Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post a random pic thread

338K views 3K replies 141 participants last post by  Jakerin 
#1 ·
Like it states, I'll start.

See less See more
#2,439 ·
There is a Demolition Derby for Buses, that needs to be entered.

Reactions: CTSV_Rob
#2,442 ·
Get it, you could do bus tours of Gator Alley.

#2,457 ·
Never said there was.

Then the name of the color is "Throbbing Purple Member"? You would have to drive it to the White Party as well.

Not that there's anything wrong with that either.
Nothing wrong with a "Throbbing Purple Member"... Not so sure about that.

^Not sure who The White Party is. Not concerned.

As for pride week, I don't do rallies or support or that bullcrap. I support equality of all people. Their religion, ethnic culture, national heritage, colour, lifestyle choices, political motivations...none of it concerns me. Yet I am by one twist of the word a "Racist".

I am very much against this thing called "The Human Race" and I couldn't see myself ever supporting any of them, no matter how heavily stamped their victim complex was.
...and you want a purple bus.

----------

I don't really REQUIRE a bed as in the event I sleep, it is never done lying down...
I'm sure this has been asked but... Do you hang by your feet as well?

----------

#2,445 ·
Then the name of the color is "Throbbing Purple Member"? You would have to drive it to the White Party as well.

Not that there's anything wrong with that either.

Reactions: CTSV_Rob
#2,446 ·
^Not sure who The White Party is. Not concerned.

As for pride week, I don't do rallies or support or that bullcrap. I support equality of all people. Their religion, ethnic culture, national heritage, colour, lifestyle choices, political motivations...none of it concerns me. Yet I am by one twist of the word a "Racist".

I am very much against this thing called "The Human Race" and I couldn't see myself ever supporting any of them, no matter how heavily stamped their victim complex was.

#2,448 ·
You know, I am not positive I have ever actually seen one of those in my entire lifetime. I mean, I have seen photographs, but cannot recall ever seeing one in person. No school that I ever went to had them (Admittedly, I went to elementary school in a tiny town with few children, became self-schooled through the state's homeschooling loopholes by sixth grade, skipped the grades, graduated early, then pursued higher education, so in total, the entire number of buses all of my schools had was still only two) I believe they are surely less common than people lead me to believe, though I am told by many people that there are those who purchase them (as secondhand vehicles for their own use) to save on fuel as compared to proper, longer buses. Realistically, the fuel economy would not be much better and to be honest, when you're spending between $300 and $1,200 (As close as I can ballpark it) weekly on fuel, economy never really matters.

Then there are those massive transit buses we have here in Nevada. I had never seen such a thing and found them hilarious. I do not have a photograph of one, but apparently everyone calls them the same as I have named them, for "Bendy Bus" is a common enough image search word that Google knew what I was looking for.

Mind you, I could drive one of these, if the design weren't so modern (Which is synonymous with "Tacky" in the case of all automobiles) and...that colour. Orange is splendid...but...not outside of late October.

Speaking of buses and colours however, the "Big Red Bus" drivers have an adorable sense of humour and will statistically park next to a Hearse (so long as they find one at the location they are using) 100% of the time. This has happened to me a few dozen times throughout Florida. About half of them, the crew of said bus was happy to make jokes about it and indicate their obvious intent in doing so.

#2,450 · (Edited)
Articulated buses (Bendy Buses) have been around at least since 1956. They were being used (called Papa-filha buses) in Sao Paulo, Brazil when I lived there in the fifties.

That's a nice bus, and the passion flower purple definitely makes it a winner, but if I were to want to own a bus it would be one of the GM Scenic Cruisers that Greyhound ran in the fifties and sixties.

Land vehicle Vehicle Transport Bus Mode of transport

#2,451 ·
My neighbor just passed away, hidden in his barn (among other vehicles) is a bus from about 1935. A Yosemite drop top phaeton tour bus. The fellow that bought the last one in existence a few years back is in for a surprise.

#2,454 ·
No, it never occurred to me since I was usually drooling on the incredible 1909 Buick Racer. I'll go over there and try to get some, maybe take my kids with so they can see some history.

#2,456 ·
I figure it's kind of like finding the GM Futureliner in a junkyard.

#2,458 ·
A Purple bus with a rainbow sticker on the window, and a pole in the rafters to hang from for sleeping. Creeeeeeepy!

This post has been deleted
#2,466 ·
A conquest and acquisition from the other evening. He has been...in storage...for a long time. He is also missing both feet, half of his leg, some teeth (which we found beneath him, in the casket) and included a bonus noose headless mummified rat.

He will need a good bit of cleaning to remove the few stickers on him (such as his forehead) and the pencil markings, as well as the general grime. His teeth must be positioned back into his head and he will need to be rearticulated, as most of his wiring has decayed over the years. The casket on the other hand, while it can be cleaned, is far beyond salvation and may be relined.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.