Ever seen ZoSo the Led Zeppelin cover band?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Ever seen ZoSo the Led Zeppelin cover band? in General Discussion; So the Downtown Wilmington Inc (a public/private organization) puts on free shows every Friday during the summer. A portable stage ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Ever seen ZoSo the Led Zeppelin cover band?

So the Downtown Wilmington Inc (a public/private organization) puts on free shows every Friday during the summer.
    A portable stage is set up on the riverfront in front of the federal courthouse. The USS North Carolina is moored a block or two up river on the other side creating a great backdrop for the concert as the sun is setting. Water Street gets shut down and is transformed into a general admission concert venue for 2-3 hours.

Here's the 'poster' for this year's line-up of bands.

It's a lot of cover and tribute bands, but the quality/caliber is top notch.

Appetite for Destruction is the closest thing to a GnR show you can get right now, and these guys (ZoSO) are another one of these top tier cover bands that makes you forget their a cover band.

That good.

So I took some pictures with my iPhone 3GS using the 360 Panorama app and touched them up with the effects in Camera+ (which I posted about recently after taking some pics of my fresh detail).

So my friend and I showed up a little late and we arrived to the sound of Good Times, Bad Times. I can remember they also played were Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Hey Lady, and an awesome version of the Moby Dick drum solo - complete with a section played with his hands even giving the gong a backhanded smack!

When they began into the unmistakeable beginning of Stairway To Heaven I got the feeling that it might be their finale, but they played Kashmir next as the 'finale' but came back on stage for an encore (as is customary these days) and sent us home to a really good version of Whole Lotta Love.

I had a blast, and I'm looking forward to the Grateful Dead cover band Cosmic Charlie that's going to play at the end of the month as well as some of the other bands coming up in August: Dave Matthews Tribute Band, Satisfaction (the Rolling Stones cover band), and Tuesday's Gone (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover band).

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.
    Enjoy the pics! (right click and view or download the images to see the full resolution panoramas)

notice the USS North Carolina in the background?

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Ever seen ZoSo the Led Zeppelin cover band?

blogged @ Heathbar's Crunch

(comments, critiques, questions, and vitriol are all welcome. in fact they're appreciated.)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

I love the name of your blog. It made me giggle.

Heathbar was my high school nick name. One of the teachers would even call me heathbar. One of the techs at the dealership would always call me 'chris Heath: heir to the heathbar fortune'

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

wait, so your last name isnt rippy?

aw man

um no... the dealer owner's last name is rippy...

it's all explained in my signature ... do you have signatures turned off? there's lots of good info in there

it's also in my 'tagline' under my screen name and above my platinum dealer badge

or do i need to get my sarcasm detector re-calibrated again?

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

no its me. i have sigs turned off and i must have missed that tagline

well that's good (for me i guess)

don't feel bad you're definitely not the only one who hasn't noticed these things

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.