Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you listening to?

170K views 1K replies 114 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
Since music has popped up in a few threads here recently, I thought it would be interesting to have an ongoing thread about music and to also post what we're all listening to at any given time. I don't know about you guys but my music keeps me sane everyday and I listen when ever possible. I mainly listen to '60's-'70's. I also enjoy 50's music, select 80's, jazz and classical. Rock and roll and blues is my big thing.

This morning I was listening to The James Gang and Aerosmith.

"Funk #49" from James Gang Rides Again (1970). I love Joe Walsh and The James Gang, but I was never really a "big" Eagles guy for some reason.

A fairly "popular" song, it was actually made in 1973 when Walsh was with Barnstorm

==============

I'm always listening to Aerosmith. Aerosmith's first album (1973). Yes, Aerosmith made other songs besides I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Jaded and Pink. Aerosmith, Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks and Draw The Line are their best albums by far. Those were the real Aerosmith years.
"Movin' Out" was the first song Steven and Joe ever co-wrote. They were all just kids at the time of this album. It's amazing the talent that came out of these few decades.

"Somebody" is another one of my favorites on their first album, but all the songs are really excellent. I only envy those of you who were alive when beauties like these were being made.

See less See more
#315 ·
Cover of the Rolling Stone. Wow, going back to 8th grade for me on that one. Great old tune.

You Ought To Know...wow again...wasn't that written about Dave Coulier (Full House) breaking up with her? (Shame on you Joey Gladstone:tisk:)

Stingroo, after you posted the Gaelic Storm song the other night I kept clicking through about six others of theirs. Really enjoyed them until I got to this one.

This one I loved!:thumbsup:

I couldn't help but think of this.

It reminded me of my only weakness more powerful than 70's Cadillacs!:shhh:

#327 ·
And now both of the above songs are my ringtones for you and Matt.

Hmmm...What should I give the rest of the Forum (Seriously, too many of you have my phone number)

Presently, at random of a list of roughly 6,000 songs, this is blaring from my house and sounds wonderful bouncing off other peoples' houses.

And with that, I am twelve years ago, on a rainy April morning, clad in kilt, boot and warpaint, preparing my troops for a rapidly approaching battle against the Vikings.

Ahh, how I miss my homeland...

#329 ·
Odd. Never heard that song before today. It came on the radio though, while driving my Brother's car home from his dropping him off at his place of employment, the ever-nostalgic Root of All Evil and now Matt goes and posts it.

Of my many brothers, this one owns a car, but has only a learner's permit and has had it since...I don't know...a week after I got mine...and zero driving capability or interest to learn. I rather dislike his car and often utilize my own for such errands.

#334 ·
To be totally honest, I am thoroughly tired of the monotony of "Celtic" anything! Granted with a name that is Irish as "Paddie's pig" (albeit the Scottish rendition) an occasional lilt of a Gaelic lass is not unwelcome. But after the rhythmic overkill of "Riverdance" which lasted almost a decade and now the "Celtic" everything singing groups taking up way too much time on Public Broadcasting I have grown, I say enough is enough. The penny whistle, fiddle and bagpipe (and its' diminutive Irish cousins) have come to stand for nostalgia plain and boring!

While I fancy the looks of Celtic women, I married and stayed married to one for over 40 years, I have been known to admire other iterations of the world's womanhood.

I hope this period of limited sound and rhythm from our Celtic past will soon run its' course .... along with many of the other forms of monotonous ethnic music. Thank God kletchmer music of the stettle hasn't really caught on yet, of the discordant riffs of Ethiopian cacophony!

#335 ·
That's just Plastic Paddyism. Riverdance never caught on in Europe. Why? Because Europeans know that's not how men are supposed to dance. That variety of dancing goes back aeons and was entirely a feminine art. "Lord Of The Dance" my arse. Michael "Flatley" is about as Irish as Peanut-Butter-And-Jelly sandwiches.

While I like Irish music (Mostly because Gaelic is infinitely more beautiful than English and definitely easier to relate to/understand) I refuse to call that "Irish" anything. Knew a blonde girl (With red dyed hair) with blue eyes and basically every traditional Nordic detail with a Norse Mother and Swedish Father. Plastic Paddy in every way. She felt there was severe legitimacy in this nonsense. I honestly found it rather unbearable to be around her, as it was like half of what she said was a literal, yet unintentional insult to my heritage. Sadly, she was sort of a lifelong best friend.room mate of a dear friend of mine. See why I don't believe in living with people? (Making the exception to spouses/fiances/whatever else)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.