Posting Pictures The Easy Way
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Posting Pictures The Easy Way in General Discussion; Some of you might have a faster and easier method of getting images in your post than I do, but ...
    dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Posting Pictures The Easy Way

Some of you might have a faster and easier method of getting images in your post than I do, but thought I'd share this.
    Start by opening a free account with photobucket.com Be sure to make the images you want posted public. Size your pictures about 800 pixels width and 72dpi. That will leave you close to a standard letter page size. This is a sample of what your pictures will look like when you get them loaded on photobucket. (these were sized 1000 pixels and I have since reduced my picture size to 800 max width)

Click on the thumbnail that you want in your post.

Right click in the middle of the image if you are using a PC, and there will be a dialog box.

Click on Properties and there will be a description of the image. Highlight the hyperlink by holding down the right mouse button and copy, ( use Ctrl C for copy)

Go to your post back here on the Cadillac forums and type in, [img] then paste your url, (I use Ctrl V ) and then type in [/img]

Click on Preview Post and you should see your pictures in your post. That's all there is to it. Some of you might have a faster and easier method, if you do post back and share it with us.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: Posting Pictures The Easy Way

Thats very helpful thanks for posting

Id like to point out though that photobucket makes it MUCH easier on you by including share options

If you look to the right of your photo, youll see a couple of options for sharing photos. one will have the img tags already included. You can click this and it will AUTOMATICALLY copy to the clipboard. All you have to do is come back to the post and hit ctrl+v as you mentioned...voila

If the image you want to post ISNT on photobucket you can also right click the image and select "Copy Shortcut" if its not grayed out. then you follow the rest of your procedure

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i use imageshack ... never had a problem with them ... and you don't need an account to use it
    (although if you do make an account you get the bonus of collecting all your images together under your account)
    i don't use the account normally since most of the images i post are fleeting and not really 'mine'

imageshack has a great upload tool also to make it super quick and easy to upload one or many images to imageshack and then grab the url (or link) of the image
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Hey thanks for that OffThaHorseCEO !! That is so much BETTER and FASTER.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    i use imageshack ... never had a problem with them ... and you don't need an account to use it
    (although if you do make an account you get the bonus of collecting all your images together under your account)
    i don't use the account normally since most of the images i post are fleeting and not really 'mine'

imageshack has a great upload tool also to make it super quick and easy to upload one or many images to imageshack and then grab the url (or link) of the image
    I'll have to try that out.
    Thanks Chris

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Much easier to left click the IMG code in photobucket. Then paste it into your post. Transfer done

Don

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

This is going to sound weird, but do you mean to tell me there are people who DON'T Use this method? I mean...this is the most complicated thing I know how to do and have literally hired employees strictly to use our computers at work due to my incoherence of the devilish devices, but really?

Also, the comment immediately before mine. That.

EDIT: Also, "Dadillac" has got to be the coolest name on our entire Forum. Give that guy a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    This is going to sound weird, but do you mean to tell me there are people who DON'T Use this method?
    Yes there are people that come here not knowing how to do it. Unlike you, some of us oldsters aren't that well versed on computers like you. I was only trying to help those who don't know how.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Tinypic.com, then copy and past the [
    img] link, done

Quote Originally Posted by dennis93coupe View Post
    Yes there are people that come here not knowing how to do it. Unlike you, some of us oldsters aren't that well versed on computers like you. I was only trying to help those who don't know how.
    exactly this. to alot of us who have been around computers most of our lives this is very easy.

However some of our members dont have as much experience with computers. They still want to share knowledge (or learn from us) and dont exactly know how to post images for example. I think dennis93coupes post was great for people who dont know how to post images. sometimes our reactions to what we think are the most simple questions scare some members...

I think forums should have a forum user tutorial upon registration. Maybe a set of faq's such as "how do i post pictures" "what is the difference between attaching a pic and linking a pic" "how do i post videos" "how long until i can pm" etc

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by dennis93coupe View Post
    Wow you must be reading my mail! I have read the older archived posts on this subject but they didn't help because so much of the computer language used is beyond me yet. This was a God send for someone like me. I am so bad, reading it wasn't enough, I printed it out so I can have in hand when I try it. It is so clear I'm sure I wont have a problem.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I understand that to the people who have been here a long time it may be frustrating to keep seeing the same stuff over and over but it is a BIG help to someone like me.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    exactly this. to alot of us who have been around computers most of our lives this is very easy.

However some of our members dont have as much experience with computers. They still want to share knowledge (or learn from us) and dont exactly know how to post images for example. I think dennis93coupes post was great for people who dont know how to post images. sometimes our reactions to what we think are the most simple questions scare some members...

I think forums should have a forum user tutorial upon registration. Maybe a set of faq's such as "how do i post pictures" "what is the difference between attaching a pic and linking a pic" "how do i post videos" "how long until i can pm" etc
    I agree. I hate to even ask because I don't speak the language yet, and never understand the answer.
    They did send me a letter explaining a lot to me but having only owned a computer for three months every fifth word might as well have been Japanese!
    Maybe a sticky would be better, after I got my feet a wet the first thing I did was start looking around and reading stuff. That would have been one of the first I would have gone to! In retail we learn that nothing in the first 20 to 30 feet of the store matters much. People aren't paying attention until they get comfortable with the environment.

its crazy the things they teach in retail isnt it?

One of the things that wasnt taught (but that i learned by looking watching doing reading) was that retail is USUALLY set up in a way that predicts the average humans movement patterns.

The tommy hilfiger store i used to work at had two entrances at one point, they decided they werent making enough money so they closed one of the entrances. Management and most of the employees thought it was a backwards move but i had read somewhere the actual reason for it. It turns out that multiple studies showed that consumers will go to the right of a store FIRST more often than they will go left. If there isnt much room (readroduct) to their right, theyre likely to leave with less merchandise or none at all. For that reason, corporate permanently closed the doors on the right side of the store. Our numbers instantly improved

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    its crazy the things they teach in retail isnt it?

One of the things that wasnt taught (but that i learned by looking watching doing reading) was that retail is USUALLY set up in a way that predicts the average humans movement patterns.

The tommy hilfiger store i used to work at had two entrances at one point, they decided they werent making enough money so they closed one of the entrances. Management and most of the employees thought it was a backwards move but i had read somewhere the actual reason for it. It turns out that multiple studies showed that consumers will go to the right of a store FIRST more often than they will go left. If there isnt much room (readroduct) to their right, theyre likely to leave with less merchandise or none at all. For that reason, corporate permanently closed the doors on the right side of the store. Our numbers instantly improved
    Yeah, I have heard that before too. I'm sure this is boring the hell out of others, but when I first moved from local Hardware to mass retail I worked for Menards (at the time a regional chain in the midwest). Our store was set up like a maze! A huge wall made you walk to the end of the store before you could turn toward the back, Then another wall ran from it to the back of the store. If you came in to buy one thing, found it in the first five foot of the store, you had to go through every dept. just to get to the register to pay! Oh the complaints we heard!
    Ok, sorry guys,back to Cadillacs, I know.
    The only room mate I ever had was when I was 19. He was a produce manger at an IGA Foodliner. Every time we went out of town together I would be dragged through grocery stores. I met his wife a few year ago and another buddy and I were kidding him about it and His wife says he dose it to her now! So I know how mind-numbingly boring this is to non-retail people.

BigCadMan_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldorado 4.9

Some of you might have a faster and easier method of getting images in your post than I do, but thought I'd share this.
    Start by opening a free account with photobucket.com Be sure to make the images you want posted public. Size your pictures about 800 pixels width and 72dpi. That will leave you close to a standard letter page size. This is a sample of what your pictures will look like when you get them loaded on photobucket. (these were sized 1000 pixels and I have since reduced my picture size to 800 max width)

Wow...I can't believe your running IE!
    brandondeleo and brandondeleo like this.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

If you have multiple pics, you can use imgur.com to upload them all at once. Then it will automatically generate a list of [img] tags for all of them that you can copy and paste into the forum in one shot.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

imgur is good too.. and like i said earlier ...

imageshack - no user account required
    multiple images can be uploaded at the same time
    their upload tool is super easy to use and does also give you the IMG code if you want (i like to use the direct link but that's personal preference)

what i like most is that i just right click on the images as i save them on my desktop and the 'upload with imageshack uploader' option is right there and one more click and they're ready to post
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.