip to Seattle just to shop and eat and make it home by midnight. The cost of gas was nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    Same way my family works, Kev. When you are sixteen, you start paying rent. At eighteen, you receive the only birth

The same rules applied to anything else. Like new clothes or shoes? You may get hand-me-downs if you are fortunate (Being the last of four brothers, I was beyond that hope) or you have to buy your own. I also never developed any sort of food I do not like, and will gladly eat whatever is prepared, as my Mum did not make special meals for anyone.

"Allergy? Better grow out of it."

"Showed up to dinner late? What dinner?"

Accompany all of this with that we were expected to do our school ever day (Usually multiple days worth of school at once, which is why we all graduated at least a year early), do our chores, which included shoveling all of the porches and the entire drive (We owned many acres, so it was fairly long) cutting firewood, helping raise the younger children and of course, all being expected to follow my Mum's number one command "GET A JOB".

One day I will have children. When they are five, they will be given two options. "Get a Job" or "Move Out" Proper Parenting 101.
    That's awesome! You grow up in the midwest too? first paper route, 2nd grade. 7th grade started two daily morning routes. 9th grade job at store 30hrs/week/school, 60 hrs/week/summer. all through high school up at 4:30 for routes, into store to cook or put up groceries, work after school, lift weights, two shifts saturday. if i wanted something including more food than was on the table, i bought it.

i didn't complain at the time, but i didn't realize just how valuable it was until later. i'll say it was the best upbringing i could have had. taught me value of hard work and independence i needed later. Only thing is now if i have too much food, i can forced with not wanting to waste food at all, but then i eat too much and feel rotten.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesda

And the 90s.

Back then we could jump in the car and make a day trip to Seattle just to shop and eat and make it home by midnight. The cost of gas was nothing!
    Yeah, my first few years out of high school, my parents gave me an Exxon credit card to use for gas. It was around $1 per gallon and they didn't care.

If I had that now?
    brandondeleo and brandondeleo like this.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo
    Which?

Yesterday and Today, (trunk cover, 1965)
    brandondeleo and brandondeleo like this.

DouglasJRizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 hearse, 1976 hearse

Hearses. I collect and love my hearses.
    Love my cads but finding a pre 80s Lincoln hearse has been a real challenge to say the least.

Thunderbirds are also in there too.
    Stingroo and Stingroo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasJRizzo View Post
    Hearses. I collect and love my hearses.
    Love my cads but finding a pre 80s Lincoln hearse has been a real challenge to say the least.

Thunderbirds are also in there too.
    can't remember the breed, but the ghostbusters hearse would make a nice add to your collection

The Ghostbusters ambulance was a Caddy, if I remember right it looked like ~1959?

Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo View Post
    The Ghostbusters ambulance was a Caddy, if I remember right it looked like ~1959?
    nuts-on. Ecto–1 is a 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor[53] limo-style endloader combination car (ambulance conversion). for some reason, i'd thought it'd been a hearse, then again that was a loooooong time ago.

Attachment 94113

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.