Post a Random Pic Thread - Page 129
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 174 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2606
Like Tree1969Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post a Random Pic Thread in General Discussion; All true, but the high performance packaged Euro 500SL put the standard and North American SL to shame....
    Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    All true, but the high performance packaged Euro 500SL put the standard and North American SL to shame.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Post a Random Pic Thread

I never drove a 500 SL, but if I remember correctly those performance models were well over $100,000 in todays money. In those days there were a lot more interesting stuff that could be had for that kind of money and you didn't have to put up with the supercilious asses that always seemed to be the service writers at Mercedes dealerships. After taking my aunt's 450 SL into the dealership for service and being treated with a "What did you do to our car" attitude, I swore I'd never own a German car. I broke that rule when I bought the Scirocco, and then found that they had Mexican service writers at Beverly Hills VW (nice guys). Feeling maybe German car dealers had turned a new leaf, I subsequently bought an Audi 5000S Avant for my wife. First service I found out I had been mistaken, and was greeted by a supercilious German service writer ...... to make things worse I found out I was going to be paying Porsche prices for service on my glorified VW!!!!
    bigm57ict likes this.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

So, I was on The Face Books and I saw this group known as "The Brougham Society" and was like "Hey, I know a lot of these people and I too, rather enjoy Broughams."

So, I posted a photograph of my Brougham and in only a moment, I found that my phenomenally legendary status (throughout all of Central Florida, at least) had preceded me. Also, apparently, another part of the myth of "That Hearse Guy" is that he may possibly work at Walt Disney World. I am also told that I work at one of the local Funeral Homes, the South Lake Hospital and this one warehouse nearby, which would be accurate, except it is abandoned.

Small world indeed. (I am the red square guy, by the way)

This is not the first time however, that modern technology and my folklore have crossed paths. One time, a brother of mine (who had been formerly living with me and actually now is once again) had received this message on his mobile from a former coworker of his, who apparently now runs around, placing flyers for businesses on peoples' doors. Apparently, he went to my house. Not a clue what the "other old car" was, because I didn't hear about this until after it happened, so I have no idea which car may have been parked in my driveway that day, or if perhaps I was with a friend in my car and she left her car in my driveway.

----------

Oh yeah, and ignore the language barrier. If you use The Face Books, you probably know what those parts and clickable words are for. If you don't, I assure you they are unimportant entirely.

bigm57ict is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1979 Coupe deVille

On a trip to the grocery store last night:

"This row reserved for white vehicles only"

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

^^^ We better picket the place; that's discrimination!
    ben.gators and brandondeleo like this.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!

Quote Originally Posted by bigm57ict View Post

Were you in the South?

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '94 Jeep GC LTD

This was Tuesday afternoon, but I was pulling onto the off ramp of the highway and the mini-van in front of me hucked up a rock. I ended up with a quarter sized chip/crack in the middle of my windshield. Stopped by the Safelite glass shop in Kalamazoo and after a brief conversation with Triple A, they chip sealed the spot and had me back on the road in 25 min. I snapped a picture of Chives being driven out of the shop:

Quote Originally Posted by bigm57ict View Post

This friend of mine, who formerly worked for Universal Studios Orlando for a while once introduced me to some of her corporate acquaintences. We were discussing Valets (and how I have always wondered what the reception would be if I left my Cadillac with one) and somehow got on the topic of parking cars by one another, to confuse the owners. One of them mentioned that he was formerly a parking attendant at Universal and that while he worked there, about once a month or so, he and his colleagues would make it a game to send all people with similar car colour to the same spot. All of the red cars together, all of the Green cars together, all of the black cars together.

Personally, I always just park wherever I want. Sometimes, this is influenced by what is nearby, which I desire to park beside.

Funny though, because while my sister was visiting for our October shenanigans (before flying back to Phoenix on November first, only to move back to Florida November second) we visited Universal Studios. Partly due to my "free range" parking methods (where I drive where I choose in the parking garage, even against the proper flow of parking, until I find where I want to park) and by the actions of the parking attendants (whom, when I arrived at the front, where I wanted to park and they pointed the cars there into parking spaces) I ended up parking beside this.

Now, I had no idea who owned it (which is rare) but they drove all the way from Georgia. I did however know that by the next day, I would certainly find out, because if I did not happen across the owner, while I was on my way out, I would find him the next day, because surely, he was in the area for my annual Hearse-Owner Get-Together/My Family Reunion.

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '94 Jeep GC LTD

Decided to hang two particular ornaments next to each other while decorating the Christmas tree...

Also, Winston decided that he wanted control of the remote. I found it laying atop his paws yesterday afternoon.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

All the better to hear you with, my dear.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Winston appears to be thinking "Go ahead, I dare you".

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Next time I make it over I must meet Winston!
    greencadillacmatt likes this.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Awesome ornaments greencadillacmatt

Boba Fett guards my Christmas Tree.

My tree is still sitting in a pail of water on the side of the house.

It is a tremendously dreadful thing that Christmas Trees in Florida never exceed 13 feet, apparently. I've been trying for years.

However...I am not a Christian and the Nordic custom of the Christmas Tree is a tradition of my sworn enemy...so I really don't care.

I do miss seeing actual trees (and snow) mind you. Thankfully, there is plenty of each in Nevada.

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

I don't have my tree set up yet, and I'm not sure that I'm even going to get one this year since I have a cat that is the spawn of Satan. I'm thinking about maybe doing something creative like hanging ornaments on fishing line from the ceiling in the shape of a tree or making a tree out of lights on the dining room wall or something. Or maybe even hanging a small tree upside down from the ceiling. We'll see. But as of now since I'm working for Marriott and Harry and David, Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo Dat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.