Post a Random Pic Thread - Page 102
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2545
Like Tree1920Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post a Random Pic Thread in General Discussion; Originally Posted by The-Dullahan This is quite likely why if I take a survey of people I know, be they ...
    Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Re: Post a Random Pic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post

This is quite likely why if I take a survey of people I know, be they friends or merely acquaintances, the Metal fans also have well-paying jobs and educations and the country fans usually...well, don't.
    I'm going to say the hardcore metal fans are leaving that concert with a few bruises, maybe a cut or two, maybe a black eye, and if you are one of the weak ass ones you get trampled and leave in the back of an ambulance. I've never been to that brutal of a show, but I've heard of crazy shit like that.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

^Knew a guy who got stabbed a bunch of times at one of those "screamo" band's concerts. Permanenet nerve damage.

Another time, I was watching a concert (Rise Against, but hey, Rancid was opening, so it was worth it. Sad that they were reduced to an opening act, though) and some idiot jumped from the top tier of the building into the "pit" area on the ground floor during the final song of the night. I was the first to notice his shenanigans, but many more people quickly did, once my group started pointing it out. Anyhow, we left and found several ambulances outside (Though admittedly, one of them belonged to one of my group). I feel bad not for him, but for the poor slobs he landed on.

On today's episode of "What is on Chamus' Camera" we find yet another photo that I can determine and make complete sense of, but am unable to figure out how it got there or who took it.

One day, I may be able to land a simple "regular" job.
    lacville78 likes this.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Because Racecar.....

77CDV, orconn, Aron9000 and 4 others like this.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor
    I saw Black Flag some time ago at the Vex in Boyle Heights. My trench coat with "Jello is Gay" written on the back caused some issues slamming in the mosh pit. But I'm sure that country concert was far more intense.
    STS_Seville_Hunter likes this.

I used to be told my boots were not allowed in some venues. Well, rather one venue. The local House Of Blues establishment.

Anyhow, I went there back in February and March for Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys respectively and just wore my "Airport Boots" (Footwear I devised two years back, the day I realized I had to actually get on a plane) and had no problems. When I got inside though, I saw wallet chains and studded vests and the like and realized they must have changed their rules since my last visit (which was several years ago).

From my experience, moshpits can actually be very polite...you know...for what they are. An example would be an individual who decided to tear a girl's top down and shove her into the pit. The pit immediately stopped, picked her up, made sure she was alright and...well, then we had to ask who did it and those of us in the pit suddenly got violent...but it was for a good cause.

However, at Old Town in Kissimmee, where all of the 60+ people bring their classic cars, many of which bought in factory-fresh condition, rather than restoring them, as the elderly understandably do not want to climb around junkyards or under cars as much as we young folk...well, anyhow, they all go and the bands play tunes from the days of yore, the woman of the crowd get up and dance to them in traditional, 50's era dancing that is rather reminiscent of line-dancing. Anyhow, my group and I (the younger crew there, who just sort of all became friends and usually ditch the sow until the cruise starts, instead going to get food or whatnot) have recently learned, since one of us was genius enough to try: Slow-dancing and Moshpits...don't always mix. But she gave a noble effort.

I really need to get back there and start going regularly again, especially since I've met one o our forum members out there who goes to the Friday shows.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Have never done a mosh pit since I quit going to concerts in general quite a few years ago. They appear to be very similar to slam dancing that was popular at punk and more specifically ska performances years ago. I participated in many of them as a weekly event and even with high contact nature of them I never experienced any overt violence or intentional harm caused by anyone. As Chamus points out, the dancers were good at policing themselves.

Back again.

You've got to love it when mysterious packages arrive for you someplace and when presented to you, you can immediately identify them as "Care Packages" (Displaced PA people thing) by the interesting design of the shipping box itself. Even better when you open it like this in someone else's house with an audience of people who barely know you and cannot understand what you're explaining or why these are considered "normal" items.

Interestingly, some of my Floridian friends understood it completely though, just from seeing the photo.

Pretty cool though, that my Cadillac got a plaque. I will have to mail something nice back.
    77CDV and greencadillacmatt like this.

BigCadMan_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldorado 4.9

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

1000th post!

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by bigcadman_1 View Post
    holy crap!

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    My mothers' boyfriend got to that point with his brakes before...

BigCadMan_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldorado 4.9

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by BigCadMan_1 View Post
    How do I know when it's time for new brakes?

I actually had a neighbor who did this. Never touch his van (maintenance wise). Stepped on the brake approaching a toll plaza and............... well you can figure it out from there. Fortunately no one was in front of him, but the toll taker was not amused.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 View Post
    1000th post!
    ^^^ 1950 Cadillac 62 Sedan, the family who lived across the street grandmother drove one of these. Before she got the 1950 she had a 1940 Cadillac 62 (fastback?) sedan. My dad was driving our 1950 Packard Custom 8. I remember how jealous of my friend I was and how lucky I thought she was to have grandmother who had the good taste to have that Cadillac instead of our clunky Packard.

I never road in the old lady's Cadillac, but I did ride in the convertible version of the 1950 Cadillac and Buick. And three years later I road around a lot in my best friend's mom's 1951 Buick Super which had the same body but had the slush-o-matic Dynaflow! Later in 1953 I rode in my dad's boss's 1953 Cadillac 62 sedan. It was brand new at the time and was equipped with air conditioning. It was a very nice car, the very last year to have that same chassis as the 1950.

Back in those days they had a saying in RCA, buy a Cadillac and get fired. Well my dad's boss who was in charge of color television for RCA (the only color TV game in town in 1953) when I rode in his Cad, rode off into the sunset the next year and my dad took over.

In early 1955 or late 1954 we had a color television delivered to our house. Needless to say they were very rare at the time. The only real technical skill I ever developed was my knack for being able to turn the set better than anyone else (including the maestro, my father). Truth was he was so busy making sure that color TV transmitters were getting installed around the country that he didn't have time to even look at the shows on the set much less tune it!.

I used to have my friends in the neighborhood in to see the Walt Disney Show which was broadcast in color that year. I also remember seeing Mary Martin in "Peter Pan" another of the first shows to be broadcast in color.

Strange how life's serendipity wends its' way, I was later to be good friends with Mary Martin's daughter Heller Haliday and get a ride in "Miss Martin's" Rolls Silver Dawn. Many, many years later my son I would become very good friends with members of the Disney family (my son rode with them for four years) and he would get to know several of the Disney animators ..... and actually get to work on a scene from "The Lion King" (which had nothing to do with knowing the family).

Yes that old Cadillac brings back many memories!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.