Low blow from Nissan. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Low blow from Nissan. in General Discussion; IMO these ads make Nissan look very petty and childish. I live in the sacred realm of Nissan here in ...
    Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Re: Low blow from Nissan.

IMO these ads make Nissan look very petty and childish. I live in the sacred realm of Nissan here in Tennessee(factory and North American headquarters are about 20 miles away from me), and it just irks me how much of a free pass Nissan gets around here. I think they build uninspired, poorly engineered, poorly built, ugly junk. Especially that shitty CVT transmission they use on almost all their models.

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

I owned a Nissan 350 Z for 8 years. One of the best cars I ever owned. Plenty of power but also a great cruiser. Most people loved the looks; I cetainly did. Solidly built and reliable. I maintained it by the book and spent less than a grand over the 8 years. That Nissan engine is a warrier. My son & his wife now drive it since I bought the Coupe.

Attachment 80436

Attachment 80437

Attachment 80438

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Looks like something my car may have spat up.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

not mentioning the fact that the quake nearly caused a catastrophic nuclear melt-down that would have made Chernobyl look like Saturday-morning cartoons.
    The-Dullahan and The-Dullahan like this.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    damn even the fine print says "Compared to top Asian manufacturers" and "Vehicle availability as compared to Toyota & Honda"

toyota and honda should send ninjas to nissans base and mess some ish up.
    Do Toyota and Honda even care about Nissan? Is Nissan even on their radars? Kinda like a chihuahua spitting in the face of 2 Bull Mastiffs, no?

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Nissan just passed Honda on global sales volume, mostly due to supply issues at Honda.

I don't blame Infiniti or Nissan of Japan. It's the marketing people at Nissan NA in Tennessee that need a swift kick in the nuts.

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Nissan just passed Honda on global sales volume, mostly due to supply issues at Honda.

I don't blame Infiniti or Nissan of Japan. It's the marketing people at Nissan NA in Tennessee that need a swift kick in the nuts.
    I had to wait for the dealer to locate a Crosstour for me (yes those are in shortage too) because they had virtually no inventory on the lot whatsoever. Nissan dealer was fully stocked but I didn't find a Nissan that appealed to me.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    I had to wait for the dealer to locate a Crosstour for me (yes those are in shortage too) because they had virtually no inventory on the lot whatsoever. Nissan dealer was fully stocked but I didn't find a Nissan that appealed to me.
    I think the closest thing they make in the tall wagon category is the Rogue? Not sure if that's smaller or the same size as your Crosstour. Never been in one, but I'm generally not crazy about Nissan's cheapish interiors and so-so build quality. And I guess there's the Murano, which seems to have a lot of fans including Jeremy Clarkson. Haven't been in a Murano since the first generation.

They did the 370Z right, however. It might be the best sports car bang for the buck out there.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

They did the 370Z right, however. It might be the best sports car bang for the buck out there.
    I'm going to vehemetly disagree with you on that. I'd much rather have a Mustang GT, Camaro SS, or Challenger. Or a used Vette. Also, I still think the Miata is the best bang for the buck out there, you can get into one for about $23,000. And IMO the build quality on the Miata is superior by a damn good degree compared to any of those cars I listed above.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

When you don't order a lot of Crosstours to begin with, you tend to run out of them pretty quick.
    Stingroo and Stingroo like this.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Having worked with several large Japanese international companies, including Toyota, I can tell you nothing gets done before it is approved in Japan. This applies to small decisions as well as major decisions and certainly would be the case as it pertains to a large advertising budget item.

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post
    When you don't order a lot of Crosstours to begin with, you tend to run out of them pretty quick.
    Probably true.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post
    7 on factory floor.
    6 destroyed by earthquake/tsunami.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    I'm going to vehemetly disagree with you on that. I'd much rather have a Mustang GT, Camaro SS, or Challenger. Or a used Vette. Also, I still think the Miata is the best bang for the buck out there, you can get into one for about $23,000. And IMO the build quality on the Miata is superior by a damn good degree compared to any of those cars I listed above.
    When my son and I drove the new 350Z when it first came out, we both agreed it was a pretty crude car, especially foir the sticker price.

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

Calumniate all you want, guys. The Z is one hell of a fine vehicle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.