Do you still use CDs? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Do you still use CDs? in General Discussion; With a name like "Luke" I wouldn't be insinuating that you were Jewish! Heaven forbid!...
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Do you still use CDs?

With a name like "Luke" I wouldn't be insinuating that you were Jewish! Heaven forbid!

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Well, yeah. I mean the other part Hahaha I thought of that joke and just absolutely had to post it

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    With a name like "Luke" I wouldn't be insinuating that you were Jewish! Heaven forbid!
    I would've thought it was Nabooise...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by KNCadillac8898 View Post
    Do you get tested regularly for your job Jim?
    I do.

I don't do drugs and I also don't drink if I'm within 8 hours of a job. Since I started so late this morning(up at 6:30AM for an 8:15AM pick up), I got to enjoy a couple special $3.99 margaritas at the 99 last night...

slc
    slc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Oh I am sooo late to respond here. But over the last two years I have learned a great deal about music storage and portability.

First, do I use CD's?? A big Yes. But most of the time I will now rip them to my digital collection where they will be saved to SD micro discs in the various collections.

Now I will keep a few CD discs that were made up in the changers and they are standby music for when I want to hear something special.

Very recently, July of 2014, I have installed an Aux Jack and some relays that allows me to use the CD changer or the Aux Jack.

The Aux Jack opened NEW HORIZONS of music availability. Ok, so after I installed the Aux Jack I had to test it, so I grabbed my Sony Mini Disc player and plugged her in. OH MY GOSH. The sound that came out of that ETC's BOSE unit was beyond belief. The sound was so good, you could hear the echo inside the studio while the song was recorded.
    Next test, I took my tablet with the SD Micro Memory card and about 150 songs on it. The songs are in WMA format because you won't lose much when recording to the computer like you will with MP3 style. Again, the sound quality is just great. And with the SD Micro Discs, you can get this card, the size of a credit card and it holds 8 SD Micro Discs, so you can carry various types of music with you conveniently without losing the SD MICRO DISCS. Now you know there had to be a way to store those little SD discs and this is one that is convenient. ( I do not work nor am I paid for endorsement of this product, just giving a heads up. ).
    As has happened in the past, the music media continues to change and evolve. CD's are not dead and won't be for some time but the media types are growing, getting smaller and holds much much more of your choice of music, books or meeting recordings.

98 Eldorardo ETC

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Holy shit. Mini Disc?

I had a Mini Disc player in high school, briefly. I found it in my grandfather's stash of "things he didn't know how to use."

What a silly and cumbersome format that was.

Did I mention I buy all my CDs from Amazon where a digital download is included for free. All ripped to my phone...

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Did I mention I buy all my CDs from Amazon where a digital download is included for free. All ripped to my phone...
    If that was a rhetorical question, are you aware of the rule against multiple posting? If it wasn't a rhetorical question, try this:

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

I have some CDs in the bank. They don't pay much interest but I've got quick access to my money with no penalty.
    Stingroo and Hoosier Daddy like this.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Thought Koz was gonna talk about his trip to SF...

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    I was doing my daily search for Pioneer Elite products that I could repair.

I found a Pioneer Elite Pd-93. A 1990 CD player for the home. I clicked on watch cus I was curious on how much it would go for.

A few days has passed and I opened my eBay watch list to find it at $727.00 with 1 day and 10 hours left. It's still on there, and I keep rubbing my eyes to make sure I'm seeing the price correctly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221485378105

KOT

delerium75 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 STS, 1992 Fleetwood, 1987 Maxima wagon

@KOT...it's weird how some older stereo equipment can hold its value. My dad had a Pioneer SX-727 receiver when I was a kid and those are still going for a couple hundred bucks in good order, almost 40 years later. Marantz 1810 tape deck can be bought dirt cheap and A/R speakers (I don't remember if they were AR-2ax or 3ax) are a couple hundred if they're complete and working. It was a very nice sounding set up (far better than my 80s JVC boom boxes!) until my folks replaced it in '91 or '92 with a higher end Kenwood bookshelf system, which coincidentally, I'll be getting back from my brother tomorrow.

I still use CDs in the Fleetwood and STS. The Fleetwood came with a Bose cassette player and I had picked up a Bose Gold CD player for the STS a couple years prior. The Fleetwood speakers were mainly working (the STS's were all DOA until a month or two ago) so I got the CD player and one non-working speaker repaired and popped it in the Fleetwood instead. Which is a decent sounding stereo for 22 years old. There's no apparent missing frequency ranges unlike some newer Bose systems. But I've looked into getting an aux jack installed and decided against it. Other option is some FM modulated jack akin to the older FM modulated CD changers. But I'm not sold on the sound quality of that either. So burned CDs it is.

STS_Seville_Hunter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 ETC, 91 STS, 98 Eldo Convertable, '93 Seville
    The stock early Bose CD player and do burned CDs?

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!

I have Johnny Cash Greatest Hits on 8 track AND the correct 8 Track head unit for a 1975 Cadillac new in the box.

I am so ready to find my 1975 Mandarin over Orange Plaid CDV.
    talismandave likes this.

delerium75 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 STS, 1992 Fleetwood, 1987 Maxima wagon

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Seville_Hunter View Post
    The stock early Bose CD player and do burned CDs?
    It's picky about what burning program and brand of CD I use. And it isn't fond of playing them in cold weather. I don't know if the shop that repaired it did the laser only or if they replaced the whole player unit...I was just happy to listen to my own music instead of crappy radio stations.

aaron4235 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe
    Nobody uses cds. Buy an ipod

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.