Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you listening to?

170K views 1K replies 114 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Since music has popped up in a few threads here recently, I thought it would be interesting to have an ongoing thread about music and to also post what we're all listening to at any given time. I don't know about you guys but my music keeps me sane everyday and I listen when ever possible. I mainly listen to '60's-'70's. I also enjoy 50's music, select 80's, jazz and classical. Rock and roll and blues is my big thing.

This morning I was listening to The James Gang and Aerosmith.

"Funk #49" from James Gang Rides Again (1970). I love Joe Walsh and The James Gang, but I was never really a "big" Eagles guy for some reason.

A fairly "popular" song, it was actually made in 1973 when Walsh was with Barnstorm

==============

I'm always listening to Aerosmith. Aerosmith's first album (1973). Yes, Aerosmith made other songs besides I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Jaded and Pink. Aerosmith, Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks and Draw The Line are their best albums by far. Those were the real Aerosmith years.
"Movin' Out" was the first song Steven and Joe ever co-wrote. They were all just kids at the time of this album. It's amazing the talent that came out of these few decades.

"Somebody" is another one of my favorites on their first album, but all the songs are really excellent. I only envy those of you who were alive when beauties like these were being made.

See less See more
#14 ·
Of course some of the music I listen to has a little bit of folk within.

I wonder if anyone likes Free. One of the most unknown, under appreciated bands ever IMO. If anything people just know All Right Now. If you like classic rock or good music you have to download/buy their discography and listen to every song they ever made. They were one of those bands that just never made a bad song. Paul Kossoff was an excellent guitarist. It's a shame he died when he did. Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke went on to form up Bad Company, another one of my favorite bands. I think Rodgers has one of the best singing voices I've ever heard. Well, I was listening to some Free tonight.

This song has a Bad Company vibe seeping out everywhere. Good sign of things to come.

Luke mentioned Boston, they were another band that's pretty underrated and never made a bad song. Hitch A Ride has some amazing guitar in the last half of the song. :bighead:

#24 ·
Any therapist will tell you it always comes back to the mom!:bonkers: In my case she was the music person,just as a fan. In 66 my folks bought a VW convert. We lived in an area where only one radio station came in strong. They would try to be all
things to all people. They would play Light My Fire, then Sixteen Tons, then Crazy! So I lay my weird taste in music squarely at her feet. (also that convertible addiction I suffer from).

#25 ·
Here's 1/3 of my vinyl. Everything from Beethoven to Vangelis and all between - classical, jazz, rock, pop, vocal, group, country, folk, instrumental.

Did some REO Speedwagon, Dire Straits and Police last night.

The CD player is a modified Magnavox 4000 with a discrete vacuum tube output stage (12AX7A's) and buffer (6DJ8's). The bass amp (< 250 Hz) is a Fosgate transistor unit; the main amp (> 250 Hz) is a VAC PA 100/100 using original 1960's Genelex Gold Lion KT-88 output tubes and Amperex Bugle Boy 12AU7A's for the inputs. Electrostatic speakers are MartinLogan VISTA; I built the bass enclosures using 12" NHT woofers. Most satisfactory. There is no television or DVD. Not needed.

#29 ·
About Boston, yeah they are pretty well known, but talent wise I just don't think they've gotten as much credit as they deserve. IMO they're better than some bands that have gotten much more recognition. At least from what I've read. It seemed to me like they got a huge boost in air time just after Brad Delp killed himself. Go figure.

That's pretty awesome Sub. Reminds me of my uncle, except his are plastered all over the walls in his office lol.

#35 ·
Sweet. I became a huge Billy Joel fan around the time "The Nylon Curtain" came out. I then started buying his previous albums... No question he made his best music in the 1970s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.