Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you listening to?

170K views 1K replies 114 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Since music has popped up in a few threads here recently, I thought it would be interesting to have an ongoing thread about music and to also post what we're all listening to at any given time. I don't know about you guys but my music keeps me sane everyday and I listen when ever possible. I mainly listen to '60's-'70's. I also enjoy 50's music, select 80's, jazz and classical. Rock and roll and blues is my big thing.

This morning I was listening to The James Gang and Aerosmith.

"Funk #49" from James Gang Rides Again (1970). I love Joe Walsh and The James Gang, but I was never really a "big" Eagles guy for some reason.

A fairly "popular" song, it was actually made in 1973 when Walsh was with Barnstorm

==============

I'm always listening to Aerosmith. Aerosmith's first album (1973). Yes, Aerosmith made other songs besides I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Jaded and Pink. Aerosmith, Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks and Draw The Line are their best albums by far. Those were the real Aerosmith years.
"Movin' Out" was the first song Steven and Joe ever co-wrote. They were all just kids at the time of this album. It's amazing the talent that came out of these few decades.

"Somebody" is another one of my favorites on their first album, but all the songs are really excellent. I only envy those of you who were alive when beauties like these were being made.

See less See more
#233 · (Edited)
Oh I could write a 10 page rant about why she sucks. In that album picture she looks like a coked out, hideous Billy Idol cross dressing as Marylon Monroe. In that album picture she looks like a coked out, hideous Billy Idol cross dressing as Marylon Monroe with an S&M fetish. Of course I think Pink, Billy, and MM all have a kinky side. Its just that Pink has a natural beauty about her, but her fashion sense/image always translates to coked out, used up whore. Really she could be pretty and glamorous, but instead she goes for the $20 hooker look.

Don't even get me started about her "music".

BTW I've been listening to Morbid Angel the past couple of days. They are one of the first death metal bands, one of the greatest bands ever from that central Florida/Orlando metal scene. Still debating if I want to drive down to Atlanta on Friday for their show.

#238 ·
The lead car is a mid sixties Wolsley, a badge engineered Austin 110, The hearse was made from a mid sixties Daimler Majestic Major (small Daimler). I didn't get much of a look at the third vehicle, probably another Wolsley. Wolsley's were on of the cars that came under the BMC (British Motor Corp) banner in the late fifties. Starting with Austin on the low end, the various nameplates (Austin, Wolsley, Riley eventually Jaguar all came under the corporate roof). With exception of Jaguar the cars made by BMC were just gussied up versions of Austins which merely sported different grills and an ascending level interior fitments. Truth be told it is no wander that BMC and most of its' brands bit the dust! Jaguar became a independent company in the late sixties and merged with Daimler. The big Limos so much in use in Britain in th '70's through the '90's were Jaguar produced Daimlers.

#239 ·
I was looking through some old 70's music and brought these two out of mothballs. Have been giving them a little bit of play. Bill Withers wrote and performed some good music in the 70’s, especially some his social and political tunes.

Bill Withers – Who is He? (and what is he to you) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FbUGkouIPg

Bill Withers – I Can’t Write Left-Handed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RyYtkifTM

#240 ·
Orconn beat me to it. I recall we had a thread about this, "Name That Car" thing and something about Brandon posting a 300c which confused the f**k out of me (Hats off Brandon, it was easily the most challenging car in the thread to guess)

I've always liked Daimlers actually. Sadly, I Euro Bubble Hearses are just kind of...weird. There are a few exceptions. The British were far better at building them than the Germans. Fun fact, if you ever want a British Hearse the cheapest source is to purchase one that was exported to Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.