Bringing Home A Monster ó Momís 2011 Infiniti QX56 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Bringing Home A Monster ó Momís 2011 Infiniti QX56 in General Discussion; BMW needs to make an X7....the X5 is ridiculously small for how much it costs.......
    hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Re: Bringing Home A Monster ó Momís 2011 Infiniti QX56

BMW needs to make an X7....the X5 is ridiculously small for how much it costs....
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

If you read my comparison between the QX and GL, you'd see this observation I made:

Freakishly similar.

The grey paint masks the bulbous shape a little bit. The interior is awesome and there's enough technology to launch a space shuttle. And it was dirt cheap at $61k. At the $67k sticker price the GL450 becomes a contender despite being small and dated.

Competitors with equivalent options:
    X5 V8: $73k
    GL450: $68k
    Escalade AWD: $72k+

The QX has the best powertrain, features, and highest build quality of anything out there, and there's no question about what its role is -- it isn't a truck pretending to be a sedan pretending to be a stationwagon pretending to be a jet ski. It's an unapologetically enormous luxury lounge on wheels. Infiniti would sell a boatload of them if they weren't so damn ugly. Perched from the throne of her monster truck, I don't think she cares (but I do).

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    With the Crosstour, well, I don't exactly enjoy it's looks but am not particularly offended by them either.
    At least its not an Acura ZDX, which manages to combine high cost with low functionality.
    77CDV and 77CDV like this.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

There is a definite resemblance similarity between the front of that bus and the Infiniti. For a finishing touch, your Mom's SUV could use a pair of chrome trumpet horns mounted on the roof. Some of those orange running lights up there would be a nice touch! You think she'd go for a "Jesda" tattoo somewhere where it would show!

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Sorry, not seeing it.

May have to add the QX56 to the "obscure things I like (but only in certain colors)" list.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    Sorry, not seeing it.

May have to add the QX56 to the "obscure things I like (but only in certain colors)" list.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    There is a definite resemblance similarity between the front of that bus and the Infiniti. For a finishing touch, your Mom's SUV could use a pair of chrome trumpet horns mounted on the roof. Some of those orange running lights up there would be a nice touch! You think she'd go for a "Jesda" tattoo somewhere where it would show!
    If GM still made the H2, she'd be driving one today.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

I've sat in a QX56. Damn nice place to sit. I mean really damn nice. Blows the regular Escalade out of the water, I'd say its a step or two nicer than an Escalade Platinum even(and I really like those).

Its just a damn shame that its so ****ing ugly on the outside. Right now my favorite premium SUV is the Range Rover(not the sport, the "big" one). Still, I think I'd rather have a used Benz G55 AMG if I were in this type of market. That thing makes a statement, and hauls ass.

Gelandewagen FTW.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Even I think it's heinous and I bought a Crosstour! There isn't one angle on that whole vehicle where it can be said it even kinda looks good! All new cars are ugly to me save for the 'Vette, Mustang and Challenger and numerous European and exotic cars. Just big melted looking gobs of ugly shit. I visited the Nissan dealership looking for a car and quickly left.
    The problem with the Crosstour is that there is nothing about it that makes up for that god-awful exterior appearance that couldn't have been handled just as well or even BETTER by just RE-introducing the Accord wagon. Everything has to be different these days... Want Apple pie? NOPE, YOU GET this abomination called an "Apple Crisp" instead. Want a wagon? NOPE, YOU GET A CROSSOVER THING.

So the Cross-thing's got more room... okay well the QX has room in spades. The Crosstour pretends to be some kind of hybrid off-road/on-road vehicle... the QX has a genuine low range and a pedigree inspired by the Nissan Patrol on which it is now based. Sure, this owner won't take it anywhere near a patch of dirt, but at least it's not pretending to be capable. The QX is also loaded with more technology than anything else on the road at that price point. As if all that were not enough, it has an interior that puts everything, *including my Escalade* and the Crosstour, to absolute shame. Infiniti is practically dumping these things on the market with quality and features on par or better than everyone else.

I could not in good conscience sell Jesda's Mom on the GL despite its significantly more upscale appearance when the QX offered so much more for so much less. Few of us on this forum ever need anything that size (in fact most people don't), but if you are in the market and want something brand new, there's no reason not to look at these. They'll be an even more insane value on the used market.

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    BMW needs to make an X7....the X5 is ridiculously small for how much it costs....
    BMW, in general, is smoking crack these days. I pushed for the X5 initially, then realized what they were asking for a shoebox of a vehicle with base model specifications just because you upgrade to the V8. Other than the X5m, which is for a completely different audience than the average third-row needing SUV buyer, the whole thing is pointless.

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post
    The problem with the Crosstour is that there is nothing about it that makes up for that god-awful exterior appearance that couldn't have been handled just as well or even BETTER by just RE-introducing the Accord wagon. Everything has to be different these days... Want Apple pie? NOPE, YOU GET this abomination called an "Apple Crisp" instead. Want a wagon? NOPE, YOU GET A CROSSOVER THING.

So the Cross-thing's got more room... okay well the QX has room in spades. The Crosstour pretends to be some kind of hybrid off-road/on-road vehicle... the QX has a genuine low range and a pedigree inspired by the Nissan Patrol on which it is now based. Sure, this owner won't take it anywhere near a patch of dirt, but at least it's not pretending to be capable. The QX is also loaded with more technology than anything else on the road at that price point. As if all that were not enough, it has an interior that puts everything, *including my Escalade* and the Crosstour, to absolute shame. Infiniti is practically dumping these things on the market with quality and features on par or better than everyone else.

I could not in good conscience sell Jesda's Mom on the GL despite its significantly more upscale appearance when the QX offered so much more for so much less. Few of us on this forum ever need anything that size (in fact most people don't), but if you are in the market and want something brand new, there's no reason not to look at these. They'll be an even more insane value on the used market.
    Thank you for comparing the Crosstour to it but I know the Crosstour isn't in the same league and I wasn't making a comparison. I would rather have a QX but after years of having "large" daily vehicles I realized I don't need one. I actually agree with your assessment on all counts including what a great value the QX will be in the used car market. I was simply commenting on it's looks. What the hell were they thinking? The Escalade is a good looking truck by comparison and I'm sure that in typical GM fashion is not up to par with the competition on the inside and I'm not crazy about the image it portrays as a "bling" thing.

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    What, Ben?

Alex-H is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 SLS, 03 DTS, 00 Deville, 05 ESV

My buddies father just got a QX after driving LX Lexus's for the past twelve or so years, actually he did drive an x5m for a couple months until it hurthis back getting in one day and then he got the Infiniti. He took the QX in for service the other day because his two month old truck was leaking oil all over his garage, anyways while it was in there they rotated the tires and on one of the tires only replaced two of the lug nuts.. I find this to be ridiculous from a place that charges close to $115 an hour for labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex-H View Post
    My buddies father just got a QX after driving LX Lexus's for the past twelve or so years, actually he did drive an x5m for a couple months until it hurthis back getting in one day and then he got the Infiniti. He took the QX in for service the other day because his two month old truck was leaking oil all over his garage, anyways while it was in there they rotated the tires and on one of the tires only replaced two of the lug nuts.. I find this to be ridiculous from a place that charges close to $115 an hour for labor.
    The Ford dealership around the corner charges 122....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.