Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you listening to?

170K views 1K replies 114 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Since music has popped up in a few threads here recently, I thought it would be interesting to have an ongoing thread about music and to also post what we're all listening to at any given time. I don't know about you guys but my music keeps me sane everyday and I listen when ever possible. I mainly listen to '60's-'70's. I also enjoy 50's music, select 80's, jazz and classical. Rock and roll and blues is my big thing.

This morning I was listening to The James Gang and Aerosmith.

"Funk #49" from James Gang Rides Again (1970). I love Joe Walsh and The James Gang, but I was never really a "big" Eagles guy for some reason.

A fairly "popular" song, it was actually made in 1973 when Walsh was with Barnstorm

==============

I'm always listening to Aerosmith. Aerosmith's first album (1973). Yes, Aerosmith made other songs besides I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Jaded and Pink. Aerosmith, Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks and Draw The Line are their best albums by far. Those were the real Aerosmith years.
"Movin' Out" was the first song Steven and Joe ever co-wrote. They were all just kids at the time of this album. It's amazing the talent that came out of these few decades.

"Somebody" is another one of my favorites on their first album, but all the songs are really excellent. I only envy those of you who were alive when beauties like these were being made.

See less See more
#600 ·
Hurroo! Hurroo!

I have to go see those guys in March, actually. Crazy Boston Pikeys.

Having visited all those great Celtic children up north, not to mention the roadtrips made with the same Scottish Lass who helped me deliver food for the Holidays, this band DID come into play.

This song sort of became a theme during the Holiday Turkey/Ham Run of 2012, as did a certain song by The Pogues, which I won't post, because I have learned it is one of those things about me (like my taste in cars, general fashion or every other detail of my life, that try hard to avoid posting about) which will inexplicably lock down any thread. In fact, there was even once a thread specifically because a Forum member heard the song at random and was so moved by his hatred for it, he had to share it.

#607 ·
I can't say how much I enjoy Sting's change in taste of music lately. It's like that time I introduced him to Guinness Draught...

If I posted every time I was listening to a rendition of The Star Of County Down...

You know, Rosie McCann is a real person. I've met her and she is indeed, the Star of County Down.

(No idea what's up with this video, but here's Sarah Moore's rendition)

And I will raise you some Capercaillie.

This song takes me back about Seven years top a story of an Irish girl in the desert.

#610 ·
Been dialing in my itunes..
Top plays

Creedance
the English Beat
The Cure remake of purple haze
George Harrison All things Must Pass Give me Love Give Me Peace on Earth
Cole Porter: Too Darned Hot
Gorillaz. feel Good Inc.
Chaka Khan Aint Nobody
Jefferson Airplane White Rabbit
Isley Bros. its your thing..

#611 ·
Went out earlier this evening with six of my friends to see these fine folks. (ended up meeting four more there).

After teaching the all of the local American girls how to dance, we eventually ended up at an IHOP, where some of the other concert-goers ended up, by pure happenstance. We ended up getting into a conversation with them, because "Tainted Love" came on the radio and they needed some serious backup singing the song. One of the individuals told me they came down from Saint Augustine and how he would much rather live in this area (We were in the tourist district of Kissimmee at the time) and when I told him I strongly preferred Saint Augustine, he mentioned working at a Pub there. this greatly narrowed it down and since there is only one Irish (took a guess it was Irish) Pub in Saint Augustine worth mentioning, I asked if he worked with Rolli and Reggie (Two associates of mine from my first trip there two years back...ahh, to be young again) at Meehan's. Anyhow, long story short, I now know even more of the Pub Culture up that way, which is good, because I will have an upcoming meet there with my Hearse Family this April.

#615 ·
Not bad for some Brits. Even if that is a maypole (*HISSSSSSS*)

It is what I am listening to, though (as being played because of a Scottish friend not in touch with her roots enough, due to being a city girl).

I saw them live once. They opened up with "South Australia".

Then they took a moment to speak and as soon as they explained they were from London, the crowd's enthusiasm faded quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.