Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you listening to?

170K views 1K replies 114 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Since music has popped up in a few threads here recently, I thought it would be interesting to have an ongoing thread about music and to also post what we're all listening to at any given time. I don't know about you guys but my music keeps me sane everyday and I listen when ever possible. I mainly listen to '60's-'70's. I also enjoy 50's music, select 80's, jazz and classical. Rock and roll and blues is my big thing.

This morning I was listening to The James Gang and Aerosmith.

"Funk #49" from James Gang Rides Again (1970). I love Joe Walsh and The James Gang, but I was never really a "big" Eagles guy for some reason.

A fairly "popular" song, it was actually made in 1973 when Walsh was with Barnstorm

==============

I'm always listening to Aerosmith. Aerosmith's first album (1973). Yes, Aerosmith made other songs besides I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Jaded and Pink. Aerosmith, Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks and Draw The Line are their best albums by far. Those were the real Aerosmith years.
"Movin' Out" was the first song Steven and Joe ever co-wrote. They were all just kids at the time of this album. It's amazing the talent that came out of these few decades.

"Somebody" is another one of my favorites on their first album, but all the songs are really excellent. I only envy those of you who were alive when beauties like these were being made.

See less See more
#351 ·
Listening to - the tech from B&B Heating and Cooling working on the oil burner (furnace is a "fossil fuel kit" for the heat pump). Normal fall service call, hurricane and all. The heat pump does not use electricity for backup heat or defrost: there's a 550 gallon tank in the ground and when the outside temp goes below 25F the heat pump shuts down and shifts to oil heat. I fill it every summer, using diesel oil or #2 fuel bought on the spot market.

#354 ·
This ones for Chamus!
The lyrics are a hoot!:alchi:
They sing this at all of their concerts and invite the entire female population onstage to sing with them. basically all of my friends have joined them for it.

Likewise, when they sing Skinhead on the MBTA, which signifies the end of the concert, the entire crowd is invited to come onstage and sing. I have never once attended their concerts without making it onstage to sing.

If you go onto the Facebook or Myspace pages of the actual band members, you can find a series of photos of my car. I decked the Cadillac out for one of their local concerts one time and their Limo stopped and snapped some photos. I was rather upset next year to miss their "Going Out In Style" tour, which was for an album that was entirely funeral-themed, because it never made it to a local venue. Even the album cover is an entirely valid representation of my life.

Big band up North. nowhere near the biggest, but among the more mainstream Irish rock bands you would expect to be known across the country, right up there with Flogging Molly. The two bands have one time in history performed onstage together, which is still whispered of and regarded as legend among their fans. Naturally, this concert happened in a small Pennsylvania venue, as that was the best location in this country for it. All the Molly Maguires. If anyone can't understand the reasoning behind this location, they should take a closer look at the still image on Dave's embedded video. That's not just any random Octagon.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...px-Keystone_state_symbol_Pennsylvania.svg.png

#357 ·
Dave's style > Sting's style.

The Album cover of Sting's is interesting though. I am like, 100% certain that the one right to the left of the hooded guy is one of my sisters.

Too bad you waited so long to tell me Dave, I'd have given you a copy for free. I had several, because I kept receiving them with various things (Purchased the album, then received additional copies with other bundles, such as the vinyl version or promotional T-Shirts) but already gave them out to the aforementioned Sisters and extended family.

Also, this is what I am listening to tonight.

I wish all genres of music could be this pure and sincere.

#359 ·
You consistently post some of the very best music of my youth.:thumbsup: I have to ask, who influenced or how was your taste in music formed?

As an aside, if you like synth-classical like the 5th of Beethoven, have you checked out the movie soundtrack from A Clockwork Orange? If not do so. I think you would approve!

#371 ·
The other night, this came on the radio in that "TGI Friday's" place... It was Halloween (Technically the day after, as midnight had long since gone by, but we've been celebrating all October and will continue nightly partying and shenanigans until the final day of November), there was a pile of Hearses, Rat Rods and Muscle Cars outside and it was also a Lesser Minion's birthday. I was very shocked that I knew the words. Still not sure how or why I know them. Still, good times all the same.

...And now it is going to bug the hell out of me again.

Anyhow, there is a long travel ahead, sleep is an unnecessary evolutionary defense mechanism no longer relevant to day-to-day human survival, idle hands to The Devil's work and I certainly do not belong here.

Wheels polished, keys in hand.

Time to get The Hell out of dodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.