Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#9,253 ·
Good to see it back in action!

Reactions: 98eldo32v
#9,254 ·
Yesterday i went for New Tires shopped around price wise i really am a Michelin Man lol but still i was considering a few other brans was thinking about the Cooper CS4 and the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity
Primacy MXV4 & Energy MXV4 also juggled around the idea of a Pirreli P6 all season
shopped prices of cours the Coopers and the Pirrelis where cheaper with the buy 3 get one frees discounts i found could
could have had them out the door at 600 taxes and all

But ended up getting a Price for 4 Michelin Primacy 799.99 is what i got them down to for 4 with road hazard and
and lifetime balance

i knew i got a great deal because these tires without discounts would have been like 990
i also got a 70 mail in rebate and 25 mail in rebate from the store and michelin

oh i also flipped her to 50k yesterday

#9,255 ·
98eldo32v said:
Well,

I haven't done anything recently.

I have a wood steering wheel in route. :beavis: I have to convert my side view mirrors to the turn signal version (have the t/s mirrors haven't taken them apart yet). My analog cluster is packaged up ready to ship to have the mileage corrected. I last but not least, I have to get the front bumper cover with foglights to complete my conversion (why I'm procrasinating on that is beyond me).
I also want the side mirrors with the turn signals, how hard would that be??

#9,259 ·
I washed my Marauder on Friday and I think I'll run a high pressure hose over the rockers, quarter panels and underbody today. I hate how nerve wracking it is to drive your pride & joy before the salt is all gone.

#9,268 ·
That looks like a quality weekend!

G
#9,270 ·
I tried installing my Volant cold air kit on my own but ran into a few fitment problems when my b.f. saw how I had it he made me take it out and put the stock setup back in.

So I detailed and cleaned the interior of my car and the engine bay

#9,273 ·
We had a meetup back in October and gave out trophies, including a Peoples' Choice and a Celebrities' Choice.

We didn't have any DeLoreans (My car is well known for disliking them) but we had GoGo Dancers, Dj's, a Rave, Celebrities, several bars and an open bar tab for the lot of us, because that is the kind of nonsense that is usually takes to summon Graveyard Mafia from our hiding spots and get us out in the open, all together in one place (The courtyard of a fancy Hilton resort). Rumour has it, that "Some Kilted Irish Guy showed up, drank all the booze, won all the trophies and got all the women pregnant." but I deter the spreading of rumours.

I chose not to wash my car for the event.

But that didn't hurt Her score whatsoever and the "People" all loved Her anyhow.

While we didn't have DeLoreans, the 32nd Annual National Lotus Owners Gathering was at the same place, at the same time. (We claimed the courtyard for our handful of cars, so they put all theirs (hundreds) on the other side of the building. They were some cool guys, though.

I don't have any photos of their meet, but we all kind of cross-mingled and showed up at one anothers' parties all weekend. We took notice of them right away, when we saw them spelling something out from one of our out-of-state members' (I am actually the only Local one) upper-floor hotel rooms on one side of the building. (That and there being an unusually high number of Loti in the area, all of a sudden)

#9,274 ·
Calculated the fuel economy in my truck for the first time in several months, got 23.7mpg driving like an idiot. IE banging through the first three gears every time I get on the highway with nobody in front of me, driving 75-90mph on the way to work, just generally driving like I hate it. Decided to try and "hypermile" this fill-up. I'm not doing any of that dangerous bs like merging at 40mph, driving 50mph on the interstate, doing turns at 30mph to conserve momentum, just going to drive like a sane person, never rev it out, short shift, skip gears, keep the speeds at 60-70mph on the commute.

#9,276 ·
You're going to get 23.9 with your feather foot, go have fun instead.

My ridiculous truck gets 11.1 city /14 hwy (17 hwy if I stay below 72MPH and that's never going to happen again.). :ack:

The upside? I got my new headlights today, now to toss that yellowed out POS on the left front.

#9,278 ·
The-Dullahan said:
I do not support using a vehicle that gets over 7 mpg for a daily driver. I WILL accept that for a beater, but the beater must not get over 10 mpg on high octane.

So be it written, so be it done.
You're killin me here.

Oh, you like that!

#9,282 ·
Completely serious. My two Fords are my most economical vehicles, but I don't drive them. (And funny thing, the new one I bought sight unseen from Ford back in October has only been driven by me twice, totaling less than fifteen minutes). Cadillac Style.

My only car ever designated as a "Beater" was my '72 Lincoln. If it hadn't been carbombed, I'd still rock it's impressive 10 MPG, which was enough to make me brandish it as a "Small Economy Car"

----------

Any white DeVilles like mine up there? :D

All prying aside, the weather is going to be beautiful tomorrow. I am finally going to give her a bath :cloud9:
My local yard has DeVilles...now if only someone told me WHICH fender they were looking for.

#9,279 ·
Picked up some interior panels that i badly needed, thanks to Cadi509 who linked me (again) to another Eldorado carcass, this time, black on black that was being parted out in Portland. Snagged me the interior panels and the crown jewel a woodgrain steering wheel

I wont put these on until i get my windows tinted as i dont want any of them to start peeling, mainly the rear. I have to say Charles is a great friend, this is the second times he's come through for me in helping me in the journey of getting my Eldo restored to "new".

#9,283 ·
The-Dullahan said:
Completely serious. My two Fords are my most economical vehicles, but I don't drive them. (And funny thing, the new one I bought sight unseen from Ford back in October has only been driven by me twice, totaling less than fifteen minutes). Cadillac Style.

My only car ever designated as a "Beater" was my '72 Lincoln. If it hadn't been carbombed, I'd still rock it's impressive 10 MPG, which was enough to make me brandish it as a "Small Economy Car"

----------

My local yard has DeVilles...now if only someone told me WHICH fender they were looking for.
I don't drive cars that make less than 400hp, I know about the crappy MPG thing. Difference is mine haul ass, yours haul... Well, what do you haul in a vintage hearse?

Reactions: The-Dullahan
#9,284 · (Edited)
They haul award-winning stereo systems and on most weeknights, the finest nude women this particular continent has to offer.

No, it doesn't have 400 Horsepower...But it will once I find a new rearend for it. Regardless, I have a charged 510 CID Chevelle for that , but it is a pro track car though, so I don't haul anything in it. No point in adding extra weight. I use my GTO for hauling, so long as it's Booze and (you guessed it) women. Usually my employees.

Of course, the true trophy for hauling booze goes to my friend's '67 Olds, which seven years ago, we used to make night runs to sell liqueur to people who could not access it by traditional means, due to legal restrictions and guidelines set by the company that owned the property they were staying at (Company will remain unnamed, but employs several thousand interns at any given time and issues them an apartment in one of their many complexes) where her and I would gather a third friend and each make a few extra thousand every night. Of course, I was only eighteen back then, so a few thousand a night was a lot of money to me.

In my ripe old age I can still look back at it and laugh through my retirement at the things I did when I was a kid.

For good measure though, my 16.4 Litre truck is good at hauling anything, usually my other cars, but lately it has been put to use transporting other fullsize "Adult" trucks. Good money in that, since that extra income from selling beverages to college interns from when I was younger couldn't fund my hobbies anymore, even if we were still doing it.

That being said, none of my vehicles get "Crappy" MPG. They actually use gas VERY well and I max out the pumps every time I buy gas (Where I live, you cannot get more than $75 per transaction). Well, I guess my Triumph does, but all motorbikes get horrible MPG. I am actually a bit ashamed to say I even own a vehicle that uses petrol so efficiently, but since it's not American, I can forgive it for this obvious flaw.

I prefer to do my part, since someplace out there there is an asshat in a Prius who is not using his share of petrol. We should deport treasonous bastards like that. These sick F**ks actually pride themselves on getting high MPG numbers. Absolutely disgusting.

#9,286 ·
Of course, the true trophy for hauling booze goes to my friend's '67 Olds, which seven years ago, we used to make night runs to sell liqueur to people who could not access it by traditional means, due to legal restrictions and guidelines set by the company that owned the property they were staying at (Company will remain unnamed, but employs several thousand interns at any given time and issues them an apartment in one of their many complexes) where her and I would gather a third friend and each make a few extra thousand every night. Of course, I was only eighteen back then, so a few thousand a night was a lot of money to me.
Huh, moonshine runners still exist!