Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cop moves car out of fast lane

3K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  GizmoQ 
#1 ·

Now this is a cop I would like to get a ticket from:)

#6 ·
Re: Not all cops are ***holes

i like when a cop gets in the speed lane and doesnt have the blinkers on i get right up behind them
yeah im taking a chance but i don't tailgate just get behind them and keep there passe if they don't have any reason for speeding at 90 in a 65 then they are just as much in the wrong as me yeah its taking a chance and all so its a 50/50
but ones i was in court
and i heard a case where a guy was pulled over by a cop for doing 95 in a 55
and the cop wrote up as pacing the speeder not on radar and not on lasar but pace
so when the defendants attorney asked to see the video tape of the cop fallowing him the cop said he was fallowing me at that speed thats how i know how fast he was going
judge asked was there a reason you where going that fast cop said just wanted to beat on the cruiser for a minute
cop said this under oath judge told another cop in the court room right this officer a ticket for speeding on this date and this time same as the defandants ticket entire court room clapped and cheered lol
judge fined the cop 200 dollars and found the defendant guilty with suspended fine
that was the most hilarious time i ever spent in a court room and i have spent my share of afternoons in them lol

#7 ·
Re: Cop moves lady out of fast lane

We have a lot of LEOs who post here, and the thread title insinuated that most of them are "a-holes". I've changed it, as this isn't the place for that.

People seem to love talking trash about the police until they get robbed or have their car stolen.

#13 ·

We have a lot of LEOs who post here, and the thread title insinuated that most of them are "a-holes". I've changed it, as this isn't the place for that.

People seem to love talking trash about the police until they get robbed or their car stolen.
That officer did EXACTLY what he should've done. It is a law in almost every state to stay right except to pass. That Civic was clearly driving slowly, hogging the fast lane. That creates a bunching up of traffic, impeding flow and causing potential for accidents.

Even in Massachusetts, where we typically drive prudently, there are some totally oblivious or think they have the right to dictate others can't speed and hog the left lane. Also, talking or texting on phones causes people to not focus on their speed and slow way down without realizing.

As for officers speeding, they have the right to. Many times they need to sneak upon a speeder or answer a call with discretion. They have the right to carry guns when much of the public can't and they should have training in advanced vehicle control so they have higher limits.

#8 ·

how do we know this was a lady driving ?
just wondering
was there something i did not notice on the video ?
or are you just saying the new titel because the person drive like a girl or lady
well what kind of comment is that just curiouse
i must not have picked up on something other wise whats up with the title

#17 ·
Well, then, the twat shouldn't have been in the fast lane not passing. The tard caused the problem, the officer fixed it. End of story. Stop driving like a moron and not keeping an eye on your surroundings(blocking the fast lane for how long?) and maybe you won't have a problem.

#21 ·
If i where a cop id probalby just do that all the time to mess with the thugs and wana be thugs LOL

but serious i think i really hate it when ppl are in the fast lane and in a 60 only doing 60 but i want to kill someone when they are doing 55 in the 60 fast lane lol
i think the fast lane should only really be for rush hour heavy trafic and passing

i always stay in the right lane unless im comming up on a highway entrance then ill move over to the middle as a courtesy to the ones getting on

#23 ·
If you are in left lane and someone, cop or just a normal driver approaches you and drives very near to you, no matter you are driving at speed limit or the other car is going over the limit, you need to move to the right lane and give the way to the other car. I have seen this rule in driving booklet of different states. There isn't a very harsh enforcement for this law, but it is very frustrating to see a moron closing the speed lane by driving slower than flow....

#26 ·
I agree with this statment
if im in the left lane for any reason at all its only so i can pass
if someone is in the left lane when i want to pass i think they should move there tails over so the lane could be used for just that

how ever i won't move over for somoene tailing me if im in the middle lane on a 3 lane road they can go around me

how ever i do feel that the left lane should be open to passing and non passing if its druing rush hour it will make trafic a little smoother

#31 ·
Having just returned home from a 2600 mile road trip. My gal and I have discussed this several times. It is not your duty, right or privilege to dictate to me what speed I drive. If you're in the left lane doing 70 in a 55 and I'm doing 90, you're still "impeding traffic", i.e., breaking the law twice. I think the cop should have given him a ticket.

My response is a 10 second blast of 135db air horns, FTW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.