Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post a random pic thread

338K views 3K replies 141 participants last post by  Jakerin 
#1 ·
Like it states, I'll start.

See less See more
#144 ·
^Bitch, Please!

This is (as far as Florida is concerned) where I live (When in FL)

Funny story...it still looks like this, going on sixty years later.

Naturally, the image does not do the hills justice.

Funny Story, Part Deux: See the truck in the corner? The one with the Oranges? These are naturally still a regular sight. Well just past the Tower, (Citrus Tower BLVD) the road becomes a long, steep hill heading down. One time one of these trucks flipped over coming around the turn back onto US 27. Nothing like traffic being at a standstill (By traffic, I mean every car on the highway during peak hours...so about four of us total) because they had to shut the road down due to oranges.

#146 ·
Funny Story, Part Deux: See the truck in the corner? The one with the Oranges? These are naturally still a regular sight. Well just past the Tower, (Citrus Tower BLVD) the road becomes a long, steep hill heading down. One time one of these trucks flipped over coming around the turn back onto US 27. Nothing like traffic being at a standstill (By traffic, I mean every car on the highway during peak hours...so about four of us total) because they had to shut the road down due to oranges.
I remember when I lived in Montclair, CA I would often drive by the Sunkist orange soda plant and there would be those orange trucks all over the place, and the smell was unfreakinbelievably awesome.

#147 ·
It is a running gag in Central Fl to announce over CB from one rig to another "you just dropped an orange"

I take full blame for this trend.

Also, Claremont is nothing like Clermont. Clermont is na little town with two brick roads, some connecting streets and where no matter where you live, the police station, thrift store, bakery, post office, Irish Pub, Mechanic's shop and all three Funeral Homes are within a short walk. Claremont is some sore of funny town on the wrong end of the country. I have heard of it before.

Also that Orange smell...it is a constant in Clermont. As are Oranges, Lemons and Grapefruits, of which you can get as much as you want, all year long, at no cost. This promotes the construction of specialized, propane-powered "potato cannons" for firing citrus into the stratosphere...or at least it did with my pack of minions.

#148 ·
Claremont is a beautiful city in LA county. It's the home of the Claremont Colleges (Harvey Mudd, Pomona College, Pitzer, Scripps, Claremont McKenna), some of the best colleges in the nation. It's known as "The City of Trees and PhD's", and it was ranked as the fifth best place to live in the US, and the top in California. Median family income of over $100k/yr. I lived in Claremont for a couple of years (a not-so-rich neighborhood on the edge of the city, but still), so I know much of this (reinforced by Wikipedia). I love that city. Pomona College is my dream school, ranked #4 in the nation. If only I had $54,900/year for tuition and fees to blow...

#163 ·
My understanding of it's use is that it is a common response to an internet "Meme", traditionally accompanied by an image of an individual apparently named Yao Ming. Reviewing the page, Brandon seems to be one of these "Meme" people and from such information I can conclude that I had deduced it was the most proper response for his own post, as even the post I was responding to was merely two apparently "Classic Meme" images.

#170 ·
The Red Horse Diner is a pretty epic place. You can't see it in the picture (spare that little corner.) It's an old Mobil station and classic Rt. 66 style motel that they renovated and turned into an awesome diner. They hold classic car and motorcycle shows there all the time, and their food is great.

#171 ·
I don't know...

I have a pool and maintain it flawlessly. It is a rather large pool, because it is not the standard contractor option that whomever built the house in lower Clermont used, because the original owner obviously wanted a bigger and deeper one. The PH levels, water level, and lack of any visible foreign matter is always upkept perfectly...yet I never use it.

Occasionally think about turning it into a rather large aquarium and using my class three concern species license to adopt some sort of interesting animal. It has had many different turtles living in it from time to time, on a purely temporary basis. Thought about putting that eight foot alligator I caught a couple weeks ago out there, temporarily, before making the trip to release him someplace safe, but I instantly dismissed the idea, as he would have ripped out some of my screens and went out to the back yard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.