Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Name the show.

55K views 437 replies 34 participants last post by  talismandave 
#1 ·
We're all car enthusiasts, so the cars in TV shows and movies tend to stand out to us. Sometimes the cars made the show, sometimes the show made the car. Either way, let's see who has a sharp eye and keen memory.

Whoever correctly identifies the show or movie the car is from should post up a new car to be identified.

We'll start off with a somewhat tough one.

See less See more
#7 ·
We'll start off with a somewhat tough one.

You call that tough? :rofl:

As a child of the Seventies, I grew up watching the Rockford Files and his heroic Firebird. There's a whole YouTube channel with 30 videos so far of some of his car chases, although I could do without the goofy editing to replay his signature J turn several times in the middle of a chase.

----------

----------

As a little bit of trivia on Rockford's Firebird: The license plate 853 OKG stands for August of 1953, which was when he got his first acting job. OK is for his home state of Oklahoma and the G is for Garner. He personally chose the Firebird because it had good handling and did a good deal of his own stunt driving (James Garner was also the pace car driver at multiple Indy 500s).

#10 ·
1955 Pontiac Star Chief convertible from "I love Lucy." Notice the wire wheels. Don't know if they were real or hub caps, I think they were real because I don't remember seeing the hubcap falsies until the seventies. In 1957 the Bonneville replaced the Star Chief as the top of the Pontiac lineup. In 1957 the Bonneville could be had with "fuel injection."

#11 · (Edited)
Very nice, Orconn! This was one of the first instances of product placement on TV. GM paid the production costs of shooting on location with the Pontiac in exchange for the exposure on the #1 show on TV.

Here's the Pontiac in action (along with the old clunker Cadillac Fred Mertz bought) in Lucy Learns to Drive:

When Lucy tells Ethel she should learn to drive, too so she's not "so much dead weight," Ethel has one of her classic snarky comebacks: "Well maybe I'll develop other talents like folding up road maps and keeping an eye open for clean restrooms." I love Vivian Vance.

#20 ·
#16 · (Edited)
The driveway and fence give it away, 1972 (?) Chev Impala from "The Brady Bunch."
Ding, ding, ding! WE have a winner. Mike Brady always drove a convertible, and when Chrysler stopped building them after 1971 (he had a Barracuda then), he switched to Chevrolet. Had a Caprice in 73 and 74. The 74 Caprice got some good air time in a driving competition between Greg and Marcia:

And Bobby put an umbrella through the roof of the Impala.

#21 · (Edited)
My watching of network television shows became very infrequent by the mid to late seventies, but I venture a quess that the BMW was featured in "Miami Vice," although I primarily associate that show with that fake Ferrari that was on the show. I am quessing the Bimmer 6 coupe was on some show that took place in Florida since the car doesn't have a front license plate and there is a palm tree in the background.

I am thinking Robert Wagner drove that big Merc coupe in something, or may it is that I saw him driving one in real life!

#22 ·
The only thing I ever saw Robert Wagner drive was either a Corniche or a MB SL on "Hart to Hart"... Although in one of the "Hart to Hart" movies (which were terrible, BTW), he had a 4th Gen STS...

#24 ·
He did (a 560, actually not a 380)...but that's not it...

#26 ·
They had several Hart to Hart TV movies in the early/mid '90s. They were SO bad...actually the show itself was really bad when I tried watching them again in the '90s. I loved it as a kid in the late '70s...

----------

Where is Dulude? I want to know if I'm right......

#28 ·
Right click the picture and select copy image location or whatever it's called.

Then click the image button in the quick reply window. Make sure it's set on "from URL" then paste the image location in the field.

#29 ·
I don't know what show that Merc SEC was in or who drove it, but I do know that the picture above was taken at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center on Riverside Drive in Burbank .... spent many, many hours there in the late eighties and most of the nineties!

#30 ·
Very probably so...but that doesn't mean LA was where the show was set......

#33 ·
Where the hell are Jesda and Chad in this thread?...

The red Saab 900 is being piloted by one of my personal favorite actors, Paul Giamatti in "Sideways".

The Olds Ciera is from "Fargo" and was driven by both Peter Stormare and Steve Buscemi if I'm not mistaken.

#35 ·
I've never seen Fargo, but it seems like a depressing enough movie to where someone in it would be driving a Cutlass Ciera...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.