Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Free car with a catch.

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  The-Dullahan 
#1 ·
I know it's only a Dodge Journey, but hey, a free car is a free car.

http://www.youtube.com/dodge

Apparently Dodge Journey number two will be announced on the sixteenth and is someplace in the centre of the continental United States, therein, Journey number one was out west, but has already been found and Journey number three will be along the eastern side.

#9 ·
Nah, I saw the coolest Metro once. It had a massive chrome cobra as a hood ornament. I mean, this thing was at least eight inches tall. It had an antenna for the stereo mounted on top and the cord duct-taped down the side and through the window and it has antique Chevy spinners bolted onto it's hubcaps. Thing was bitchin' with a red paintjob and a neon blue bumper.

I actually saw it three consecutive days in a row at the grocery as I passed, my curiosity getting the better of me the second time I was passing and I am rather upset I have never seen it since.

#12 ·
There is no such thing as free. Obviously there are hidden things here, namely, auto insurance. A co-worker of mine told me his friend was in the exact same situation, but due to the ridiculous amount of car insurance, he just couldn't take it. Companies love to give away "free" stuff, but always be beware before you sign any agreements.

#14 ·
Unless you skip out on rent before he notices!

:hide:

As far as things like this go, nothing is free. It's like winning millions in the lottery and forgetting to pay the taxes.

Admittedly, getting one of these "free" Journeys would in fact be cheaper than BUYING a duplicate vehicle, but of course, it is not free. But now, in times of a trying economic structure, where everyone is looking for a step up or a handout, the superfluous promise of something FREE will grab the attention of many. Effectively, they are "giving away" three of them, while advertising the product and company itself, because as a company, it is good to keep your name out there and in a positive light. What I must wonder is what about that guy out there even now, who developed a plan and invested time and eventually money into finding this Dodge Journey that as clever as he may be, there are dozens more looking for who may be just as clever and twice as lucky. Even better, what happens when someone who has never heard of the contest comes across the car? Will they still win?

That being said, don't let anyone confuse you. Everyone tells me that nothing is free, but I know better. You can get a lot for free. Sometimes you can even get paid for something you should be paying for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.