Derelicts In Your Area - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Derelicts In Your Area in General Discussion; ^Woooooooooooooooooow!...
    greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

Re: Derelicts In Your Area

^Woooooooooooooooooow!

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    This is about 10 houses away, this thing is about 80' from stem to stern.
    Hey, Faded Crest, You need to get one of these. Then they won't even notice your bus!

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

This is about 10 houses away, this thing is about 80' from stem to stern.
    And the city is all up in his business about it. Seems the NIMBYs are whining quite loudly about not wanting "that" in their oh-so-upscale neighborhood.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Hey Koooop,

I know her. The owner, not the car. Never met the car in person. It's a 1971.

At least, I think I know the owner. I definitely know the car, because it would take some kind of freak to forget such a pretty (if not funny-coloured) Superior.

She (The owner/possible previous owner) was going to sell it about a year ago, though to the best of my knowledge, held onto it (If she did sell it, and you are still in California, like your profile suggests, it can't have gone far and definitely has not changed much) and was (at least a year ago) running fine.

If you meet the owner and remember me, ask if it is for sale and how much they want. Out of curiosity, more than an actual chance I will buy it, as it is quite far away. (But since I live in Vegas for 1/4-1/3 of the year...) I suspect the price to still be around $6-7K

Also, it needs more of these.

Now she will not know who you are talking about, if you tell her "That one Irish Guy" but if it is her (Her name is Lori) you'll know it's the owner I am familiar with, even if she doesn't know me precisely (But would recall my car ). IIRC, the neighbourhood (Someplace in your Orange County) does not like it there, so she moves it up and down the street, because it can't get ticketed if it moves every pre-determined amount of time. Also, does anyone remember Myspace...I need to get on there again sometime...

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Rumor has it she's moving, if you really are interested I'll go knock on her door for you. It's located in Costa Mesa Ca.

^That's it. Yeah, it's her. No, I really don't need it or anything, just curious if she sold it (Could not remember the name of her city) but it's definitely still hers. Check on it again and you'll probably see it in a slightly different spot.

I never forget a Hearse.
    Sevillian273 and Sevillian273 like this.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

A purple hearse, now there's one to just slip your memeory! "Hmmm! What color was that hearse? Come to think of it\, it was purple"

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    And the city is all up in his business about it. Seems the NIMBYs are whining quite loudly about not wanting "that" in their oh-so-upscale neighborhood.
    The only reason I want the boat to go is because my next door neighbor has a 140' driveway. That driveway is right in my face, he could dry dock the friggin' Titanic right outside of my living room/Dining room/pool/backyard, it would be in my face at all times. The fact is that virtually no one supports this fellow except for a nobody writer from a throw away newspaper. Once a person actually sees that the rotted out hulk of what once was a boat and connects the fact that this is THREE stories high then they realize this neverending (6 years so far) project could be in anyones front yard the support quickly drys up. Besides, I don't think there's anything left to restore it looks completely rotted out. All the fellow and his son have done in 6 years is put up stairs, a makeshift roof and strip some rot off. Reality is, it's a Garden Gnome.

I actually like the boat, it's a cool part of history of our area, and the barn in the pic is full of a Gazillion Dollars worth of vintage cars including a fully documented absolutely immaculate 1909 Buick racer, a vintage Yosemite open top tour bus and more eye poppers. The owner is an interesting fellow as well, quite colorful, but he had no business putting that thing in the middle of a residential neighborhood. The boat is loaded with lead paint, copper paint and who knows what else. All of that stuff would be sanded off and all of those toxic heavy metals would be put into our immediate environment where kids play and families live. It's a residential area, not a shipyard.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    A purple hearse, now there's one to just slip your memeory! "Hmmm! What color was that hearse? Come to think of it\, it was purple"
    More common than you'd think. In fact, if a Hearse Owner repaints their car fully, it nearly always gets a brand new colour. Purple is probably the single most common. When it is not purple, it just gets painted black with purple flames or some sort of striping that compliments the contours of the vehicle. I have one time see a Hearse that was a deep, metallic shade of purple...while in service.

Purple lighting is also common, as custom lighting tends to be common on Hearses and purple seems a kind of natural colour for a Hearse's undercarriage or interior lamps (And also the official colour used to signify a Funeral procession, so it matches any of those lights as well). Long ago, at another job, when my car was first (finally) shipped down to Florida and my coworkers saw it, I had everyone at the location track me down sometime that day to speak to me about it. If I had a dollar for every one someone mentioned something about painting it purple, even in just that one day...

The same gift of recalling cars so easily came when a Buick I saw one time (One of the few times I have ever seen a Hearse that was not still in service since leaving Pennsylvania) and later found it in a photo gallery online with a model (The model being the focus, the car more of an accessory) and immediately recognized it. I later found a full gallery and was able to confirm it was the same Buick (Also a Superior)

For the most part, I just don't forget cars in general though and have insisted that particular cars were once I was familiar with, without an initial evidence, other than them being the appropriate colour.

There is a ton of stuff (crap) in the car and a sign with "Purple People Eater" in the window. The lady has a big statue of Dracula in her front yard as well. It's all pretty hilarious, but a sad state of condition. I like the year, that thing is HUGE!

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Hey, Faded Crest, You need to get one of these. Then they won't even notice your bus!
    They should be thanking their lucky stars I'm not any worse. I had 2 buses last year.... The Eagle and a Bluebird which we sold.

There is a ton of stuff (crap) in the car and a sign with "Purple People Eater" in the window. The lady has a big statue of Dracula in her front yard as well. It's all pretty hilarious, but a sad state of condition. I like the year, that thing is HUGE!
    And a Shrek, Spongebob and Bill Clinton in the front seat, IIRC. As for the size, technically speaking, it is not any larger than my own Hearse (Bigger engine though ). I really could not imagine regularly driving anything shorter than my '72 Lincoln. I wish this country understood that and started producing realistically sized parking spaces.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Had to be done...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

what's that red car to the left?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Something that could never possibly be as awesome as the Cadillac in the centre.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.