Vintage Cadillacs and Lincoln's for Chad.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Vintage Cadillacs and Lincoln's for Chad. in General Discussion; I know how much Chad loves those classic Caddy's and MkIV's and V's. Here are a few interesting cars. It ...
    ted tcb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03

Vintage Cadillacs and Lincoln's for Chad.

I know how much Chad loves those classic Caddy's and MkIV's and V's.
    Here are a few interesting cars.
    It must have been pretty cool to load up on all your favourite cars every
    few months, as they appeared in your local Cadillac and Lincoln showrooms.

Custom Fleetwood wagon ... one was also built for Dean Martin.

This is a pretty interesting link I came across today, showcasing the
    Caddy's, Studz's, Lincoln's, Benz's and other cars owned by Elvis in the
    1970's.

http://www.examiner.com/classic-cars...rt-4-the-1970s

Here's a beauty, an Eldo with the "bullet hole" option.

Elvis' cars from 1965-69.

http://www.examiner.com/classic-cars...3-1965-to-1969

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: Vintage Cadillacs and Lincoln's for Chad.

Oh that is beyond cool! Thanks Ted for posting that! I can see why they called him "the king"
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

So, Elvis and Frank Sinatra both battled for ownership of the first Stutz sold
    to the public. What a cool story.

"By 1970, two Stutz Blackhawk prototypes had been completed – the second one of which was given to the first U.S. dealership in Beverly Hills to use as a sales demonstrator. Among many celebrities given personal showings of the car, Elvis and Frank Sinatra were both eager to buy this second prototype. Elvis convinced the dealership owner to sell him the actual car (instead of taking an order) by pointing out the publicity from the King himself driving around in one would do more to sell cars than any methods the dealership was using. He also was agreeable to pose for publicity photos, and to allowing the prototype to appear in a national auto show three days later – two things Sinatra would not agree to. That sealed the deal, and days after the auto show the car was Elvis’s. This prototype built in 1970 was registered as a ’71, the first model year production cars were made through 1987. The two pictures below show the first black ’71 prototype being delivered to Los Angeles from the coachworks builder in Europe, and a better side view of this car.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: A look at Elvis Presley's personal cars. Part 4 - the 1970s - Newark Classic cars | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/classic-cars...#ixzz1K7X8lSFd

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

At the time Mohamed Ali's ex Veronica Porche and her two children lived next to me in L.A, one of his older daughters would come to visit driving a Stutz, that I assume was a "hand me down" from the "Champ." Ali himself drove a gold over green Rolls-Royce Corniche convertible. After the "Champs" divorce from Veronica he had to sell his 12,000 square foot house in Fremont Place, nearby, and was living in a modest two bedroom apartment, while his ex and young daughters lived in a nice house. His young daughters by Veronica, Hana and Leila, went tot the same school as my son and the "Champ" would pick up his daughters after school and sign autographs if someone wanted one (the grade school kids didn't really know who he was!). I talked to him on several occasions and always waved when he was on his way to visit his kids. Leila Ali, became a professional women's boxer, and recently was a contestant on "Dancing With the Stars" and I understand just gave birth. Hana has been taking care of here Dad at his place in Wisconsin and seems to avoid the spotlight.

Those custon Cadillac station wagons were very popular among the Hollywood set in the late sixties and early seventies. Many of the stars and their agents had those cars. Needless to say they sold for a considerable premium over standard cars.

I am surprised that Elvis didn't have a Dual Ghia, a car that was very much a favorite of Sinatra's "Rat Pack" and very common among Hollywood and Las Vegas entertainment types of the mid century. However, George Peppard had a very nice dark blue Aston Martin DB5 Cabriolet, and Dan Blocker ("Hoss" on Bonanza) had a red red Maserati 3500 Gt coupe whose springs sagged to one side due to Blocker's heavy weight!

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

What caused Ali's sickness? Was it the being constantly hit in the head?
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    What caused Ali's sickness? Was it the being constantly hit in the head?
    When I knew him in the mid eighties he was just beginning to show signs of the Parkinson's Disease; he was just beiginning to slur his speach a bit, not like someone who had been drinking (Ali as a Muslim does not drink alchohol) but rather more like a speech impediment. A few months later I saw him on TV as a presenter at the rededication of the Statue of Liberty and his speech problem was quite noticeable, although I do believe that was more because of his nervousness rather than a rapid advancement of the Parkinson"s. On the many occasions I talked with him he struck me a a very shy man. I've come to believe that his brash "poetizing" at press conferences was partially for publicity, but also a means to combat his innate shyness.

Some would think that his Parkinson's Disease was brought on by head blows while boxing, it could also be of genetic origin.

Great personal stories on Ali .... thanks, Orconn.

I remember watching Ali's daughter on "Dancing", and noting how far she came from being a
    professional woman's boxer to a becoming a very graceful ballroom performer. Her dad must have
    been quite proud.

I love this photo of Ali and Elvis "sparring", after Elvis gifted Ali with a custom robe.
    The robe cost Elvis $3k, and had "The People's Choice" embedded in rhinestones.
    Ali wore the robe when entering the ring to fight Ken Norton in March of 1974,
    He lost the fight and never wore it again, but remained friends with Elvis until Presley's death.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.