Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post a random pic thread

338K views 3K replies 141 participants last post by  Jakerin 
#1 ·
Like it states, I'll start.

See less See more
#365 ·
CadillacLuke24 said:
HOLY CRAP! Glad you made it out ok! That is INSANE!
Yeah, would've been worse for me I think if the turkey would've hit the windshield lower...roof line took the brunt of it fortunately, creased it real good hence the convertible pic.

Reactions: CadillacLuke24
#368 · (Edited)
Here's the POLK after conversion to a Seal Team Insertion Vessel. The crew's motto was "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap".

EDIT: She was deactivated in Norfolk in 12/99 and then went via the Panama Canal to Bremerton, WA for disassembly - Were you there in 2000, Mike ??? I have a piece of the pressure hull. The sail is at the National Nuclear Power Museum in Albuquerque.

Reactions: LS1Mike
#372 ·
In 2000 I was on shore duty at TTF, but I remember seeing it their. I also remember when the Kam showed up. Ah good times. Even though I am not in anymore, I still get a bunch of ride time. I have a short one coming up. Wish I had not gotten sick. I would have been at the 20 year mark next year.

#373 ·
Looks like my Father on many of his various visits to the hospital over the years. Interestingly, he wasn't really a "car guy". He just owned a bunch. He owned a fancy track car that could take...basically anything but rather preferred riding around in chauffeured limousines in a nice suit and he definitely preferred it to working on cars.

#374 ·
C&C said:
Zero-dark-hundred (on our recent cruise)
Very nice! I love cruises. My fiancé got me hooked on them. Going to Jamaica in march for our honeymoon on a newer carnival ship. Can't remember the name but I believe it's a 120k ton ship. Built in 08. My first cruise last march, we went on the carnival Fantasy. Only a 70k ton.

Then in probably august, we are either flying to London and taking a 10 day cruise to Greenland, or flying to Seattle and taking an 8 day cruise to Alaska. Can't wait for either of them. Lol

----------

At my dads on lake superior's white fish bay

My 98 Lexus GS400 with my 2nd jeep. A 1998 grand Cherokee. I love how by looking at my GS, you'd never guess it would do 60 in 5.8 seconds or the quarter in 14.

#381 ·
Whatever BB she is, there were 5+ Cadillac Devilles headed toward a target some 12 - 26 miles away. That's a 6-gun shot, and those 16" HE projectiles weighed a ton and a half apiece......... and with the latest guidance/targeting systems, deadly accurate.

Look closely at the number of fire/smoke plumes from each turret. Also notice that each center gun is slightly depressed.

Even today, we still need a battlewagon as the flagship for each Fleet.

#383 ·
That's the Barksdale Wing Commander's bird, I think its a retrofitted H model with all the latest updates and the rear gunner up front: A/C# 60-0008. I was in charge of the electronics retrofit on that bird in 1996.

Although the old girl is only a year younger than I am, she's been totally rebuilt 4 times. For those not familiar with Depot Maintenance, we take everything apart, strip the skin to bare metal, gut all the wiring, Take the engines off and tear them down completely; even replace sections of the skin and fuselage, if needed. Its the "Frame-Off Restoration" of Aircraft Maintenance.

Reactions: CadillacLuke24
#385 · (Edited)
Most of our guys who were killed were shot down while on RDF and other SIGINT missions. We lost several who were shot down in Cambodia prior to the US invasion. This was one of our "Left Bank" Hugheys. "Radio Research" (cover name for Army Security Agency in Vietnam) had a few "Left Bank" units attached to US army divisions, they were task with identifying enemy positions for targeting by "Arc Lights," naval bombardment, artillery targeting and Navy and Air Force bombing runs. According to military histories of the Vietnam were, after 1968, the "Project Left Bank" units were responsible for over 80% of the intelligence used in interdicting and destroying enemy forces and supplies. Of course with out the work of all the other naval and military units, our work would have been in vain.

View attachment 101360

View attachment 101361

For those of us who served in Vietnam, it was the only time our work involved "real" tactical intelligence. For most of our time in the ASA we were working on strategic intelligence problems for customers, both civilian and military.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.