your pet peeves
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, your pet peeves in General Discussion; what are your pet peeves for on the road related to other drivers things ppl do on the road do ...
    ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

your pet peeves

what are your pet peeves for on the road
    related to other drivers things ppl do on the road
    do you have any what are they

for me id have to say the number one pet peeve is
    when ppl cant use there brains and think that slowing down to 20mph to watch and rubber neck at someone pulled over by the cops or an acident when all they need to do is move over one lane away from the stopped vehicle so saftey is better and keep moving
    no need to stop to 20mph when there is nothing infront blocking

2. truckers who get behind me and think that becuase they have a truck thats 50 foot long and 100 x heavier then mine plus
    that im going to move over to let them pass or that im going to speed up
    no you slow down or you pass me

3 ppl who drive recless when speeding
    there is a difrance between recless driving and speeding driving

4 ppl who have road rage and want to ride someones tail because they cut them off forget about it and leave it be i say
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sevillian273 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 89 Marquis | 72 Torino

Re: your pet peeves

My number one pet peeve on the road today:

Stop it.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

^ I'm with you there.

As for other people's actual DRIVING:

I hate the people who don't understand the concept of a yield sign. There's one right by the on ramp for the highway I use every day for work. Yield means just that. Yield to traffic that has the right of way. NOT stop when there's nobody f*cking coming down the road and wait five seconds before you go.

People who make every effort to get in front of the line at a red light and then NOT go when it turns green. God damn you you heathens. I'm already trying to get where I need to go as fast as I can. If you want to go faster, cool. DO IT. SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT.

People who talk on their cell phones while driving. I don't give a damn. You're not that good. We've had this discussion before. Get off the phone, look at the damn road, and get to your destination that way you and I can both do it again tomorrow. Don't get yourself or me killed over information from your BFF Jill. I don't give a shit, and you won't either when you're in an urn or a casket.

People who drive with brake lights out. F*ck you. All of you. How hard is it to turn on your car once a month or so and have someone step on the brakes to make sure those lights work? It can save you and I both money, in repairs and insurance if your retarded self actually had the lights. Oh, and another thing. If I'm taking the time out of my day to inform you that your lights are out while on the road, do not insult me for it. You can politely tell me that you already knew, and were on your way to AutoZone even though you don't give a shit, and I'd feel better. At least then I've put the issue in your head again. If you just scream at me, I sincerely hope somebody rear ends you so hard you get a bumper up your ass. You deserve it.

Street racers. F*ck you all too. Take it to the god damned race track. That's why it exists. I don't want to be caught up in your bullshit anymore than you want to be caught up in mine. The difference? My bullshit is school. Your bullshit can kill us both.

There are so many more. People in Florida are such horrible drivers it's sickening.

DouglasJRizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 hearse, 1976 hearse

Here in NJ there are a few things that are indigenous to the area's drivers. One is the three lane sweep - where a driver will blast along in the left lane avoiding the traffic build up on a ramp, then carve over all three lanes to cut off the driver closest to the entrance of the ramp. I saw some idiot in a Grand Prix try it, misjudge the distance, and tore his car in half - they were pulling a sheet over the front half as I drove by.

Another item is the guy in the mile high knobby tired truck, jeep, suv, or van that thinks he's got a Corvette. I usually see these balled up with the roof caved in after he's tried some high "G" maneuver and failed.

Lastly, because of draconian traffic laws and anti speeding pogroms, we have the NJ driver who doesn't know how to accelerate onto a highway, and instead comes off the ramp and travels perpendicular to traffic at 15-20 mph before finding a lane he likes and gradually accelerating. Last time I saw this move, the range Rover he was driving was T-boned by a box truck, and yes, they pulled a sheet over him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    ^ I'm with you there.

There are so many more. People in Florida are such horrible drivers it's sickening.
    on another note when i see a car with FL plates in the winter in Ohio i try to get as far back and to the side as possible im sorry i may be a jerk for thinking this but most every other FL plate car up her ein the winter the drivers scare the shit out of me

Sevillian273 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 89 Marquis | 72 Torino

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    on another note when i see a car with FL plates in the winter in Ohio i try to get as far back and to the side as possible im sorry i may be a jerk for thinking this but most every other FL plate car up her ein the winter the drivers scare the shit out of me
    And with good reason.

We dont know how to drive in the snow. When you say 'tire chains', we say Tire Kingdom, Pep Boys, and Tires Plus...

No I agree with you. I'd be scared too. They're idiots on dry pavement. Throw snow into the equation? Holy shit, Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by Sevillian273 View Post
    And with good reason.

We dont know how to drive in the snow. When you say 'tire chains', we say Tire Kingdom, Pep Boys, and Tires Plus...
    if im walking in a parking lot and see a Car with Fl plates on them up here in the winter time
    i lideraly check out the tires ill take the old penny thing and actualy see what if they are good or not and 8 out of 10 times those tires are flat no tread left and eveyr ones in a whyll look like there belts and showing lol

No I agree with you. I'd be scared too. They're idiots on dry pavement. Throw snow into the equation? Holy shit, Batman!
    no i think this is the posting of the day lol

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

where oh where do I start?
    people with big ass rims on a ratty car.- or tint, $2000 in woofers, etc.
    guys with stereos turned up crazy loud since they want to share their $2000 in woofers with the rest of the world. some guy in an eclipse was sitting behind me in a light, and he was vibrating my windows. so I cranked up the hard rock on my radio up to match his crappy rap , and he turns his up louder. man it sounded like shit. his speakers were cliping so bad. at least my stereo doesnt distort like crazy when it gets cranked up.
    highway on/ off ramps
    those people who you are about to push onto the highway. I cant tell you how many people I have almost pushed onto the highway (literally within 1 foot of their bumper while they're doing 20 mph down the on ramp.) also, those people who do 20 mph who stop at the end of the ramp or worse yet- 1/2 merge, merge then hit the brakes, or just plum cant make up their minds-they wont go when you let them in, but when you accelerate past you, they almost take out your side. then there's the people who brake to get off the highway 1/2 mile before the exit- they do 40 mph in the right lane. or the people who brake in the right lane (not the off lane) then jump into the off ramp at the last moment.
    they there's the people on the road who try to cause an accident- usually old men. once I was driving along in my caddy behind some old fart in a buick. I was sitting on his bumper and he locks on the brakes. I almost drove throught his trunk. he then accelerated, then stomped on his brakes again. I've also had people in front of me lock on their brakes while doing 60 on the highway when there wasnt anyone around them braking. then theres the people who brake because the lane next to them is braking.
    and whats up with prius owners giving caddy drivers dirty looks while they drive 80 mph down the highway?
    how about old people who do swerving lane changes without signalling.
    or people with no brake/ backup lights. cant tell you guys how many of those people I have almost driven through.
    also, anyolne ever had anyone shove their car up your ass, then fly around you, cut you off, and slam on the brakes?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

stopping = 0 mph
    slowing = 20 mph

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

There are a TON of FL plates in St Louis. I think the wealthier folks here have vacation homes down there and register in Florida cars to avoid property taxes, or inspections, or something.

FL and TX are very popular places for Missourians to do business and travel, inexplicably more common than Chicago. I don't often see Illinois plates unless I'm downtown.

I see plates from all over the place. All the 48 contiguous states, Quebec, Mexico on occasion, you name it. I've seen a Puerto Rico license plate on a car once. Quite strange. There's a lot of weird stuff here.

It's about to get better too, since the weather is nice again all the classics are starting to come out of hiding.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

It's about to get better too, since the weather is nice again all the classics are starting to come out of hiding.
    What? Was it below 70 and cloudy? Ohnoes!

i was not including the usual suspect sso to speek
    i know i see in my area on a regular daily basis there are 3 cars that have FL license plates and they register them from down there
    but the ones that scare me at the ones that i only see ones and never again

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.