Not open for further replies.

your pet peeves

5K views 62 replies 13 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
what are your pet peeves for on the road
related to other drivers things ppl do on the road
do you have any what are they

for me id have to say the number one pet peeve is
when ppl cant use there brains and think that slowing down to 20mph to watch and rubber neck at someone pulled over by the cops or an acident when all they need to do is move over one lane away from the stopped vehicle so saftey is better and keep moving
no need to stop to 20mph when there is nothing infront blocking

2. truckers who get behind me and think that becuase they have a truck thats 50 foot long and 100 x heavier then mine plus
that im going to move over to let them pass or that im going to speed up
no you slow down or you pass me

3 ppl who drive recless when speeding
there is a difrance between recless driving and speeding driving

4 ppl who have road rage and want to ride someones tail because they cut them off forget about it and leave it be i say

See less See more
#3 ·
^ I'm with you there.

As for other people's actual DRIVING:

I hate the people who don't understand the concept of a yield sign. There's one right by the on ramp for the highway I use every day for work. Yield means just that. Yield to traffic that has the right of way. NOT stop when there's nobody f*cking coming down the road and wait five seconds before you go.

People who make every effort to get in front of the line at a red light and then NOT go when it turns green. God damn you you heathens. I'm already trying to get where I need to go as fast as I can. If you want to go faster, cool. DO IT. SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT.

People who talk on their cell phones while driving. I don't give a damn. You're not that good. We've had this discussion before. Get off the phone, look at the damn road, and get to your destination that way you and I can both do it again tomorrow. Don't get yourself or me killed over information from your BFF Jill. I don't give a shit, and you won't either when you're in an urn or a casket.

People who drive with brake lights out. F*ck you. All of you. How hard is it to turn on your car once a month or so and have someone step on the brakes to make sure those lights work? It can save you and I both money, in repairs and insurance if your retarded self actually had the lights. Oh, and another thing. If I'm taking the time out of my day to inform you that your lights are out while on the road, do not insult me for it. You can politely tell me that you already knew, and were on your way to AutoZone even though you don't give a shit, and I'd feel better. At least then I've put the issue in your head again. If you just scream at me, I sincerely hope somebody rear ends you so hard you get a bumper up your ass. You deserve it.

Street racers. F*ck you all too. Take it to the god damned race track. That's why it exists. I don't want to be caught up in your bullshit anymore than you want to be caught up in mine. The difference? My bullshit is school. Your bullshit can kill us both.

There are so many more. People in Florida are such horrible drivers it's sickening.

#5 ·
^ I'm with you there.

There are so many more. People in Florida are such horrible drivers it's sickening.
on another note when i see a car with FL plates in the winter in Ohio i try to get as far back and to the side as possible im sorry i may be a jerk for thinking this but most every other FL plate car up her ein the winter the drivers scare the shit out of me

#4 ·
Here in NJ there are a few things that are indigenous to the area's drivers. One is the three lane sweep - where a driver will blast along in the left lane avoiding the traffic build up on a ramp, then carve over all three lanes to cut off the driver closest to the entrance of the ramp. I saw some idiot in a Grand Prix try it, misjudge the distance, and tore his car in half - they were pulling a sheet over the front half as I drove by.

Another item is the guy in the mile high knobby tired truck, jeep, suv, or van that thinks he's got a Corvette. I usually see these balled up with the roof caved in after he's tried some high "G" maneuver and failed.

Lastly, because of draconian traffic laws and anti speeding pogroms, we have the NJ driver who doesn't know how to accelerate onto a highway, and instead comes off the ramp and travels perpendicular to traffic at 15-20 mph before finding a lane he likes and gradually accelerating. Last time I saw this move, the range Rover he was driving was T-boned by a box truck, and yes, they pulled a sheet over him too.

#10 ·
where oh where do I start?
people with big ass rims on a ratty car.- or tint, $2000 in woofers, etc.
guys with stereos turned up crazy loud since they want to share their $2000 in woofers with the rest of the world. some guy in an eclipse was sitting behind me in a light, and he was vibrating my windows. so I cranked up the hard rock on my radio up to match his crappy rap , and he turns his up louder. man it sounded like shit. his speakers were cliping so bad. at least my stereo doesnt distort like crazy when it gets cranked up.
highway on/ off ramps
those people who you are about to push onto the highway. I cant tell you how many people I have almost pushed onto the highway (literally within 1 foot of their bumper while they're doing 20 mph down the on ramp.) also, those people who do 20 mph who stop at the end of the ramp or worse yet- 1/2 merge, merge then hit the brakes, or just plum cant make up their minds-they wont go when you let them in, but when you accelerate past you, they almost take out your side. then there's the people who brake to get off the highway 1/2 mile before the exit- they do 40 mph in the right lane. or the people who brake in the right lane (not the off lane) then jump into the off ramp at the last moment.
they there's the people on the road who try to cause an accident- usually old men. once I was driving along in my caddy behind some old fart in a buick. I was sitting on his bumper and he locks on the brakes. I almost drove throught his trunk. he then accelerated, then stomped on his brakes again. I've also had people in front of me lock on their brakes while doing 60 on the highway when there wasnt anyone around them braking. then theres the people who brake because the lane next to them is braking.
and whats up with prius owners giving caddy drivers dirty looks while they drive 80 mph down the highway?
how about old people who do swerving lane changes without signalling.
or people with no brake/ backup lights. cant tell you guys how many of those people I have almost driven through.
also, anyolne ever had anyone shove their car up your ass, then fly around you, cut you off, and slam on the brakes?

#12 ·
There are a TON of FL plates in St Louis. I think the wealthier folks here have vacation homes down there and register in Florida cars to avoid property taxes, or inspections, or something.

FL and TX are very popular places for Missourians to do business and travel, inexplicably more common than Chicago. I don't often see Illinois plates unless I'm downtown.

#13 ·
I see plates from all over the place. All the 48 contiguous states, Quebec, Mexico on occasion, you name it. I've seen a Puerto Rico license plate on a car once. Quite strange. There's a lot of weird stuff here.

It's about to get better too, since the weather is nice again all the classics are starting to come out of hiding. :)

#15 ·
i was not including the usual suspect sso to speek
i know i see in my area on a regular daily basis there are 3 cars that have FL license plates and they register them from down there
but the ones that scare me at the ones that i only see ones and never again

#22 ·
I can't stand tail gaters! And I especially can't stand tail gaters on cell phones. Tail gaters, drunk and sober, probably are responsible for 70% of all accidents .... at least in Virginia. Northern Virginia has to to be the "tail gating" capital of the country. It is not uncommon, like once a day, to see multiple car accidents that could have only been caused by tail gating. It also seems tail gating laws are not enforced, nor even pretend to be. If they were their would be no deficit in the state budget in Virginia!

#26 ·
Actually, Jim isn't a douche. I had the privilege of hanging out with him all weekend and I must admit he's a stand up guy.

#28 ·
What's up your butt today? All winter I watch clowns from Florida and Cali trumpet how warm weather is the end-all-be-all and we are poor saps who have to live where we don't want to when that's not the case. So I make a light hearted barb about what people in those climates thinks is bad weather and you blow up?

Seriously d00d, lighten up...

#33 ·
Yeah, that bar was weaksauce, but the hotel was sweet.

#42 ·
When Creating a thread keep in mind omg
come on that is what the lounge is for to chat non specific car chats and that
how often do i see stuff come threw here that never takes off
guess there must be something if this has made it 3 pages already

and this i haven't seen a thread on this topic before this is not about what oils you use what filters you like what brand you prefer its about how often you service do you go by recommendations or do you just add between changes and go further then what is recommended

so what other threads have been started on this subject please link them in here if you want to find them

#53 ·
If I remember correctly, it was about pet peeves on the road, but if not, you could have said in your post "what are your pet peeves on the road or in traffic"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.