Motor Trend First Test - Infiniti M35H - A Hybrid you're not ashamed to drive.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Motor Trend First Test - Infiniti M35H - A Hybrid you're not ashamed to drive. in General Discussion; " With a total of 360 net horsepower between gasoline and electric propulsion systems, the M35h still achieves a combined ...
    CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Motor Trend First Test - Infiniti M35H - A Hybrid you're not ashamed to drive.

"With a total of 360 net horsepower between gasoline and electric propulsion systems, the M35h still achieves a combined fuel economy rating of 29 mpg (broken down as 32 city/27 highway)."

0-60 in 5.1 secs. 13.6-second quarter-mile run at a trap speed of 104.5 mph

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...0I2CHjsTjKp_Yp

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

Re: Motor Trend First Test - Infiniti M35H - A Hybrid you're not ashamed to drive.

Wow! That's pretty incredible.

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Motor Trend First Test - Infiniti M35H - A Hybrid you're not ashamed to drive.

I'm very disappointed with this car. The M has always been one of my favorite premium sedans. After my mother's experiences with Infiniti, I would NEVER own one...but I have always really liked the M.

My problem? I HATE this one. It looks terrible compared to it's predecessors. It looks like the new Maxima, which I also hate. It has gone from a very handsome yet sporty looking car, to a very vanilla, corporate, almost Camry type look. I guess i'll just have to admire the older models now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
    My problem? I HATE this one. It looks terrible compared to it's predecessors. It looks like the new Maxima, which I also hate. It has gone from a very handsome yet sporty looking car, to a very vanilla, corporate, almost Camry type look. I guess i'll just have to admire the older models now.
    The reason you think that (it looks like the Maxima) is because of the concept car that Infiniti built called Essence. Unlike a lot of car companies who build cool concept vehicles and then you never see anything even close to that again, Nissan chose to actually incorporate it into the follow on designs. The FX and Maxima were the first redesigns to come to market with it, but then new M has even more of the Essence design ques in it. As well as the redesigned 2011 Infiniti QX56.

This is Essence.

The new M

The FX

The QX56

I have to say when I first saw the new 2009 FX I didn't really care for the curvy look. Then when I saw the new Maxima I simply thought "it looks like the Infiniti" But the new M has even more of the Essence design and I did like it (obviously) But looks, design, etc is all a matter of individual taste and we all have our likes and dislikes.

In any case what I'm more impressed with in the new 2012 hybrid is it's performance and the mileage it still maintains.

All I can say is:

BEAUTIFUL:

BLAH:

That concept looks awesome, however I see only VERY MINOR similarities in the new M. Inifiniti needs a coupe/roadster that looks JUST LIKE that. Something to compete with the XLR and SL550.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

The XLR is out of production.

And the new M looks very much like a modernized version of its predecessor. I can see how they're related very easily. Interesting numbers from a hybrid, but eh. I'm stubborn and would like a V8. M56 please.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

The new QX56 still looks like an ugly whale though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    And the new M looks very much like a modernized version of its predecessor. I can see how they're related very easily. Interesting numbers from a hybrid, but eh. I'm stubborn and would like a V8. M56 please.

Yeah although the upcoming hybrid has some decent stats, I don't think I'm ready to give up the V8 or it's sound, not yet anyway. Once gas hits 5.00 a gallon I may change my tune as most of my driving is in the city. But my M56 is still getting me between 17.5-18.5 in the city so far (but 30-32 would rock).

Quote Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
    The new QX56 still looks like an ugly whale though.
    Its looks hasn't grown on my yet, but inside, it's power, and tech is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
    That concept looks awesome, however I see only VERY MINOR similarities in the new M. Inifiniti needs a coupe/roadster that looks JUST LIKE that. Something to compete with the XLR and SL550.
    If they built the Essence its price tag would rival an SL550 or even beat it. Although it's a hot looking coupe, I don't think they have the base to pay those kind of prices yet. Although there is some rumor of an M Coupe to go in an IPL (Infiniti Performance Line), but that's still a lot of rumor.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

^ I think Infiniti could charge 80-100k for a premium coupe. Nissan has a waiting list on the similarly priced GT-R.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

The QX56 may be hideous, but so is its primary competition, the LX570. However, unlike the previous QX, the new one is simply a rebadged international market Nissan Patrol, an extremely capable SUV and one of the few that can give a Land Cruiser a run for it's money. Since for whatever reason we don't get the Nissan Patrol and never have, this is as close as we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    ^ I think Infiniti could charge 80-100k for a premium coupe. Nissan has a waiting list on the similarly priced GT-R.
    And there you have it...put a body like that concept on the GT-R platform. Make it a convertible (or at least have a convertible option). Instant winner, minimal development cost.

BTW, that shape of the new M gives it a lower coefficient of drag than a Corvette Z06. It might be hideous to some but it's got a purpose other than aesthetics.

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado Collectors Series and 1994 Fleetwood

Infiniti finally caught on with the M35h; 4 years after the Lexus GS450h came out (23 mpg combined and 0-60 in 5.4 secs).

My wife and I test drove a M56x last year and it was... amazing (420 hp, 0-60 in 4.8 secs). It will most likely replace our M35x in the next couple of years. Call it a poor man's BMW or glorified Maxima if you want, but IMO it is the best combo of technology and performance for the money when you buy them used (Thank you depreciation).
    1994 Cadillac Fleetwood- the sleeper project
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition WS6 Conv't- the show car
    2002 Cadillac Eldorado Collectors Series # 1572
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd- the autox gokart
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged- wife's daily driver
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Crew 4x4- daily driver/tow vehicle

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by 96Fleetwood View Post
    Infiniti finally caught on with the M35h; 4 years after the Lexus GS450h came out (23 mpg combined and 0-60 in 5.4 secs).

My wife and I test drove a M56x last year and it was... amazing (420 hp, 0-60 in 4.8 secs). It will most likely replace our M35x in the next couple of years. Call it a poor man's BMW or glorified Maxima if you want, but IMO it is the best combo of technology and performance for the money when you buy them used (Thank you depreciation).
    Bingo (and I actually like the way your generation of M looks btw), DEPRECIATION is the reason I am somewhat excited about the prospects of a used QX56. The Land Cruiser/LX holds it value so absurdly well that they are NEVER within reach used. The QX however depreciates like a rock, and will give all the luxury of the Toyota and more at a fraction of the Land Cruiser's price within 3 to 4 years. They will be a *bargain*. So far as looks are concerned, I prefer ugly to bland.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.