2011 Toyota Avalon
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, 2011 Toyota Avalon in General Discussion; I have to say, Toyota finally got the Avalon right.. It really is basically a Lexus. I haven't taken the ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

2011 Toyota Avalon

I have to say, Toyota finally got the Avalon right.. It really is basically a Lexus. I haven't taken the car for a test drive (I only sat in it at the Chicago Auto Show) but I have to imagine it's a very smooth, quiet and comfortable car to drive. The leather doesn't feel cheap - which ruined the experience for me in every other Avalon. It actually feels expensive inside. For a car that's not supposed to attract a lot of attention - I think it looks pretty good. This car certainly raises the bar for it's class and will surely have the next Lexus ES working very hard to improve...

Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: 2011 Toyota Avalon

fugly....no thanks.

F

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Good old Toyota, no new leaf here, the new Avalon is the epitome of contemporary generic! Should please the cars current following no end!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

They had a new one at the New York show last April. It had the word "PROTOTYPE" slathered across its windshield. They shouldn't have bothered. It looks almost exactly the same as the one it replaced. And while the interior may be better, the dash and upper door plastics still screamed cheap in a way GM hasn't lately...

ga_etc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '92 Buick Roadmaster Sedan, '05 Mini Cooper S

Sal, I think it may be time to turn in your man card.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Its an innocuous pile of car like the Lucerne.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

I can see Camry and Lexus in this car.... The front and rear end is almost the Camry... and the middle part is Lexus. However interior looks nice

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

is that driver side tail pipe hanging already? or is that just the angle of the photo playing tricks?

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    I can see Camry and Lexus in this car.... The front and rear end is almost the Camry... and the middle part is Lexus. However interior looks nice

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The interior is better in pictures than it is in person. In person, its average.

ga_etc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '92 Buick Roadmaster Sedan, '05 Mini Cooper S

I'm just very unimpressed with all of the new Toyota products and Honda products. Their older stuff is much more appealing to me.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Holy crap! It's....

the same exact shit that's on the road now?

Meh.

SDCaddyLacky is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham, Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville

That interior does scream "Cheap" plastic! Toyota demographics are for people 50+ years old. Those pics easily show that.

They have become so conservative with everything they make nowadays. I remember how cool the old Supra's used to be, all the crap the company spits out, is a bunch crud for people that don't even like cars. It's totally obvious the people working for Toyota, don't care about styling or trying to appeal to a younger audience.

If anything the Kia Optima looks a lot better than any Toyo at the moment.

Honda isnt the same anymore either, but there designs beat out Toyota that's for sure. My favorite Honda's, are the Accords from the early 90's, the 94 Accord is my favorite, they were the last really cool sporty looking Accords, with a high quality interior. Those cars never had any problems, one of the most reliable Honda's ever made.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I don't get all the talk about Hondas having high quality interiors. My son had a brand new '97 Accord with cloth seating. It was put together decently, but the materials were certainly nothing to get excited about. Lots of plastic. The design was ergo metrically good (I got stuck driving the Honda occasionally while he spent a year at Edinburgh University, so I am pretty familiar with the car. I like Hondas in general and feel they delivered a good car for the money, although used prices for Hondas are insane. He didn't have any problems with this car, but he only had it for three years.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Our family has a 2000 Avalon, its been a great car. Has 200k on it right now, mom and dad still trust it enough to take on 1000 mile road trips. They were also looking at the Lexus ES300 when they bought this thing, at that time the Avalon was a much better car for the $$$. A lot more space, and the interior quality was pretty much on par with the Lexus, you just didn't get the fancy wood trim or gauges. Plus it was like $7500 cheaper at that time. If you can get over the boring styling and lack of low end torque, its actually a great driving, comfortable, well built car. Way better than a Buick Park Ave or LeSabre of similar vintage IMO.

As for the 2005+ models, I feel the interior got really chintzy on those with all that horrible silver painted plastic that Toyota loves to put in all their newer cars(the old cars had high quality black plastic or fake wood, no silver crap) If you could get over that, the 2005+ are great cars as well, the v6 in those straight up hauls the mail. 0-60 in 6.0 seconds, quarter mile in 14.6@99mph.

The new 2011 isn't really "new". Tweaked interior, different front and rear facia styling, that's about it. Doors, roofline, etc are all the same, along with the chassis, engine, etc. Haven't sat inside one yet, so I'm still witholding judgement as to if they actually fixed the silver plastic plauge of the last model.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.