E15 Fuel - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, E15 Fuel in General Discussion; Originally Posted by gary88 E10 is being rejected in Germany. http://www.leftlanenews.com/free-mar...n-germany.html I wish we had a choice in this matter. ...
    ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Re: E15 Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    E10 is being rejected in Germany.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/free-mar...n-germany.html

I wish we had a choice in this matter.

Hey N-Caddy if you are reading this
    are you sure you want to take your sts to germany ?
    chances are when you get there you will be forced to buy E-15 dammmmmm

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    chances are when you get there you will be forced to buy E-15

I believe the posted article said that Germany has rejected ANY addition of Ethanol to gasoline.

Obviously, Germany does not have an organized Big Corn lobby to pull the blinders over politicians and the EPA's eyes.

"NASCAR uses E15". Two drops of E15 in a race car's fuel allotment for a 500 qualifies that statement.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    [/B]

I believe the posted article said that Germany has rejected ANY addition of Ethanol to gasoline..

ah ok guess i miss read that sorry for that thansk for the help on that one

Sevillian273 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 89 Marquis | 72 Torino

Might as well do away with restrictor plates. We all know that as the 'E' goes up, stored energy per drop goes down...

Ethanol is for drinking

Cheers.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

E15 sucks 50% more than E10.

Not only is it bad for our cars and the environment, it drives up food prices and taxes. It's the perfect wacko leftist cause! (Because it gives them more power while weakening everyone else.)

NASCAR will do absolutely anything for money. I didn't mind that they single-handedly kept tobacco advertising on TV. But ever since Brian France has taken control, he has systematically ruined one of my favorite things. He is just as ignorant and arrogant as all the rest.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    [/B]

I believe the posted article said that Germany has rejected ANY addition of Ethanol to gasoline.

Obviously, Germany does not have an organized Big Corn lobby to pull the blinders over politicians and the EPA's eyes.

"NASCAR uses E15". Two drops of E15 in a race car's fuel allotment for a 500 qualifies that statement.
    Well, that was MY statement. In watching the race on Sunday I was under the impression that they where running 15% ethanol in the tanks. I could well be wrong OR they could be being a little deceptive as per your statement to lead us to think that they are endorsing this shit.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

NASCAR does use the 15% stated, but for racing, it works quite well (except for miles per gallon as we all know). Ethanol has a higher octane per unit, and since these engines only run one weekend (before being torn down for rebuild) non of the long term damage has any chance of occuring.

As proposed the 15% ethanol will be added (at least initially) as a separate pump so the choice will still be yours (though the alternative is 10%). It will be interesting if the new stuff will carrry a lower price (it would have to for anyone who knew the difference) to use it.

It is going to be interesting in the next year or two to see what shakes out for our motoring fuel; will diesel make any headway, how far will gas prices go up (and stay), will the 15% replace 10%, and will any oil company step up and include an ethanol treatment for their fuels (right at the pump).

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

NASCAR does use the 15% stated, but for racing, it works quite well (except for miles per gallon as we all know).
    That has already reared it's ugly head. Crew chiefs where trying to calculate mileage with E15 and one guy (I forget who) ran out of fuel just before he got to pit road and had to coast in.

As proposed the 15% ethanol will be added (at least initially) as a separate pump so the choice will still be yours.
    I'm betting that won't last long. The corn lobby will see to it that it replaces E10 before long.

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

It works great in 22 to 1 comp. ratio race engines that run 140 octane fuel. Its just a trend. I feel bad for the farmers that will take the hit soon.

If NASCAR starts promoting Sharia law -then we got a problem.

billc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours

Didn't the House just vote down E15 a while ago? (Sorry, I haven't been keeping up on current events as well as I should)

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

I'm sure NASCAR pocketed millions of Green stimulus dollars to move forward on this.

A $150,000 NASCAR engine has a lifespan if about 1000 miles.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    That has already reared it's ugly head. Crew chiefs where trying to calculate mileage with E15 and one guy (I forget who) ran out of fuel just before he got to pit road and had to coast in.

I'm betting that won't last long. The corn lobby will see to it that it replaces E10 before long.
    Greg Biffle ran out of gas but it had more to do with the new fueling cans than gas milage.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by johnny kannapo View Post
    It works great in 22 to 1 comp. ratio race engines that run 140 octane fuel. Its just a trend. I feel bad for the farmers that will take the hit soon.

If NASCAR starts promoting Sharia law -then we got a problem.
    22:1 compression went away in Nascar many years ago, even at that it was only that high in plate motors. Now the limit is about half that.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.