Low blow from Nissan. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Low blow from Nissan. in General Discussion; Originally Posted by brandondeleo Yeah. The Chrysler Crossfire had an SRT6 variant. 330hp, 310ft lb supercharged V6. Super piece of ...
    Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Re: Low blow from Nissan.

Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo View Post
    Yeah. The Chrysler Crossfire had an SRT6 variant. 330hp, 310ft lb supercharged V6.
    Super piece of crap too.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

SRT6 was awesome-terrible.

Awesome to romp on, terrible to maintain. It wasn't really a Chrysler anyway since 98% of the parts, assembly, and engineering came from Mercedes-Benz, AMG, and Karmann in Germany.

Chrysler's contribution was the topless roadster design, wheel design, coupe design, and Infinity sound system, and boy what a sound system!

I intend to get a naturally aspirated roadster with a manual at some point. Most of the fun without the ugly roofline or the troublesome AMG powertrain.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Indeed, though Nissan's VQ is one hell of a V6, and its power output rivals some V8s.
    I'll agree that the vq Nissan v6 is a good engine, if you like naturally aspirated v6's. I just really don't care for v6's at all with maybe one or two exceptions.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

SRT6 was awesome-terrible.

Awesome to romp on, terrible to maintain. It wasn't really a Chrysler anyway since 98% of the parts, assembly, and engineering came from Mercedes-Benz, AMG, and Karmann in Germany.

Chrysler's contribution was the topless roadster design, wheel design, coupe design, and Infinity sound system, and boy what a sound system!

I intend to get a naturally aspirated roadster with a manual at some point. Most of the fun without the ugly roofline or the troublesome AMG powertrain.
    An NA Crossfire roadster?

Yeah, in red or aero blue with white leather seats.

I hated the black interior in the SRT6. It was like sitting in a trash can lined with alcantara.
    gdwriter and gdwriter like this.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

My family once owned a car that didn't have a V8, but a V6. It lasted a good few months, before we took it back to the dealership and replaced it with something big-block powered. The other sixteen from my lifetime all had V8's, as did all of the ones I have ever heard mention of from before I was born with the obvious exception of my Grandfather, who had some straighteights.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Outside of the VQ, I can't think of a single V6 that I consider truly revolutionary or legendary. The BMW and Mercedes *inline* sixes however, are another story entirely.

VG30DETT

I prefer it to the VQ.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

The only V6 that I really like

frip is offline Cadillac Owners Member

https://rumors.automobilemag.com/fea...snt-69479.htmlIn its latest round of ads, Nissan is calling out its Japanese competitors for having supply issues. Those supply issues were caused by a natural disaster that severely affected Honda's production volume.http://jesda.com/2011/03/12/the-impa...manufacturers/ "HA HA THE EARTHQUAKE GOT YOU GOOD!"What a bunch of classless jackasses.I wasn't planning on buying a new Nissan. Here's an additional reason not to.
    I don't think even Lee Iacocca would have done that. Lullaby of Takeda

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Now Mercedes and Renault / Nissan has signed an agreement to trade tech. Could we be seeing some future Z and G cars with AMG engines as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post
    Outside of the VQ, I can't think of a single V6 that I consider truly revolutionary or legendary. The BMW and Mercedes *inline* sixes however, are another story entirely.
    Nissan's RB26, hello!

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

...is an Inline 6.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Working at a Nissan dealer for the last ten months, I've gotten a fair taste of all their newer models.

The 3.5 V6 (VQ35DE?) is amazing. Probably the best V-6 on the market nowadays. Extremely powerful (290hp in the new Maximas), very very smooth and sonorous, and it spins up the tachometer faster than anything else in it's price range. The clinching factor about these cars is how good they are on gas and how reliable they are. The motor has been in production, in one form or another since the early '90s, so they've gotten all the bugs worked out by now. The 3.7L version of that motor, used in the 370Z and G37 isn't as smooth near redline, and in the manual equipped versions, you can feel the shifter start to shake badly as you approach redline. But, on the other hand, they're pushing out 330hp.

Other than the excellent 3.5L V6, I'm not that impressed with Nissan's offerings anymore. Their vehicles don't stand out in terms of outstanding styling, I detest CVT transmissions as a whole and nothing from their current lineup really grabs me and says BUY ME!! The 370Z & GT-R are my two favorite models in their lineup, but even those aren't THAT appealing to me. The Z looked better in the 350 version, and the GT-R is a very impressive machine, but it just doesn't "wow' me. I respect it like crazy, but the design fails to really make my head turn. We have one on our showfloor, and when I first saw it the other night, it looked like someone put a body kit on an '01ish Eclipse from the angle I saw it.

The Titan and Armada were really ahead of the curve in terms of full size trucks when it came out in 2004, but since then, all of it's competitors have really stepped up their game and passed it by. It's long overdue for a redesign.

But, compared to the other full line Japanese manufacturers, Nissan is still one of my favorites. Toyota builds even blander, uglier crap and they've had this "holier than thou" stigma in the market place for years that I find to be very off-putting. Even after such extensive use of the CVT transmissions, Nissans seem to try to build cars for people who enjoy driving. Toyotas IMO are for people who view driving as a task and just a way to get from point a to point b. I used to really like Honda as well, but their current design language is bloated and corpulent. The Accord used to always be such a handsome little car, up until the current body style, then it got fat and ugly. I also don't like the fact that Honda never designed a full size car nor a V8 engine.

I'd have to say overall, right now, Mazda is my favorite Japanese OEM. Their designs are the "freshest" from the land of the rising sun, they don't use CVT's, and their cars generally across the line are more fun to drive than their competitors.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Quote Originally Posted by playdrv4me
    The BMW and Mercedes *inline* sixes however, are another story entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    ...is an Inline 6.
    No sh*t, Sherman!

RB26 is legendary.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.