Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you listening to?

170K views 1K replies 114 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Since music has popped up in a few threads here recently, I thought it would be interesting to have an ongoing thread about music and to also post what we're all listening to at any given time. I don't know about you guys but my music keeps me sane everyday and I listen when ever possible. I mainly listen to '60's-'70's. I also enjoy 50's music, select 80's, jazz and classical. Rock and roll and blues is my big thing.

This morning I was listening to The James Gang and Aerosmith.

"Funk #49" from James Gang Rides Again (1970). I love Joe Walsh and The James Gang, but I was never really a "big" Eagles guy for some reason.

A fairly "popular" song, it was actually made in 1973 when Walsh was with Barnstorm

==============

I'm always listening to Aerosmith. Aerosmith's first album (1973). Yes, Aerosmith made other songs besides I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Jaded and Pink. Aerosmith, Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks and Draw The Line are their best albums by far. Those were the real Aerosmith years.
"Movin' Out" was the first song Steven and Joe ever co-wrote. They were all just kids at the time of this album. It's amazing the talent that came out of these few decades.

"Somebody" is another one of my favorites on their first album, but all the songs are really excellent. I only envy those of you who were alive when beauties like these were being made.

See less See more
#1,323 ·
I like the USC chorale .........

It's a tragedy that now, apparently, no one can "listen" without also watching some mindless animation. I'll make an exception - Walt Disney's 1939 epic "Fantasia". Coupled with a good theatre or home sound system, this is classic music 35mm film at a high level.

Pour a good scotch, cue up a favorite vinyl, settle back and let your mind become the "video". (Similar to reading a classic novel)

Logged on a few minutes ago after both sides of the 1962 Dave Brubeck Quartet "Time Out". We'll do dinner at 7 and settle in for a couple of MJQ vinyl discs.

Want 20 minutes of soul-stirring jazz ?? Find the old vinyl - or CD reissue - of Jim Hall's interpretation of the adagio from Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez". Titled simply "Concierto" - a collaboration of some jazz greats including Paul Desmond, Roland Hanna, Jim Hall, others. The flip side is very different, bouncy fun.

#1,326 ·
I made a new itunes playlist to run to, now that the elections are over. Mark Levin on Tune-in catalogues his show everyday commercial free. If you like conservativism, he is the best! tune-in is a buggy app, there are many ways to stream, like from his website, itunes, different radio stations. I would be surprised if most people arent doing it. Back to the Playlist, I love Herbie Hancock's Canteloupe Island. fUnky, fuNky!

----------

Submariner409 said:
I like the USC chorale ......... It's a tragedy that now, apparently, no one can "listen" without also watching some mindless animation. I'll make an exception - Walt Disney's 1939 epic "Fantasia". Coupled with a good theatre or home sound system, this is classic music 35mm film at a high level. Pour a good scotch, cue up a favorite vinyl, settle back and let your mind become the "video". (Similar to reading a classic novel) Logged on a few minutes ago after both sides of the 1962 Dave Brubeck Quartet "Time Out". We'll do dinner at 7 and settle in for a couple of MJQ vinyl discs. Want 20 minutes of soul-stirring jazz ?? Find the old vinyl - or CD reissue - of Jim Hall's interpretation of the adagio from Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez". Titled simply "Concierto" - a collaboration of some jazz greats including Paul Desmond, Roland Hanna, Jim Hall, others. The flip side is very different, bouncy fun.
I have a large vinyl collection. I have a set of Jackie Gleason's big band Music for Sippin' Music for Lovin' Music for Listenin' for Dancin' Visitors and guests always want to know who it is. He was the Great One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.