Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Name the show.

55K views 437 replies 34 participants last post by  talismandave 
#1 ·
We're all car enthusiasts, so the cars in TV shows and movies tend to stand out to us. Sometimes the cars made the show, sometimes the show made the car. Either way, let's see who has a sharp eye and keen memory.

Whoever correctly identifies the show or movie the car is from should post up a new car to be identified.

We'll start off with a somewhat tough one.

See less See more
#37 ·
The BMW 7-Series belongs to Dr. Frasier Crane.

Correct on the Saab and the Cutlass Ciera. **Spoiler Alert** Steve Buscemi gets fed into a wood chipper in an argument over who gets the Olds. :lol:

----------

I thought that too, at first, but Austin said TV and movies.

#38 ·
I think that's an E39 5-series...

What about the 6 you posted? Is it Cybill's?

You've got to get my SEC posting...

#40 ·
Yes, the 6-Series is Cybill Shepherd's from Moonlighting. Honestly, I'm having trouble with the SEC. On Dallas, JR drove a 300SD for several years. LA Law maybe? (never watched that show).

The Plymouth Duster Aaron posted was Ed Bundy's ride in Married with Children. "Just two more payments, and this baby is mine!"

#41 ·
Oh...SO close......let's just say it's a wonder the SEC never got wrecked........

#88 ·
Guess we don't have any answers on this one. The car is a Lamborghini P400 Miura from the first "Italian Job" movie. It was driven by Romano Brassi. The opening sequence of the movie shows this wonderful car being driven up some switchbacks in the Italian Alps. One of the great driving scenes in the movies. If you haven't seen the original "Italian Job" with Michael Caine and an all star caste of both actors and sixties cars, I strongly recommend it.

#49 ·
LOL, Or -- I was going to say the same thing...

#53 · (Edited)
Don't tell me it was in "77 Sunset Strip" and "Kookie" drove it? To be honest I never saw the show, but I did have lunch with the actor who played "Cookie" once upon a time!

----------

That movie Fargo was set in Minneapolis in 1987. The Olds dealership in the movie was an actual dealership, Wally McCarthy Oldsmobile, Bloomington MN, but it was torn down probably four years after the movie came out. The Cohen brothers did a hell of a job making that dealer seem 1987 accurate (it was made in 1996) by filling the showroom with all sorts of period correct and mint conditions Cutlass Cieras, Cutlass Supremes (G Body, not the W-bodies), Eighty Eights and a few Ninety Eights.

BTW, it's a TERRIBLY depressing movie. Won a lot of awards, but I don't understand it, and I love the Cohen brothers work.
I remember when "Fargo" was getting all those great reviews and everyone in the industry was talking about it. It did bring the Northern Midwest accent to the attention of the rest of the country. I saw it, and while the acting was excellent, the story was so depressing I only saw it once.

#52 ·
That movie Fargo was set in Minneapolis in 1987. The Olds dealership in the movie was an actual dealership, Wally McCarthy Oldsmobile, Bloomington MN, but it was torn down probably four years after the movie came out. The Cohen brothers did a hell of a job making that dealer seem 1987 accurate (it was made in 1996) by filling the showroom with all sorts of period correct and mint conditions Cutlass Cieras, Cutlass Supremes (G Body, not the W-bodies), Eighty Eights and a few Ninety Eights.

BTW, it's a TERRIBLY depressing movie. Won a lot of awards, but I don't understand it, and I love the Cohen brothers work.

#54 ·

#56 ·

#59 ·
Lol, the first one is from Breakdown, '72 Fleetwood driven by the fat *******, what was his name....Al? I used to watch that movie a lot when I was a kid.

I guess I'll reveal the other two I posted. The Park Ave Ultra was driven by Fox Mulder in the X-Files and the Corvette was Sam's on Cheers.

Here's one, from a show. Still currently on. Might be an easy one.

#63 ·
Gary....

The Seven Ups...

#64 ·
The Seven Ups...
One of my top 5 car chases (Bullitt will always be #1).

The Charger in Bullitt and the Grand Ville in The Seven Ups were both driven by Bill Hickman, probably the greatest stunt driver of all time. He also drove that poor Le Mans that gets beat to hell in The French Connection. I love how the other henchman is practically peeing his pants while Hickman cooly whips that ginormous Pontiac through New York. It's like flying a battleship:

Hickman helped coordinate both car chases, which is why there's a similarity between the two, particularly the shotgun scene. And Hickman came up with the dramatic ending in The Seven Ups.

Hickman did a little bit of acting, too. I love that "Oh, shit!" look in his eyes when he sees Steve McQueen's Mustang in his rear view mirror.

#65 ·
That scene really makes me want an early Grand Ville...

#67 ·
Oconn, they're both Quentin Tarantino movies.

----------

The license plates give this one away.

#69 ·

#70 ·
No, Chad, neither of the two are Tarentino movies. One is the original of a film remade acouple of years ago. Both it and the remake were made in Italy. The original was far superior to the remake. Both involved Mini Coopers.

The Jaguar was the car driven by the star and title character of this TV series.

#74 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.