Post your cars "brochure picture" here. - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree153Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post your cars "brochure picture" here. in General Discussion; Out of the many cars I have owned there are a couple I would like have again. The Jaguar XK ...
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Post your cars "brochure picture" here.

Out of the many cars I have owned there are a couple I would like have again. The Jaguar XK 150 drophead pictured here would definitely make that list. First of all it is a convertible, secondly I like the classic fifties XK lines, thirdly it was the first production car to have disc brakes (a major plus). When I owned it I found it was very versatile being entirely appropriate to go to go shopping on a weekend afternoon and the go "black tie" to a concert that evening. Having had an E-type I have to say I would still refer this old boat, easier to live with and every bit as exciting. Yes, I loved my Lamborghini, it was by far the finest car I have owned, but for shear out and out fun and usefulness I'd still prefer the Jaguar. Unfortunately these XK 150 dropheads in very good to excellent condition cost upwards of $100,000. so there will still be an empty spot there!

Attachment 139209 Attachment 139217

Attachment 139225

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    My antenna works. The mast on my Lincoln was interesting. It only went up or down if you actually used the switch for it, rather than automatically going up with the radio on. You could also stop it at any level you would like.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by HAZZARDJOHN View Post
    Alright, this isn't as fun as I thought. My Friend Ben is in the Car and Flicking off the camera. Ruined my favorite pic more than that old ford in the background.
    I thought I saw someone...

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

^^^ I remember those early seventies car still had only electric antennas (with switches to put them up or down or anywhere in between) not automatic ones that went up when the radio was turned on. In fact I remember that the 1957 Olds 98's electric antenna worked that way, same with '56, '60 and '62 Cadillac's antennas. First fully automatic antenna that I remember was on the '76 Seville (followed shortly by the '80 Peugeot 505S). All the other cars of that era that we had had stationary not retractable antennas.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

I could not imagine not having a functional power antenna. Seems uncivilized ans barbaric.

Though, having a mechanical antenna with some sort of hand crank would be badass. If I actually listened to the radio in my Cadillac (rather than broadcasting it) I would totally devise that.

Currently though, I have to finish a design for a control box with which to start my cars and perform other tasks via telephone. This will make my job much easier, as I have only (thus far) proven effective at driving one car at a time and likewise, I tend to be 3,000 miles from at least one of my cars at all times.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

77CDV and CadillacLuke24 like this.

Red Dwarf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS

How do you post pictures on this forum????????

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

Type this:

[img] [/img]

and put the url of the picture between the two boxes. No spaces.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.