Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Okay, bad cigarette lighter, BAD!

872 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  OffThaHorseCEO 
#1 ·
Hi folks. The cigaretter lighter can have two wires, (1.) The Ground (2.) The Power so, I now know that at one point in time these wires were cut. Reason: Unknown. recently bought a GPS, a TOM TOM 335-SE. I want to plug it into the 12 V Cigarette Lighter except that I am getting nothing, I mean nothing, it is dead. So, my question is how do I re-wire everything to get current flowing through. I dismantled the dash already, so I have a clear view of the problem at sight. I just need to know what to do next. Thanks Cadillac Users.

P.S. This is for a 1992 Plymouth colt, a little roller skate car that I picked up for my food runs. It is made by chrysler, but I think got discontinued. -Former speed racer and Talon owner.

#3 ·
Usually the cigarette lighter has one wire going to it. The one wire is/should be fused and it goes to the positive battery cable (usually via the fuse box); the negative (ground wire) is not used as the cigarette lighter is grounded by contact to the chassis/frame by its attachment to the dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.