Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Name the show.

55K views 437 replies 34 participants last post by  talismandave 
#1 ·
We're all car enthusiasts, so the cars in TV shows and movies tend to stand out to us. Sometimes the cars made the show, sometimes the show made the car. Either way, let's see who has a sharp eye and keen memory.

Whoever correctly identifies the show or movie the car is from should post up a new car to be identified.

We'll start off with a somewhat tough one.

See less See more
#227 ·
Coupe deVille from What's Up Doc? Driven by the random guy whom the man after the government files recruits to join the chase. There's also a Fleetwood 75 involved in the chase. Funny I just watched that movie a couple weeks ago.

Also the pics I previously posted, the first one was Jack Nicholson's 1994(?) Roadmaster in the Departed which someone guessed, and the second was a '73 Fleetwood that takes Henry Hill to jail in Goodfellas.

Here's one from a movie

#233 ·
Coupe deVille from What's Up Doc? Driven by the random guy whom the man after the government files recruits to join the chase. There's also a Fleetwood 75 involved in the chase. Funny I just watched that movie a couple weeks ago
What's Up, Doc? is my all-time favorite movie, and after Bullitt, this is probably my second favorite car chase.

Can't seem to find the full chase in one file, but he's the first part with the hilarious gag of all three cars crashing into the VW Bus:

This has highlights from the whole movie, which includes the rather unfortunate fate of that gorgeous DeVille. But it does go out with a bang (and a blast of the trumpet horn):

----------

After Eleanor in Gone in 60 Seconds, I think this poor little Valiant take the biggest beating in a car chase:

#228 ·
Michael Douglas' W140 CL500 from "A Perfect Murder"...

#231 ·
I love the car, and I love the movie -- so it was a natural :)

Reactions: KNCadillac8898
#236 ·
Correct on both counts. I wish I could find a Cannon car chase on YouTube.

----------

I love that movie too. The guy with the Coupe de Ville had no problem joining in on the chase lol.
Yeah, it was pretty impressive to see him whip that big DeVille around. Who would have thought you could do a four-wheel drift in a '69 Cadillac?

The wheel hop when he's driving away from that bashed in VW bus is a testament to the torque of that 472 V8.

My favorite line from the court scene "I want my bike back!"... "I'll give you your bike back, I'll give you a broken back."
The judge was hilarious. "You made me smash my Lifesavers." And Madeline Kahn steals every scene she's in. "I am not a Eunice Burns, I am the Eunice Burns!"

----------

The Valiant in Spielberg's Duel also takes a hell of a beating.
True. Especially at the end. I'm pretty sure the Valiant was a deliberate choice, given what it endured.

#237 · (Edited)
Lol. She was hilarious. The morning after the fire in the hotel when the guy stealing the files wakes up to her screaming from the other room makes me laugh every time. Like the catastrophy the other night wasn't enough. Oh and yes, that Coupe is beastly. I was sad to see it get destroyed but it was a really funny chase. The guy's VW bus had no chance.

Duel was one of my favorite movies to watch while I was growing up. The car they picked was perfect, and I love how the bright orange color is so conspicuous.

#239 ·
Another early '70s era classic. Sad ending to an otherwise interesting movie.

#253 ·
Vanishing Point. It's actually a '67 Camaro and not a Challenger that plows into the bulldozers.
You got my curiosity up. I played it back a few times. It actually looks like a '69 Camaro to me.

I don't understand now why I thought that movie was so cool when it came out. :hmm:

edit: you are right. It's a '67
http://www.angelfire.com/id/newssection/VP.html

#241 ·
gdwriter said:
Vanishing Point. It's actually a '67 Camaro and not a Challenger that plows into the bulldozers.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHbFOt9n_cc

----------
Oh come on! There wasn't even a car in Chad's picture ... And you got it!

Put Hoover on - he needs to get you away from the tv more often. Maybe we should buy a collar & chain for Pepper and let her drag you around too.

#257 ·
Someone mentioned "Cannon." He had a new Mark IV every year of filming save for the last, 1976 where he had a Mark for half the season before replacing it with a gorgeous Bordeaux 76 Thunderbird. There were few chase scenes on Cannon, but the ones that were there were quite memorable - something about that big block Ford torque - well, that and nearly 3 tons of weight not including Mr. Conrad who was no lightweight himself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.