Post a Random Pic Thread - Page 28
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 157 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 78 128 ... LastLast
Like Tree1815Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post a Random Pic Thread in General Discussion; Originally Posted by bigm57ict uh. I don't think "happy cow" is the meaning in that photo... (hint) That's a camel ...
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Re: Post a Random Pic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bigm57ict View Post
    uh. I don't think "happy cow" is the meaning in that photo...

(hint) That's a camel
    Post #397.

Seriously, kids. This is your brain on drugs.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Pic #2 kind of reminds me of the Buick Blackhawk show car from the late 90's that was an homage to the old Y-job show car.
    That's exactly why the call it the C-Hawk. Click the link for more info.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Thanks...I didn't even know it was a link. Duh..
    I saw in that one photo it has a roof that also looked like the Blackhawk's.
    Very cool car. It will be interesting to see what it brings.

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

LS1Mike and LS1Mike like this.

greencadillacmatt is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

^This is also your brain on drugs. The owner of the car, not the other fellow. He is just trying to rip the wheel off and save the car from foolishness.

Matt. How did you get my baby pictures?

This is one of Central Florida's more well-known abandoned buildings.

In Central FL, you can just sort of walk through the woods and find abandoned cars of any type/vintage in any county, but buildings are rare. This is among my personal favourites (Especially since they demolished my beloved Sunland Mental Asylum)

Rather interesting, as I caught a glimpse of it off of a rural road while cutting through the county en route to the courthouse (a decent trip away) on one of my far-too-many trips there a few years back.

Anyhow, I decided to find a way there and just started taking side-roads, relying on sense of direction to pinpoint which paths SHOULD lead there. I arrived and found a stone wall with a large iron gate and felt immediately welcomed, as it only naturally reminded me of every house back home. Finding a way through, I wandered through the woods a bit and found something even more familiar to me. A beautiful mausoleum. After admiring it for a bit and doing some "research" on it's occupancy, I made my way through the property. Though everything was long-since up-kept and all was heavily overgrown, I found some nice gardens by one wing of the house as well, with a pond, completely covered in large lily-pads, blocking view of the water itself. There was an island with a statue there too. Most amazingly, the pond had koi living in it. I wandered about the property a bit, investigating other interesting things, following any place that appeared to once be a walkway to see what else the property held. Eventually, I headed back over the wall, through the thicket and back to my cleverly-hidden car. I never returned to acquire better photos, but did manage to do some investigation on the house itself.

A more local building, also of interest is this house in Clermont, not too far from either of my homes.

It is completely cut off from view, save for a lighthouse...why a lighthouse, is beyond me, but it has one. I suppose it was once a water tower designed to appear as a Lighthouse, but was later converted into a living space. If you enter the building and climb the entire tower, you can see all of Clermont. The main building itself is of a rather odd design, with a grand dining hall and large fireplace, with a balcony overlooking the hall from the opposite end, leading back to the spiral staircase that goes between all of the levels of the house and even leads out to a walkway outside of a turret which leads to another part of the building entirely. One would question the sanity of the person who had the building made, as it is just absurd to walk around and admire. It also contradicts itself very much, as if it was built at different times, for much of it does not match the rest, even pieces that are clearly original and due to design, must have been built at the same time. The building itself is mostly empty, but all of the ironwork is is still there for the stairwells or the hardware on the large, wooden doors or even the massive hanging lanterns. The property itself also has plenty of farmland and all sorts of abandoned vehicles and machinery.

Another interesting facility is a surprisingly large themepark known as "Splendid China" that was actually still open when I moved here. I never visited it then. It is now an abandoned wasteland, though it is interesting to note that that entire section of US 192, which is a major road in the tourist district has all of it's buildings, even the supermarkets, designed to match the theme of the park, which must make for much confusion to anyone who is unaware of the park's existence (Drive five minutes away and ask any local about it and they will have no clue what you are talking about). It was apparently once a thriving park and even hosted a display of Terra Cotta Soldiers (who were to protect the tomb of China's first emperor) but now remains surreal in how sound and untouched it has remained as it turns to dust where it lies, forgotten.

(this last one is from a local Supermarket in the area, still portraying the image of it's now dead host)
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    That's what happens when you get caught in the process of stealing wheels.

If it was supposed to be impressive, he failed. Let's see him hang on at 100 MPH.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Chinese body armor!

Attachment 102038

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

^
    Looks like North Korea, I think!
    When you have a basic, underpowered, and cheap car, and you suffer from some insecurities and personal issues, you may try to compensate by pasting badges of other high-performance models on all panels of the car! And when you have a weak army, you try to compensate by pasting too many medals and tags over all your uniform. But unfortunately, neither of them works, and not only that, you look like a dumb ass at the end!

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Especially when they ALL have a chest (make that torso) full of "medals".

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Maybe they were educated in America's "There are no losers and everyone is special." school system?

greencadillacmatt is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

^^^ Wow! A sand powered Ford!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.