Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you listening to?

170K views 1K replies 114 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Since music has popped up in a few threads here recently, I thought it would be interesting to have an ongoing thread about music and to also post what we're all listening to at any given time. I don't know about you guys but my music keeps me sane everyday and I listen when ever possible. I mainly listen to '60's-'70's. I also enjoy 50's music, select 80's, jazz and classical. Rock and roll and blues is my big thing.

This morning I was listening to The James Gang and Aerosmith.

"Funk #49" from James Gang Rides Again (1970). I love Joe Walsh and The James Gang, but I was never really a "big" Eagles guy for some reason.

A fairly "popular" song, it was actually made in 1973 when Walsh was with Barnstorm

==============

I'm always listening to Aerosmith. Aerosmith's first album (1973). Yes, Aerosmith made other songs besides I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Jaded and Pink. Aerosmith, Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks and Draw The Line are their best albums by far. Those were the real Aerosmith years.
"Movin' Out" was the first song Steven and Joe ever co-wrote. They were all just kids at the time of this album. It's amazing the talent that came out of these few decades.

"Somebody" is another one of my favorites on their first album, but all the songs are really excellent. I only envy those of you who were alive when beauties like these were being made.

See less See more
#1,240 ·

I've actually sent one of my kids off to Pennsylvania as a new residence just a few days back. Packed her up in a box and sent her along... Well no...(but almost, since she was issued a Chevrolet Spark as her personal conveyance) Sadly, I couldn't go.

One day, when I get out of the work I am doing (And subsequently retire) I will have the level of freedom to do so.

Shouldn't be more than a few years, now. Anyhow, I think those familiar with the state, even in my rural area, would understand what's going on in this song.

#1,245 ·
This year at the Britt Festival about 10 minutes from me, there are going to be some pretty fun people performing. I'd love to see some of them.
Here are some of the 2014 Britt Festival performers.

Joan Jett
The Fray
Joan Baez
The Beach Boys (boy?)
Jennifer Nettles
Peter Frampton and Buddy Guy
Montgomery Gentry
Gavin DeGraw, Matt Nathanson, and Mary Lambert

I WILL see Joan Jett.

G
#1,255 · (Edited)
Met and Saw Jake E Lee the guitar player from Ozzy Osbourne during " Bark at the moon and Ultimate Sin wrote most of the stuff and got dicked over with royalties." & Badlands last Sunday Night with his Red Dragon Cartel
It was Awesome meeting them, his bass player Ronnie was hilarious reminded me of a real life Captain Jack Sparrow.

G
#1,257 · (Edited)
Give it a chance and a couple listens it grows on you. I agree I personally did not like vocals at first it goes over better live than recorded..
Love the guitar though.

It started out as an early Fathers day gift to my father with taking him to see them live and to meet them.

I grew up listening to Jake E Lee playing my Dad's records while he was at work..
And a Cadillac in the video

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.