Thank you neighbor - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Thank you neighbor in General Discussion; Wow, that Vigor is in really nice condition. I've seen them around from time to time, not very common though....
    Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Re: Thank you neighbor

Wow, that Vigor is in really nice condition. I've seen them around from time to time, not very common though.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Body work is done, just needs to be painted. Since they're going to be blending anyway, I may have them take care of a ding on the trunk lid, two tiny ones on the rear door, and a tiny nick on the drivers door molding.

The first two pics are the new ones. cadillacforums wouldn't accept the image urls for some reason?

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/...current=14.jpg

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

Vigors are good looking cars. Very nice, dude. I hope it gets all spruced back up.

DouglasJRizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 hearse, 1976 hearse

Ahh neighbors. When I first moved back into my parents house, "Elizabeth," my all white '75 Superior Sideloader was in the driveway while I cleaned out the garage. The town inspector, cops, and zoning officer all descended on my house that afternoon! I was told how I was "frightening the children", harboring an "abandoned vehicle" (even though it was plated, registered and insured) and parking a commercial vehicle in a residential zone (no commercial or funeral plates on it though).

My attorney sent them scurrying away (still cost me $500 bucks but worth it) and now when the offending neighbor looks for a halloween prop, I send her elsewhere.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

See, you're lucky. I park my Superior in the driveway (I have a very adequately sized driveway) and have had two people in the past (Or the same person twice) pull into my driveway and smash the entire driver's side rear quarter in.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    The other day Kevin "Mayhem" Mayhew called me (That IS forever his name now) and I was expecting a call and when an unknown number rang in, tried answering it without an accent at all. I'm not sure what he thought when my accent gradually changed as I realized who was calling and why.

----------

Three Merry Men.
    ray had told me you had a heavy accent, so why you picked up the phone and you did not have a heavy accent, I was like WTF Ray, he's not that hard to understand. You also seemed a bit pissed or confused (I'm not sure which) when I called because you thought I was someone else.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Actually, Chamus, his new name is Sir Mayhew of Kenvisfordshire Keep.

But, yeah.

Sir Kevin of Mayhem in Kevinfordshire Keep? Is that near Llanfairpwllgwyngyll?

Also, that photo needs more Challenger. Get on that Matt.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    ray had told me you had a heavy accent, so why you picked up the phone and you did not have a heavy accent, I was like WTF Ray, he's not that hard to understand. You also seemed a bit pissed or confused (I'm not sure which) when I called because you thought I was someone else.
    While I am used to unknown numbers, I rarely get them on that line. When I do, I have learned to wade in lightly. Then I spent fifteen minutes wondering "Where did he even GET that number?"

I don't see myself as hard to understand, but sometimes I try really hard to water it down (Still can't pass for Floridian) It's a dense accent and my unusual vocabulary probably makes it a tad difficult at time, but I believe people can usually understand me...I think. When all else fails, speak with your mouth and hands at once.

By the by Kevin, PM/text/Facebook me your mailing address. I don't really see any reason in charging you for that distribution panel, because I'm certainly not using it anyhow, so I can send it when I get the chance.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

The Irish are still way easier than the Highlanders to understand. Scots are BY FAR the worst butcher of the English language. Well except maybe for the Gullah.

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    The Irish are still way easier than the Highlanders to understand. Scots are BY FAR the worst butcher of the English language. Well except maybe for the Gullah.
    Learned English from a Scottish woman. Never had a problem understanding them

A key point is learning the dialect, the way words are used and the slang. Because it can vary so much from one place to another, even if you understood the word, the sentence may have meant nothing to you. I recall having to translate Sting's friend for him on The Face Books.

DouglasJRizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 hearse, 1976 hearse

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    See, you're lucky. I park my Superior in the driveway (I have a very adequately sized driveway) and have had two people in the past (Or the same person twice) pull into my driveway and smash the entire driver's side rear quarter in.
    OUCH!
    Thankfully no one has done that.

Yeah, well when it's not that it has always been vandalism and burglary of a a conveyance caused by shall we say "disagreements" with a select group of locals.

Still missing hearse-specific trim.

Got the car back today, looks fantastic!

19.jpg

The site wont accept the other 4 image urls, but take a look here:

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/...cabbage/Vigor/

The first 5 pics are after the repairs. All the lines are PERFECT, ZERO flaws in the paint. I had their paintless dent removal guy take care of a few dings in the rear door and trailing edge of the trunk lid, and his work is PHENOMENAL! There's not a trace they were ever there. Car was washed, waxed, tires shined and interior vacuumed before I got there.

I've used this shop more than a hand full of times over the past 5 or so years or so, recommend them to everyone, and they've NEVER disappointed......and I'm PICKY. I know there aren't many of us here from Mass, But for whoever's interested, the shop is 1st Class Auto Body on Condor street in East Boston.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Glad you got your ride fixed. I unfortunately know the wrecked car feeling, but I also know the "Oh boy I just got it back from the shop and they did a great job and I'm so glad to have my car back" feeling You must be a tall dude! Your driver seat looks like it's in the same position as mine

I've had too many cars wrecked by careless people, most never got fixed. Not because they were badly damaged, but because I happen to like older vehicles better, and even though they were immaculate, they weren't worth enough to the insurance company. I'm glad this one made it.

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24
    You must be a tall dude! Your driver seat looks like it's in the same position as mine
    I'm 6' even, mostly torso. My head's about 1/4" from the ceiling in the Acura

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.