Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post a random pic thread

338K views 3K replies 141 participants last post by  Jakerin 
#1 ·
Like it states, I'll start.

See less See more
#66 ·
Technically speaking, a Zombie is actually a fully-functional (physically speaking) individual brought back to life to serve a life of slavery to a Shaman known as a Houngan through the inexplicable powers of Science and Black Magic (The same forces that keep my Cadillac running) whereas a Vampire is not what Bram Stoker depicted and certainly not the shiny guy from Twilight, but a ravenous, withered corpse, which roams the countryside in an effort to find fresh life force to sustain it's accursed and unholy existence. They acquire this by eating the flesh of others, similar to Ghouls and Revenants, the latter being particularly vexatious to deal with, as they are a metaphysical manifestation of the being's soul as a shell of their former life, in a skeletal and warped form, so destroying their corpse does nothing In opposite fashion, a Ghoul's existence was never mortal, so one simply must destroy it, but having no corpse, they are always conscious and aware, so confronting them unprepared will typically be fatal or life-altering at the least, as they have superhuman and supernatural abilities, but this can be avoided by keeping one's distance, as Ghouls eat only the meat from corpses anyhow, especially abandoned cemeteries, where the meat has been properly ripened. The vampire on the other hand, which is in all truth essentially what you would see in a modern Zombie flick, has little-to-no brain power and is weak and feeble. They are particularly vulnerable while dormant.

Skip ahead a century, and the word has stretched to encompass all sorts of things, rather than it's simplistic, initial definition. "Vampire" became a broad term by then and included even supernatural entities that could not be seen physically and had to be hunted by Dhampir, those who were half-vampire as only they could detect them. One must question if the highly paid Dhampir who would wrestle the vampire's invisible form in a village square for a handsome reward upon defeating it were more than just talented actors with a few effects up their sleeves. The Djadaji was another hunter of the spiritual "Vampire" who would literally bottle the entity, typically sinking said bottle to the depths of the sea or something of that nature, to seal it away for eternity. Not unlike the Djinn of other regional folktales, except of course the Djinn grants wishes if you release it from it's bottle.

Back to Zombies though. The most talented of the Shaman could deliver spirits from the depths of the netherworld to inhabit he bodies of the deceased in a sense much like the "Zombies" would would see in modern cinema, though these are technically not zombies at all and one must imagine them more as pawns living in the bodies of the dead like empty shells and being directed by the Shaman like Marionettes. The Houngan is himself a direct priest who lives his own life in servitude to the Loa (Gods in Voodoo) and ones with such talents as these are most often in service to Ghede, also known as Baron Samedi, who is a somewhat eccentric God of the dead filling the trickster god role found in most polytheistic religions or to a lesser extent, Dumballah-Wedo, the mighty serpent who is wed to Ayida-Wedo, the Rainbow.

Get it together, guys.

#68 · (Edited)
The Shaman would win. He has a limitless collection of meat shields and does not even have to be present for the attack. Thus the phrase "I've got a Zombie Army and you can't harm me."

On a semi-related note, has anyone heard the news out of Miami this morning? A man was roaming around naked and started a random fist fight with a stranger. By the time the police got there, he was no longer grappling against the other man, but had eaten half of his face. When he would not respond to or obey the officers, they fired a shot at him, connecting in the man's chest, prompting him to attack the officers. Five more shots were fired before the man was pronounced
dead.

Too bad he was a day short, yesterday we had a 5k run in Orlando where participants were chased by "zombies" in full makeup and the day before there was an unrelated Zombie Walk scheduled for International Drive out in Orlando, but I believe the fire on the interstate made that get called off. Yes, I am always at full knowledge of Zombie-Themed events in Florida, the people hosting them usually invite me to park my car and eat all their refreshments. I met the 5k guy while looking at real estate in the historic district and the people who do the Zombie Walk are old friends, but I attend their October event instead.

As for random pictures, we have all types of people in central Florida:

#69 ·
Ok, when did this site turn into a post-pubescent, nerd-fest fantasy nighmare???

:coffee:

#72 ·
More of a shetland pony than a draft horse really ....

----------

All in good fun girls, keep yer plaid skirts on .......

.... no really, keep em on ... please ...

#76 ·
I know this may seem foreign to you right now but you may someday come to understand it. The more you learn the more you'll realize, the less you know.

#80 ·
Very nice!

#82 ·
With the blue face paint of our ancestors and those itchy wool skirts with the modesty pocket books in mind, we still had a lot to learn from these guys:

View attachment 92701

I mean really these guys really know how to wear a short skirt and tights! And those tassles and the pom-poms on their shoes are to die for. And when they are all dressed up, they play a mean game of "footsie!" The Scots have really got to catch up with where fashion is going .... although these guys don't seem to be going "rogue!"

#83 ·
:florian::cheer:

#85 ·
At my buddy's house on Sunday, he's restored these hit and miss motors over the last few years, pics don't show how cherry they are. 1906-ish Fairbanks/Morse
and a 1930's John Deere, also has a 1950 8N Ford tractor completely restored, wins 1st place usually in every event he goes to. The John Deere is running a custom
rotisserie, all fabricated by with help of beer buddies. His place is a true MAN CAVE! Machine Pump Engine Auto part Machine tool
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Transport
Machine Vehicle
Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Car Commercial vehicle

#88 ·
I finally got a shelf for some of my audio equipment today and got everything set up.
Onkyo TX-8552 receiver,
Sony SR210P CD player,
Grado HP2 monitors,
Antique Soundlab MG Head DT OTL MK III headphone amplifier,
Triangle Titus 202 (Stella) loudspeakers,
Philips Electronic 312 turntable,
and a Sony Discman D350.
I've got all of the original paperwork, too.

#90 ·
Move the speakers out from the wall about 2 feet, try for another foot or so of separation and angle them inward slightly to firm up the imaging at the central listening position. Maybe even tilt the stands back about 5 - 6 degrees. Those Grados will honk like geese if too close to the rear wall. A single, central vocalist should sound as if he/she is standing just in front of the right side of the turntable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.