Post a Random Pic Thread - Page 66
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 167 FirstFirst ... 16 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Like Tree1886Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post a Random Pic Thread in General Discussion; Thanks for the back-story! Unfortunately just another in a long line of stories about GM concentrating R&D money on the ...
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: Post a Random Pic Thread

Thanks for the back-story! Unfortunately just another in a long line of stories about GM concentrating R&D money on the wrong thing.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Oh, I am rather familiar with the railway service vehicles. There are to this very day, several of them rusting away down the mountain from my old home. To this day, all of the old trainyards look precisely as they did when I was a child, like a graveyard where all the old traincars go to die in peace.

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Thanks for the back-story! Unfortunately just another in a long line of stories about GM concentrating R&D money on the wrong thing.
    Kinda like putting magnesium valve covers on the engine of a 4,000 lb car.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Got to meet the band Orgy last night, even got to change some of their set list for songs that I liked
    They played them for me and my best friend even sang the songs that we picked to us in the audience
    Cool dudes sent us home with a bunch of signed merch, tank tops,posters, bunch of pics and ect..

J Gordon singing to me

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

Went to a restaurant that I'd never been to for lunch with the girlfriend, her mom, and my mom today. The main seating area was full, so they put us in the bar area. It felt like I stepped back into the 1940's! And on top of that, they had AMAZING food. Definitely going back there again.

^One thing I like about Clermont. All the buildings were build in the forties or earlier.

Pennsylvania still wins though, because our buildings were all built pre-1907.

That being said, I don't normally like VW's. In fact, I strongly dislike them most of the time. But I saw this one. I'd test drive this, if it were on a car lot. Still wouldn't buy it (It's a VW) but I'd drive it.

If I REALLY wanted a VW though, there's a fellow in GA selling one in great shape (needs to be painted, but it is all primed to go) that he dropped a fresh 500 CID Cadillac motor in. I think he was asking $2,000.

There is another fellow we have over on the forums at 500CID.com with a 500-powered-Beetle.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Looks like the "Green Cow Pie" from Racine!

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

How... Can... Wow.... ^^^

BigCadMan_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94FWB, 07Terraza, 09G5, It's a driveway of GM's

Zombie grave!

Just some more randomness:

Actually, that gravesite is to prevent Vampires. I wish people still used precautions like these, it would probably make my job easier. I won't go into detail, because last time someone (I think orconn) posted that photo, a thread was nearly almost locked and I got my first Forum Violation (which I wear with pride to this day)

Either way A+ for that.
    A+ for Ashley Williams too. Evil Dead is the ****.
    The Claddagh though, is the most plastic-paddy thing in the world and we Irish folk have no concern for it's existence and supposed meaning that American Hipsters tout it for.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    Actually, that gravesite is to prevent Vampires. I wish people still used precautions like these, it would probably make my job easier. I won't go into detail, because last time someone (I think orconn) posted that photo, a thread was nearly almost locked and I got my first Forum Violation (which I wear with pride to this day)

Either way A+ for that.
    A+ for Ashley Williams too. Evil Dead is the ****.
    The Claddagh though, is the most plastic-paddy thing in the world and we Irish folk have no concern for it's existence and supposed meaning that American Hipsters tout it for.
    Now I know you’re full of crap! Nothing but $hit right there. You’re about as Irish as lucky charms cereal! The Claddagh is very sacred & honored by my countrymen. If you had ever spent any time in my homeland you would KNOW this! Phony's who claim Irish lineage to garner attention make my blood boil. You want to be different then the rest of us, that's fine but show some damn respect! I'm sorry if anyone thinks I'm out of line here, but $hiting on the Claddagh show's absolutely no respect for my peoples!

^Spelling isn't your strong point, kid.

Real quick. Before we go into detail. Never. NEVER tell someone what they do or do not "know". It's simply not polite.

I am not disrespecting the symbol, just indicating that the attention it receives in America (Remember, as I had to teach you LAST TIME, "Canadia" is part of America) is far unwarranted by comparative "symbolic" importance to the people of Ireland. YES, it is an Irish symbol and YES, it has meaning behind it, but the people in America brandish it as if it is something seen on every mantle or in brass on the finger of everyone in Ireland and it makes me absolutely sick. THESE people (again, they are Americans) who get it tattood, wear it on everything, hang it on every damned wall or get it as a decal on whatever ****ing yoke they have at hand...THEY are the "Phonies". They're the same sort who have Gaelic greetings tiled above their front doors and yet speak only English and cannot even pronounce the phrases they are trying to use.

Furthermore, whether you are Irish or not, I don't think you can honestly say ANYONE "claims Irish lineage for attention" seeing as if you are getting attention for your ethnic culture or lineage (WHICHEVER lineage it is) it would be a BAD thing. Think about it. When was the last time someone got attention for their culture or ethnic heritage that was not a display of racism? NEVER. No one just walks up and says

"Oh, you're Yugoslavian? I Love Yugoslavians! Let me dote attention to you for no other reason other than that one minimal fact about your existence that you cannot even take credit for, because you had no control over it to begin with!"

No. The world does not work that way. If someone walks up and out of nowhere gives you attention because of your race or culture, it is most likely a negative feeling they convey about it.

Now as for me. I'm not out to prove anything. I've nothing TO prove. Nobody's opinion of me has ever mattered in even the least bit to me, so if you think I am trying to impress anyone, you're not even in the right neighbourhood, kid. I'm not out to pretend to be anything. Every person you meet will surely have an opinion about you, but does it truly affect your life? Nope. Not really. So why would the case be any different for me? That's right, kid. It wouldn't.

I'm not here to "claim" any heritage/lineage/ethnicity whatsoever. Besides, how the **** can you "claim" a lineage? You are born with it or you are not. My lineage, I know very well. And you your own, I am sure. I am not here to compare, compete or copy yours, so don't climb down the well over it.

If you don't very much like the fact that there are possibly other Irish people in the world, buy yourself a bottle of wine and some aspirin. Otherwise, get used to the idea that it is at the very least, a small possibility. Because the way you get so defensive or offended over the fact that someone else out in the world happens to be Irish, by pure chance mind you, as it is a thing they had no control over...well, it may just make people start to question that YOU are.

So...you can continue this childish behaviour, which isn't going to upset me any, if that is what you're going for. I'm already over the whole mess and have forgiven you for your mistake. Or you can accept the facts of the world as they are and go back to formulating your fantastic "zombie" plan.

Your choice, kid.

Besides. I prefer Count Chocula.

Your words are nothing more than that of an impetuous spoiled brat. You write nothing but nonsense just seeking attention. Your reference to me as “kid” show’s how disrespectful you are. You have balls telling me to be “polite” after what you posted about the Claddagh! You troll around here with nothing positive to contribute in any thread & then just post nonsense. You not only insult my country of origin but also my adopted home land & then have the gall to scold me with eight paragraphs of dribble. Take your pissing contest to another forum, grow up & show some damn respect!
    The-Dullahan and The-Dullahan like this.

^Yeah, that is about what everyone expected.

Seriously, kid*. Go back to playing Worlds of Warcraft or whatever it is you do that taught you to recite the same generic response every other troll on the internet uses when someone doesn't take offense to whatever poorly-crafted insult they have come up with.

Seriously kid. I'm not mad. In fact, I forgive you. Hell, I even feel bad for you.

Or may haps you are correct and I should live up to the example you have set for me?

Yup. That's definitely what we Irish people look like. Spot on. I'll have to begin working on that. Get myself a Chladaigh tattoo too, I guess.

* Kid. "An informal noun usually used to refer to someone in absence of their own name. Though often misconceived to strictly refer to a young boy, the word itself can actually refer to anyone of any age or gender and is typically used amongst close friends over colleagues or acquaintances."

(Since you seemed so offended by my use of that word, kid)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.