What do you collect? - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What do you collect? in General Discussion; Thank's that did the trick! Great looking system you have there. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing something that ...
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: What do you collect?

Thank's that did the trick! Great looking system you have there. I haven't had the pleasure of hearing something that beautiful in years.(Decades?)
    Being relativly new to this interweb thingie I sometimes forget you can find anything out there.
    Attachment 93812
    Yup... those are the ones I have somewhere.

brandondeleo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    The turntable is an Oracle DELPHI-IV, made in Montreal. The tonearm is a SME IV-iv, England. Interconnect is VanDenHul III. The cartridge shown is a Monster Cable Alpha Genesis 2000-II MC (replaced by a Lyra Helikon MC; replaced last week with a Lyra Kleos MC).

At today's retail prices that complete turntable setup would go for about $13,000+.
    Daayyuumm. That's sweet. My turntable, parts, and cartridges all together would go for roughly $2k. I do have a second identical turntable in a box in the closet just in case something goes wrong, too. Maybe I'll set both up next to each other and have turntable twins!

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

It's an addictive hobby - and love of music: all music from Beethoven to Brubeck to Dylan to CCR to Hendrix to Starship to Sinatra, Sibelius and Alan Jackson.

I just bought a turntable for a grandson (music major at ODU and hooked on vinyl) - it's a Music Hall setup for $250 - cartridge, arm and all - the beauty of it is that it sounds good and has a USB cable/interface so you can archive your vinyl straight to DVD or computer. Several other audio electronics companies make in-line black boxes for about $175 that incorporate a USB output in addition to line level RCA interconnect - used for the same archiving in an existing turntable setup. Karen burns vinyl music to her iPod.

Johnxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Faded Crest
    It's a record player "stylus", or needle cartridge. Don't you remember?... Oh, wait.... Never mind.

Brandon, you must be pretty hard-core to invest in a cartridge like that.
    Not so long ago, I pulled out my Floyd vinyl collection and got a quote from my daughter..."dad, CD's were HUGE back then!"

So, to ask the question to our vinyl folks out there...how many paid extra for the master recording?
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Johnxlrv View Post
    Not so long ago, I pulled out my Floyd vinyl collection and got a quote from my daughter..."dad, CD's were HUGE back then!"

So, to ask the question to our vinyl folks out there...how many paid extra for the master recording?

I want The Wall on vinyl...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnxlrv View Post
    Japanese pressings were fairly easy to find - Tower Records used to carry several different pressings of the same album. Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab was the originator of the label "Original Master Recording" - I have 40 or 50 unopened MFSL albums from the 80's and 90's. The Dire Straits album Brothers In Arms - I have five different pressings of that one alone. Even today it's amazing what you run across at yard sales or used vinyl shops.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I miss Tower Records...

I dropped a bundle over the years at the Tower near GWU in DC. 2 huge floors of nothing but vinyl.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnxlrv

Not me

Also, I really like The Final Cut.

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

motorcycles
    -'00 hd sportster
    -'00 aprilia mille
    -10 bmw s1000rr

guitars
    -fender 12 st acoustic
    -martin acoustic/electric
    -gibson les paul

guns
    -S&W k22
    -S&W 29-2
    -single shot .410
    -Remington S541
    -winchester 10 ga 1887
    -springfield XD .40
    -colt ar15 6920 w/ eotech

and of course had to combine two of the hobbies into one new one...

rocknload case.jpg

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

The AR's are sure have gained a lot of popularity among civilians. I never thought anything would ever be able to de-throne the AK platform.

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    The AR's are sure have gained a lot of popularity among civilians. I never thought anything would ever be able to de-throne the AK platform.
    Is amazing how mainstream these ar's have gotten. I was pretty jazzed to get mine new in the box considering they quit making this model. I'd always grab a pistol if i heard noise in the dwelling, but with that eotech 512 on the AR, the target acquisition and accuracy is amazing. plus the bullets tend to tumble a little not being as bad for wall penetration as I'd originally suspected.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before... My grandpa is an audiophile (with tons of money) and he and I are very close. I get 90% of my stuff from him, but I occasionally make an investment myself. Most of this ridiculously high $$$ stuff I have sure hasn't come out of my broke as pocket. Anywho, here's a picture of all of the cartridges. There's my Grado cartridge, the new Empire 1000 SE/X, the Ortofon FF 15 XE MkII cartridge, and the green Nagaoka. That one's interesting because my grandpa has a friend who worked at Nagaoka for a long time, and that particular cartridge is a prototype that was never put into production. Then those are my brushes. The Tonar one I picked up online for like $30, and the Hunt one is a little older, but it has a large felt pad in the center of the brush, and I use it for cleaning the records.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo View Post

I want The Wall on vinyl...
    One I refused to part with in the move South. I was only able to keep a very small handful.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Weapons? Ooh, I have oodles of those. Greatest investment I could make. Sneaking them around in guitar cases sounds like the shenanigans I would get into, if I could get it to work, but I have never had to and usually do not need to sneak them about. From experience though, in one particular circumstance where weaponry for a small outfit of us was required and we has no idea as to how to get them where we needed them to be, sneaking weapons into someplace works best in the particularly inconspicuous hiding place beneath a lady's dress. Virtually no one would suspect to look there and it was convenient. Alas, my youth...good times with bad company.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.