Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you listening to?

170K views 1K replies 114 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Since music has popped up in a few threads here recently, I thought it would be interesting to have an ongoing thread about music and to also post what we're all listening to at any given time. I don't know about you guys but my music keeps me sane everyday and I listen when ever possible. I mainly listen to '60's-'70's. I also enjoy 50's music, select 80's, jazz and classical. Rock and roll and blues is my big thing.

This morning I was listening to The James Gang and Aerosmith.

"Funk #49" from James Gang Rides Again (1970). I love Joe Walsh and The James Gang, but I was never really a "big" Eagles guy for some reason.

A fairly "popular" song, it was actually made in 1973 when Walsh was with Barnstorm

==============

I'm always listening to Aerosmith. Aerosmith's first album (1973). Yes, Aerosmith made other songs besides I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Jaded and Pink. Aerosmith, Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks and Draw The Line are their best albums by far. Those were the real Aerosmith years.
"Movin' Out" was the first song Steven and Joe ever co-wrote. They were all just kids at the time of this album. It's amazing the talent that came out of these few decades.

"Somebody" is another one of my favorites on their first album, but all the songs are really excellent. I only envy those of you who were alive when beauties like these were being made.

See less See more
#1,188 ·
Everybody likes Accept. Naturally, the world was enthused with Astarte's cover, when that album came out.

The problem with this song is when the lyrics become a valid description of your life. Rather, it may not be a problem, depending on what type of life you lead.

Beg for Mercy, hail The Queen.

#1,193 ·
^You know, I hear that song a lot (And a minion actually made a fictitious trailer for "Nightingales: The Movie", which is what I kept referring to some television programme as, because it is clearly a blatant ripoff of a group known as the Nightingales and their culture...anyhow, the fictional trailer was featuring it)

But I must admit, if I had the ability to travel time, I would travel to the Dark Ages (naturally...in fact, I would go there, even if it meant never being allowed to return) and other select points in history and make a life of slaughtering Vikings wholesale. Naturally, I would excel at this task. We were bred for it, we've just run out of Vikings in the present era and have shifted focus onto other enemies (specifically in the early 1700's through to today)

Before my seemingly nonsensical rambling continues, I present...the one time I am (with great irony) not listening to Gaelic music about slaughtering Vikings;

#1,200 ·
Listening to Ronstadt on vinyl - where your brain and imagination form your movie screen.............. like a real book ........

Old album - Stone Poneys.

Newer album - Ronstadt, Harris, Parton. Trio

..... and the two "Greatest Hits" pressings on good Asylum pressings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.