Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post a random pic thread

338K views 3K replies 141 participants last post by  Jakerin 
#1 ·
Like it states, I'll start.

See less See more
#790 ·
^Orange, no less.

You kids these days. Where I'm from, we just sort of...drink the booze. I know that must sound so primitive to you kids today with all your fancy iTems. The Vodka though...I have a Russian for that. As someone of the masculine demographic, I do not much care for Lady Liqueur.

Now brace yourselves for a long, boring story about my youth, booze and a vintage Oldsmobile.

What is funny about the booze though is I've a friend from Milwaukee who loves 442's. And a friend from Detroit who does...and one from Elizabeth City.

Point is, the one from Milwaukee. I met her when she was an intern at one of my jobs long ago. Now this company, being inherently evil, has a lot of money and has built three massive apartment facilities to house all of it's interns. They are particularly nice, definitely above-average apartments (one is REALLY swanky. It's in a Luxury neighbourhood where the petrol is presently over $6.00 per gallon...just because)

Anyhow, she was staying at this apartment and because she refused to part with her car, as she had only just finished it's rebirth eight months earlier, she drove it all the way down to Florida for her internship program. EVERYONE there knew it. Whether or not they knew her or even ever saw the owner. Whether or not they were into cars or even knew anything about them and were unable to identify it. It was a '67 442. a very deep "blackberry" sort of colour that nearly looked black, but with a bit of a burgundy/slightly violet hue to it in the right lighting.

Now her, two other and I got involved in this scheme that she and I came up with and her car proved a valuable asset to it, because it was so signature and unique. As it turns out, the Interns were not allowed to have alcohol on the premises and most were not old enough to purchase it anyhow. The premises was also very strict, and visitors could only attend if they were signed in by residents and they had to leave at designated times in the evening (which EVERYONE chose to break this rule). The security was quite tight. They'd gladly patrol the grounds on schedule every night for anything suspicious or anyone suspect (I was apparently always suspect. Maybe I didn't match the typical residents' appearance)

Now I had this associate who was a good friend of my half-sister. She was married for purely legal reasons, to a fellow who was attempting to attain citizenship, and in return, she got her bills taken care of by her "husband" and had other perks. He ran a Liquor store as it were and she had ready access to...well, basically anything. Making an agreement with her and using leads my friend and I got, we managed to find three decent sources for basically any type of liquor or beer, regardless of the fact that we may...sort of been under age at the time.

Then the plan came together. Using free and cheap-as-free liquor, we began being able to sell this to the interns. Nothing major, as we only had three-or-four bottles of generic booze. This got really big really fast and we started needing larger quantities. This was when I brought my half-sister's friend into the game. I was able to take requests on specific things and increase our inventory, which eventually had assorted beers as well, thanks to the two others. However, one could not just sell this. That would be too easy. Too obvious. To risky. We began making "runs" where it would be brought into the complex and sold that way, but the risks of our first few were too great (you don't want to have security to come to your apartment one day and see all of the alcohol) and we had a bad idea. The kind of idea that was so bad, it was genius. We could sell it from the boot of a car. Not just any car, but HER car. Everyone knew it and security had no right to randomly check the trunk. Using this plan and two more people (a crew of four) we were able to make our runs with two lookouts during the brief time when security would be scheduled elsewhere and NOT about to come by searching the apartment and our patrons could come to us, collect their "orders" and we could be in and out in ten minutes. Cargo unloaded, fistful of crumbled bills in hand. By this point, none of us cared for the company anyhow, so it never really mattered to us. The real risk was the fact that we were not all of age and much of our clientele wasn't either, so we just had to stay below the radar. We kept this up for four months though without a problem.

About a year ago, I had seen a photograph on The Face Books that she had been tagged to. It was a random photo that someone had snapped of her car once and apparently kept, because of what it ended up becoming. It was uploaded aeons prior, but only recently had it come to our attention. The caption read "Who remembers this?" with comments indicating it was a photograph of "THE NIGHT TRAIN". All in all, these were the good times. The old days, the bad days, the out-for-blood days. But good times regardless. At the same time, I was issuing and managing my own loans to coworkers, another coworker was pirating media and selling it and my immediate group always had a heads-up on any sort of party going on. I even eventually made friends with a "modeling" group who used interns as models for calendars and photoshoots and always helped orchestrate massive "going away" type parties at the local Buffalo Wild Wings when there was a changing of interns (as we always had masses of them present, but they came and went in shifts). Looking back, I know I am not the only person who found this among the most fun things of the job. I think the fun is the entire reason we did it, actually. Since then, it is interesting when an acquaintance (any acquaintance, be it a friend, coworker or even that one drugged up kid you couldn't stand) from back then pops up on The Face Books or whatnot to see that though many of us have lost touch with one another and taken completely different paths since then (roughly seven years), we all once had that one thing in common.

That being said. here's a random photograph.

#791 ·
^Orange, no less.

You kids these days. Where I'm from, we just sort of...drink the booze. I know that must sound so primitive to you kids today with all your fancy iTems. The Vodka though...I have a Russian for that. As someone of the masculine demographic, I do not much care for Lady Liqueur.
Dude your 25! CTSCHICK is older than you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.