Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Name the show.

55K views 437 replies 34 participants last post by  talismandave 
#1 ·
We're all car enthusiasts, so the cars in TV shows and movies tend to stand out to us. Sometimes the cars made the show, sometimes the show made the car. Either way, let's see who has a sharp eye and keen memory.

Whoever correctly identifies the show or movie the car is from should post up a new car to be identified.

We'll start off with a somewhat tough one.

See less See more
#172 ·
I think we had Piggly Wiggly up here in MN, but it would have been discontinued long before I was born.

Red Owl was big up here, but I think most of those were bought out in 1989 by Supervalu.

#180 ·
Piggly Wiggly is not too uncommon, but I couldn't tell you where one is. I know of one in South Carolina... Winn Dixie is mostly defunct, as most of them have gone out of business. The Local one had a total profit of negative $43K it's last year open, but actually stayed open for another eight months thereafter. Publix is particularly common, which has now spread to other southern states, I think as north as South Carolina (Which is a VERY ******* state, I cite Spartanburg as evidence) and I think they may have stores as far west as Tennessee. It is an interesting place to work, because of the various unusual company policies, but they always gave a lot of employee benefits, very similar to Disney, so in hindsight, I could have done worse than I did working at either of these two employers at some point in my life. Another one, which is new and still growing is Sweet Bay, which is actually all around the country, but in other areas, they are called Food Lion. I miss up North, where we did not have a super market. Instead, I had a butcher shoppe, bakery, deli, etc and they were all independent from one another.

#184 ·
I don't know what the wagon model is w/o a better picture, but it was from "Airport" ;-)

----------

Dean Martin also pulled up for his flight in an awesome Riviera....can't find a pic...

I love "Airport"...

#187 ·
Dean Martin also pulled up for his flight in an awesome Riviera....can't find a pic...

I love "Airport"...
Mike, you ignorant slut! Capt. Demerest drove a Toronado:

Joe Patroni drove a Buick Wildcat (this was specified in the book, too):

Although this was by far the coolest vehicle in the movie:

Although Airport took place in Chicago, the movie was filmed at MSP. The sawtooth roof in the main terminal is about the only part that's still recognizable 40 years later.

The blue Eldorado is from The Terminator:

Considering what slow, fat pigs those Eldorados were by that point, it's surprising how many end up in car chases.

#185 ·

#188 ·
Oh well, I thought it was a Riv...it's been a few years since I've seen it. I didn't notice Patroni's Wildcat...

#189 ·
That burnout scene made me want one of those Eldos so bad. I tried to do the same thing in a '78 Toronado, with great success! :cool2:

Mike Hueter had better know this car....

Lots of great cars from this movie....

This one was good too...

"It's 30 minutes away. I'll be there in 10."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.