Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What would you do if you got ripped off for over 500.00

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  dkozloski 
#1 ·
I sent a 100 year old brass cage and 6 blade fan to Randy Wright in Jacksonville Florida to get restored. It was sent back making a loud noise, way too much to use. I am in Texas and do not know what to do. Randy Wright will not make it right and will not refund my money. I know there is a lot of smart people here that might have some advise. Randy restores fans and sells them on ebay. He is a rip off. I bought my fan on ebay from another seller and sent it to Randy to get restored. He said it would take 2 weeks and it took 8 months. I was told out of state lawyers can not touch Florida laws. I will never send anything off to get restored again. Is anyone here near Jacksonville Florida? Any advice is appreciated.

#5 ·
Any legal remedy would have to be without a lawyer; $500 is not worth paying a lawyer to pursue it for you. Probably Small Claims Court would be your best bet but that would involve considerable time and effort on your part especially since you would have to go to Florida.

#6 ·
I'd live and learn, and work w/someone local next time.

#7 ·
The best lessons in life are the expensive ones, because they're the ones you will always remember.

The fuggin Terminix inspector cleaned $302 out of my wallet last year. I don't carry cash anymore. While I'm not Donald Trump, I consider that a fairly inexpensive lesson. Working in surgery I get to see what really expensive lessons look like every day. You can waste your time trying to appeal the repair guys "good nature", then complain to the BBB, cut your losses and move on.

Do a search of the guy's business on the Better Business website. Also try searching for online complaints about the guy to see what you come up with. If you can prove he has a history of these kind of complaints you may have criminal action against him, or you could own his arse in civil claims court.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.