What are you listening to? - Page 8
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1347
Like Tree762Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What are you listening to? in General Discussion; I'm a musician. Trumpet. I play everything from concert to marching, mariachi to traditional Bavarian, symphonic to jazz is one ...
  1. #106
    brandondeleo's Avatar
    brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Medford, OR
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: What are you listening to?

    I'm a musician. Trumpet. I play everything from concert to marching, mariachi to traditional Bavarian, symphonic to jazz is one of my favorites to play. American Patrol is one of my favorite songs to play because it's so much fun. So much flexibility and swinging in the rhythm. The range is great in the song, too.


    ----------

    Glenn Miller is THE SHIT.

  2. #107
    greencadillacmatt's Avatar
    greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '94 Jeep GC LTD
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Otsego,Michigan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,176

    Re: What are you listening to?

    I'm feeling very late-90's, so I'm listening to this:


  3. #108
    talismandave's Avatar
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Madison WI
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,217

    Re: What are you listening to?

    I imagine that would be fun. I have been trying to think of what my favorite instrumental piece would be. I can come up with my fav instr. record, The soundtrack to the movie Manhattan.(Gershwin showtunes) but no one piece stands alone as my fav. Second fav record would be disqualified because it is synth instrument and not entirely instr.(soundtrack A Clockwork Orange). I love the instrumental part on Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder but again not all instrumental. On short notice I would have to go with Funeral For A Friend by Elton John. It is the lead up instrumental to Love Lies Bleeding from Yellow Brick Road.

  4. #109
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sitting on The Levee
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,555

    Re: What are you listening to?



    Enough said.

  5. #110
    KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    25
    Posts
    889
    Thread Starter

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post


    Enough said.
    ^Makes me think of this everytime



    I'll throw in some other good oldies





    brandondeleo and brandondeleo like this.

  6. #111
    brandondeleo's Avatar
    brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Medford, OR
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: What are you listening to?





    I still think they should bring back Soul Train.

  7. #112
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sitting on The Levee
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,555

    Re: What are you listening to?

    KN's got the right idea. A friend of mine drives a '58 Fury and I have a whole collection of songs specifically for when I am working on it (Thus far, he has has me do whatever he has needed done to it over the last few years) or driving it. I once borrowed it briefly for work when he left it with me and my employees got a kick out of it.

    I also installed a sound car I had written by a friend in the prop industry that plays the opening riff of "Bad To The Bone" every time you start the car. One day, I should buy it off him.

    Fun fact, one of the cars I happened to look at recently was a '58 Plymouth Fury Hearse...just because I always knew I could make Christine more evil. It probably also needs remote ignition and headlamp control. I rigged him a custom set of white HID's a few years ago (Actually before I made my own) to match the colour of Christine;s lamps from the film (which at the time, I had only ever read the book)

  8. #113
    orconn's Avatar
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    12,984

    Re: What are you listening to?

    To me "Wake up little Susie" by the Everly Brothers was the epitome of the mid fifities! That and a 1957 Olds!

  9. #114
    KNCadillac8898 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS; Blue Ice Metallic
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    25
    Posts
    889
    Thread Starter

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    KN's got the right idea. A friend of mine drives a '58 Fury and I have a whole collection of songs specifically for when I am working on it (Thus far, he has has me do whatever he has needed done to it over the last few years) or driving it. I once borrowed it briefly for work when he left it with me and my employees got a kick out of it.

    I also installed a sound car I had written by a friend in the prop industry that plays the opening riff of "Bad To The Bone" every time you start the car. One day, I should buy it off him.

    Fun fact, one of the cars I happened to look at recently was a '58 Plymouth Fury Hearse...just because I always knew I could make Christine more evil. It probably also needs remote ignition and headlamp control. I rigged him a custom set of white HID's a few years ago (Actually before I made my own) to match the colour of Christine;s lamps from the film (which at the time, I had only ever read the book)
    That's pretty awesome. Obviously I'm a little biased because of the book and movie, as most probably are, but if I try and pretend "Christine" never existed, I still think the 3rd gen Belvedere/Fury is my favorite car Plymouth ever built. Absolutely beautiful and monsterous looking car. I just can't bring myself to like any of their other vehicles as much as that one. One of the best looking cars Chrysler's ever put out.

    A little off topic now. But hey there's music in it.

  10. #115
    brandondeleo's Avatar
    brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Medford, OR
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    To me "Wake up littel Susie" by the Everly Brothers was the epitome of the mid fifities!
    Even thought it's '59, one of the first things that pops into mind when I think about the fifties is The Twist.


  11. #116
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sitting on The Levee
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,555

    Re: What are you listening to?

    The only cars Mopar ever built that I even liked the styling of a little bit were built at the end of the fifties, right up until the earliest sixties.

    I am partial to "Christine" above others (Again, as far as my liking of Plymouth styling goes) however, because it also has the distinct characteristic of actually looking nice in red. I think very few cars can pull off a red/white two-tone and it is one of them. A late fifties Cadillac, for example, I feel tends to look best in black, though a '59 Eldorado can pull off a wide variety of colours, but only if all of the factory chrome is intact and present.

    I know another guy with a red '58 Plymouth with a less-than-original interior that looks plain and boring compared to what the company was building in those years. I have not gotten too much information about it out of him, because the guy is a downright pompous a**hole and none of us (My personal friends and I who interact with him at a local event we all attend together) can put up with him. Still a cool car, if you take photos of it from the outside It also has some tacky Skull hood ornament and it is painted a shade of red that seems slightly off what Mopar was using in the fifties. I suspect that it was actually repainted in a Chevrolet colour.

  12. #117
    orconn's Avatar
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    12,984

    Re: What are you listening to?

    19 57 was a high point in American car design! For me it was Chrysler Corps best year ever, they didn't have a looser in their whole lineup. With the exception of Mercury (which, let's face was so wonky it was wonderful) Ford was in third place of the Big Three. GM was really nice in '57 with Cadillac, Olds and Buick being really great looking. But nothing could match the flat out wonderfulness of the Chrysler products (it is a shame that the rust bug munched so many of them to an early death). The Plymouth and Dodges were brilliant, but my personal favorite was the Chrysler New Yorker, whether in coupe, convertible or sedan the 1957 New Yorker was sensational.


    Attachment 90695 Attachment 90696 Attachment 90697


    Even the station wagon looked good!


    Attachment 90698
    Jesda and Jesda like this.

  13. #118
    Stingroo's Avatar
    Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Age
    24
    Posts
    17,290

    Re: What are you listening to?


  14. #119
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sitting on The Levee
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,555

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    Physical Violence is the least of your priorities.

  15. #120
    I~LUV~Caddys8792's Avatar
    I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roseville, MN.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    34,087

    Re: What are you listening to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    That's a great song with quite the history behind it.

    Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    19 57 was a high point in American car design! For me it was Chrysler Corps best year ever, they didn't have a looser in their whole lineup. With the exception of Mercury (which, let's face was so wonky it was wonderful) Ford was in third place of the Big Three. GM was really nice in '57 with Cadillac, Olds and Buick being really great looking. But nothing could match the flat out wonderfulness of the Chrysler products (it is a shame that the rust bug munched so many of them to an early death). The Plymouth and Dodges were brilliant, but my personal favorite was the Chrysler New Yorker, whether in coupe, convertible or sedan the 1957 New Yorker was sensational.


    Attachment 90695 Attachment 90696 Attachment 90697


    Even the station wagon looked good!


    Attachment 90698
    I've said this before, but it bears repeating. When I was a child, my dad inherited a '57 Chrysler Windsor (the entry level model) from his deceased great aunt. It was a salmon pink with a white accent on both sides of the car, from the rear doors up the side of the tail fins. We had that car from 1992-2001 and even though I only drove it once, I loved it. Lots of good memories with that car, and I firmly believe that because I grew up with that car, that's why I like the full size cars I do now, not the other stuff people my age usually like.

    Anyways though, the 1957-58 (and to a lesser extent 59-60) MoPars were a beautiful car and in many ways better looking than their counterparts from FoMoCo and GM.

    Quote Originally Posted by KNCadillac8898 View Post
    That's pretty awesome. Obviously I'm a little biased because of the book and movie, as most probably are, but if I try and pretend "Christine" never existed, I still think the 3rd gen Belvedere/Fury is my favorite car Plymouth ever built. Absolutely beautiful and monsterous looking car. I just can't bring myself to like any of their other vehicles as much as that one. One of the best looking cars Chrysler's ever put out.

    A little off topic now. But hey there's music in it.
    One of my all time favorite books & movies. The movie was great but the book was tops. I remember reading that book over the summer of 2000, mostly in the front seat of that '57 Chrysler we had.

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post


    Enough said.

    I bought the Marauder from a Honda dealer and I had to take it in last Friday to have some items addressed, and when I went to pick it up and saw it parked along side all of these boring milquetoast Hondas, that song came into my head.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

    Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

    Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting