What are you listening to?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree743Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What are you listening to? in General Discussion; Since music has popped up in a few threads here recently, I thought it would be interesting to have an ...
    KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

What are you listening to?

Since music has popped up in a few threads here recently, I thought it would be interesting to have an ongoing thread about music and to also post what we're all listening to at any given time. I don't know about you guys but my music keeps me sane everyday and I listen when ever possible. I mainly listen to '60's-'70's. I also enjoy 50's music, select 80's, jazz and classical. Rock and roll and blues is my big thing.

This morning I was listening to The James Gang and Aerosmith.

"Funk #49" from James Gang Rides Again (1970). I love Joe Walsh and The James Gang, but I was never really a "big" Eagles guy for some reason.

A fairly "popular" song, it was actually made in 1973 when Walsh was with Barnstorm

==============

I'm always listening to Aerosmith. Aerosmith's first album (1973). Yes, Aerosmith made other songs besides I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Jaded and Pink. Aerosmith, Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks and Draw The Line are their best albums by far. Those were the real Aerosmith years.
    "Movin' Out" was the first song Steven and Joe ever co-wrote. They were all just kids at the time of this album. It's amazing the talent that came out of these few decades.

"Somebody" is another one of my favorites on their first album, but all the songs are really excellent. I only envy those of you who were alive when beauties like these were being made.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: What are you listening to?

Does anyone like folk music any more? I have about ten vinyl 33 rpms of Pete Seeger, Joan Baez and others but no way to play them any longer.
    I have a CD of some of Joan Baez better pieces, I still enjoy listening to. I also like Dixieland jazz and other jazz. I only listen to Rock n' Roll on the car radio, same with Country and Western.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Again, I listen to anything. Rap, rock, metal, alternative, jazz, R&B, blues, country, classical, pop, classic rock...
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

Been listening to nothing but smooth jazz since I've been doing the Northstar head gaskets.... Need to be as mellow as possible during this project!
    basscatt, basscatt, 77CDV and 3 others like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Usually if I work late, my drive home is more mellow with Buble, Sinatra or Krall...

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Does anyone like folk music any more? I have about ten vinyl 33 rpms of Pete Seeger, Joan Baez and others but no way to play them any longer.
    I have a CD of some of Joan Baez better pieces, I still enjoy listening to. I also like Dixieland jazz and other jazz. I only listen to Rock n' Roll on the car radio, same with Country and Western.
    I never was a folk music fan, but I have quite a vinyl collection myself, I bought a sony turntable a few years back and connected up to my existing sound
    system, it sounds very good as it also eliminated a lot of the old "party" scratches and hissing.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

Unfortunately the rest of the album isn't nearly as fun
    ben.gators and ben.gators like this.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Going with band names now, Theory Of A Deadman, some newer pop crap my sisters like (Timberlake, that TI dude, eminem, etc.) A mix of older stuff (Joe Walsh, Jim Croce, Van Halen, Taylor Swift, Boston) etc. Oh, and don't kill me, but some Selena Gomez too

^^^ Aw! Selena Gomez

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Normally I just listen to my whole music library on shuffle and enjoy whatever comes up.

Just passed:

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

I'll listen to most anything (excepting rap/hip-hop), but I tend to prefer swing/jazz/standards and classical (mostly the Baroque and Romantic eras).

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Does anyone like folk music any more?
    I wish I had a way to play them. Pete Seeger and Joan Baez are right up my alley! My favorite is Phil Oches. I don't know if you ever saw it, but there is a charming documentary titled "The Weavers, Wasn't That A Time!' that PBS used to play.
    Look it up if you haven't. It ends with their reunion in the eighties and to look of joy on Petes face as he hits the high notes on The Lion Sleeps Tonight is enough to bring tears to your eyes!

KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic

Of course some of the music I listen to has a little bit of folk within.

I wonder if anyone likes Free. One of the most unknown, under appreciated bands ever IMO. If anything people just know All Right Now. If you like classic rock or good music you have to download/buy their discography and listen to every song they ever made. They were one of those bands that just never made a bad song. Paul Kossoff was an excellent guitarist. It's a shame he died when he did. Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke went on to form up Bad Company, another one of my favorite bands. I think Rodgers has one of the best singing voices I've ever heard. Well, I was listening to some Free tonight.

This song has a Bad Company vibe seeping out everywhere. Good sign of things to come.

Luke mentioned Boston, they were another band that's pretty underrated and never made a bad song. Hitch A Ride has some amazing guitar in the last half of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I wish I had a way to play them. Pete Seeger and Joan Baez are right up my alley! My favorite is Phil Oches. I don't know if you ever saw it, but there is a charming documentary titled "The Weavers, Wasn't That A Time!' that PBS used to play.
    Look it up if you haven't. It ends with their reunion in the eighties and to look of joy on Pete's face as he hits the high notes on The Lion Sleeps Tonight is enough to bring tears to your eyes!
    I not only saw the PBS show about the Weavers, but I actually saw the Weavers and Pete Seeger live. My sister, who is six years older than I and was a closet beatnik in the 1950's introduced me to folk music before it really became popular nationally. She took me to see the Weavers one time in NYC. Pete Seeger came to perform at my prep school about 1960. He had become popular again after being "Black Listed" with the Weavers during the HUAC hearings.

Of course, the years I was at the U of W-Madison was the period of the height of popularity of folk based music, Bob Dylan, Baez, The Kingston Trio and Peter, Paul and Mary were the background music at the Union and the local student coffee houses and restaurants. I left Madison in February of 1967 before the student demonstrations and other mischief had really gotten going, but my wife, who was two years behind me was there for the for the demonstrations and bombing. I just read about it while overseas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.