Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post a random pic thread

338K views 3K replies 141 participants last post by  Jakerin 
#1 ·
Like it states, I'll start.

See less See more
#1,798 ·
Stopped by the dealer today and had a chance to a side by side with an XTS. :D

$56,00.00, and really looked nice (By my standards, that have been systematically lowered over the years!:lol:). What surprised me was how large it was.

First I lined up the drivers seats.....

image uploading site

....the back was pretty close.....

image uploading site

...the front, not much different.....

image uploading site

....a fair amount narrower was the biggest difference.

image uploading site

image uploading site

So there we have it. The good news is Cadillac is making a large sedan again. They just have managed to make it look like a small car.....wait what? :hmm:

When I see them on the road I can't tell if it is CTS or Ats until I am right on it. Why wouldn't they make it look a little more formal to set it apart from the smaller models?

When I parked next to it I intended to show how much smaller it was than my 87. I figured it would be a laugh.

When I walked away and to both ends, I was shocked by how large it really was, and impressed.

It wasn't until I was writing this that I realized that the fact it shocked me was actually really sad. If they had only raised the rear of the roof a little, and made just a slightly more upright rear window, it would have made it look different from the normal "pile of car" styling that is the industry norm. I can see a fast-back look on the ATS and the CTS. They are sportier and that is good.

Fast-back styling on a large luxury sedan is just silly. It makes the trunk opening smaller, increases the rear window size, makes a large angled blind spot, and reduces headroom, or worse, to keep headroom they angle the back seat so much you feel like you are "copping a squat" in the back seat.

I know a more formal roof would cost a mile per gallon or so, but really, do the buyers of a 56k luxury cruiser care?

#1,800 ·
I doubt I will get the time, the reason it is dark in the pics is after work at night is the only time I could make it.:banghead:

Looking at the pics I took I just realized another reason they look so small, the corners of the car are 2 feet in from the center of the bumpers! Look at them, and then imagine what a commanding presence it would have if they were only 6 inches in from the bumper. It would have an overhang of a formal luxury sedan!

image uploading site

Why make a car that long and not show it is that long! Rounding the ends don't make any sense, unless you want to make people think they are smaller.

Cadillac just hired a new Chief Marketing Officer, I think he should start by proclaiming a new motto..."Cadillac, We Cut Corners!"

#1,804 ·
This is a flash flood warning for the entire island! If tomorrow don't hear from me, please come and rescue me from the ocean! I cannot swim!:hide:
It's your own fault you never learned. I'll be there with pontoons for your ATS though.

#1,806 · (Edited)
My old cat, Mr Stripes, would've killed that guinea pig just for the sport of it. Then ate its head, just because. I can't tell you how many headless bunnies I found in the yard, at the doorstep, or if we were stupid enough to leave the garage door open, in the house. We called him the domesticated killing machine, he was an indoor/outdoor cat, averaged a couple kills a week that we knew about. Since he was always well fed, he just killed for the straight blood-lust, most of the birds, squirrels, rabbits, moles, voles, snakes, rats, mouse, skinks, lizards, etc that showed up at the doorstep were mostly intact and not eaten. Except for the poor bunnies, they were always headless, he had mad cravings for bunny brains.

His favorite thing to do was to lay on his back right under the nest of a mocking bird, let that bird go nuts dive bombing him, swat up in the air, trying to knock him down on every dive bomb run. Oh it was hilarious watching them two go to war, he was successful quite a few times, playing that bird's over-protective nature against itself.

#1,811 ·
brandondeleo said:
OH MY GOD I WANT. Badly.
. Only if it's a very early one with a 350 or a 368, otherwise you don't want it. The H & E wasn't as sharp as the ASC cars IMO. All of the ASC cars had the POS HT4100 though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.