Cadillac Gripe - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac Gripe in General Discussion; Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac I don't care if the engine comes from Hyundai, Playskool or Fisher Price.. If it ...
    Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Re: Cadillac Gripe

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I don't care if the engine comes from Hyundai, Playskool or Fisher Price.. If it works, it works. They can call the engine "Penis" if they want. I'm not one of those people who needs to have a "special" engine in my vehicle. If it works the way I want it to, I don't care if Adolf Hitler makes it.
    I agree with. Cadillac needs to build the "perfect" motor. A motor with the necessary power but first and foremost must be reliable..........moreso than an average car. Reliability is what builds reputation and this is where Cadillac messed up in a big way over the last several decades. People are STILL talking about the 'ole slant six Dodge motors.........why? Because they are and were reliable. That is their well deserved reputation and it's not based on performance. The 4-6-8, 4.1, N* and several more are judged by their bad reputation despite performance. It is what it is.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Quote Originally Posted by bbjorklund99 View Post
    It is all about the numbers. GM spends millions of dollars every year doing market research and determining what configuration will sell and what won't. There are people who currently own imports that would never buy a Cadillac even if it is better than their current import and would save them $20,000. Those are not the people that Cadillac is targeting. There are also the group who will not buy a Cadillac unless it has a V8 motor. If that group is a very small part of the market segment and the cost of offering the V8 motor does not justify the R&D or added manufacturing costs they may decide not to offer the V8 as an option. I worked for a company that manufactured construction equipment for 12 years and we made decisions based on competition, cost of tooling, inventory costs, market share, and customer retention. The people on this forum are passionate about their cars but if that number is not large enough to warrant the production of a certain model they will discontinue that model. Like everyone else on the forum I love the STS but the reality is that my voice may not be heard. It is all about making cars they can sell and making money doing so. The majority of people who drive cars could not tell the difference between a V6 and a V8. They are looking for a car that meets their needs and could careless about the technical specs of the engine, transmission, or whatever else.

Brad
    GM's marketing research is extremely flawed IMO. hyundai just launched two new RWD v8 luxo cruisers. The 300/Dodge Charger have been on the market for 6 years now and have shown that Americans want a v8/RWD sedan, they've sold a ton of them. All of Cadillac's competitors offer at least two, if not three or four different v8 powered, RWD sedans. It pisses me off to no end that Cadillac refuses to build a proper luxury sedan.

Midnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 1SG

> N* ... judged by their bad reputation despite performance.

Hmm, when you talk about the N* having a "bad" reputation, do you mean the LH2 or previous (like the ones with HG issues?) I don't think I can really pin down any common show stopping issues with the LH2 posted here. I do agree that a bad reputation on a previous N* can taint the reputation of all N*'s though.

> Cadillac should NEVER have it's own V8 again.

+1. I do like my N*, but IMO they should have used an LS something engine for the STS and STSV. I don't see why they felt like reinventing the wheel with the LH2 and LC3.

My problem with Cadillac is that for a brief moment, they seemed to have direction and focus. The CTS, STS, etc were made. Then just as quickly, they went back into "Durrr" mode and just sat on those designs and now are just kind of blindly running around drooling embarrassingly all over. IMO, in that market, you have to keep moving and innovating and leading. There is no time to sit back and collect checks from past work. In that race you constantly invest, or you might as well not run. CTS-V notwithstanding

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

There are enough people here and elsewhere who have no idea what you're talking about - which is why Cadillac doesn't change. Most people think everything is just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    My problem with Cadillac is that for a brief moment, they seemed to have direction and focus. The CTS, STS, etc were made. Then just as quickly, they went back into "Durrr" mode and just sat on those designs and now are just kind of blindly running around drooling embarrassingly all over. IMO, in that market, you have to keep moving and innovating and leading. There is no time to sit back and collect checks from past work. In that race you constantly invest, or you might as well not run. CTS-V notwithstanding
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.