Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post a random pic thread

338K views 3K replies 141 participants last post by  Jakerin 
#1 ·
Like it states, I'll start.

See less See more
#1,566 ·
I wouldn't know, Kid. Never worn a skirt. A Skirt, as I recall, is a hemmed lower portion of a fabric article that hangs as the bottom edge of whatever textile manifestation we are discussing. Curtains have skirts. Pants have skirts at each leg. An untucked T-Shirt has a skirt too, I suppose.

#1,570 ·
........... and just what the devil is wrong with kilts ? - here's my dress set - MacLean of Duart. Hunting tartan is a beautiful green/black/white plaid. Took this before dressing for a reunion in DC a few years back. Still wear them..... and can pull that sgian-dubh pretty quickly, too. (Dullahan, made by Wm. Anderson & Son in Edinburgh - when I was stationed in Holy Loch in the late 60's.)

#1,592 ·
Dullahan is right. It's a Daimler Empress II, the latest piece of inventory at work:

It's beautiful. I want it.

Apparently, it's the only left-hand-drive model known to exist. It has documentation and paperwork from the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. I have to sift through the papers tomorrow and figure out enough about the car to do a write up. Woe is me, my job is so hard.

It has EVERYTHING. Original tool kit, the owner's manual... so much. It's fantastic.

#1,593 ·
I figured it was a sedan (no tach) but for the life of me how did Dullahan come up with Daimler. It could have been any number of Brit sedans from the 1950s. Austin Princess, Armstrong Siddeley, Bristol Saloon, Lagonda Saloon, etc. Although the instruments and mixture control, etc knobs are a little dated even for a British bespoke car.

#1,597 · (Edited)
but for the life of me how did Dullahan come up with Daimler.
I know my stuff, every once in a while.

Relevant information:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...-general-discussion/259468-name-car-game.html

I handled myself fairly well in that thread, until I got bored with it (Beginning round post #159). Even Brandon grudgingly had to admit. I recall he posted a photo of a Locomobile... If that thread were a gameshow, I believe I'd have done rather well. Certainly won the trip to Bermuda in the Lightning Round.

Also...I should buy a Locomobile...

#1,596 ·
Who did the coachwork on this car? It looks very much like several different makes from Britain in the late forties, and fifties. Actually I guess we should say "rev counter" instead of tachometer. Before W.W. II Daimler was considered to be the equal of Rolls-Royce (in fact Daimlers were the preferred car of the royal family. After the war Daimler produced a line of factory bodied "executive" cars and certainly lost ground to Rolls, becoming a notch below Rolls and a notch above Jaguar in the post war years. Jaguar bought out Daimler and the car became art of the Jaguar line (today the top trim Jaguars, Vanden Plas, are called Daimlers).

The picture above seems much smaller than the re-war Daimlers, really it just looks about the size of an Austin Princess, and the coachwork is very similar. Certainly doesn't have the presence, or apparent quality, of a Rolls Silver Wraith which is both bigger and with more impressive wood work.

#1,604 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.