Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#9,293 ·
Funny, I am getting topless time in as well.

Wait, are we talking about cars or women?

When I was at LKQ's junkyard, they had about 50 Chrysler Sebrings there, mostly convertibles. I think they were all turned in together, most likely from a rental company (which is the case with most of LKQ's inventory and why they have so many of the same car at any given time)

I looked through them all, but didn't see the mythical black cloth interior you were looking for. What I did notice is that a lot of the convertibles actually had cloth interiors. And here I was thinking cloth interiors were rare on convertibles (This further lent to my suspicion that they were rental vehicles. Possibly purchased that way in bulk to save cash)

#9,298 ·
Given today's shenanigans, my sister was using my '02 truck. Less than a mile from my house, an interesting car pulls out in front of her. Now I live someplace where there is NOBODY around for miles, so I am familiar with all of the interesting vehicles in the area and my own cars are all local celebrities. However, I had never seen this one. That is not why she took the photo. She took it, because it was similar to a car I used to own, until a few months ago when it got blown up.

This one appears to be a Bill Blass edition though. It is a later model and the hue is different. While the Bill Blass Edition definitely has collectibility, I personally prefer the shade of blue on mine and I definitely prefer my '72 body to the later years with the little changes.

That first photo also gives a good indication of how barren most of my home town is, especially since it is only five minutes from Walt Disney World. That overpass is where the highway actually ends (US 192) and at the exact point it meets 27 (the overpass) four supposedly bustling counties merge on one point, where they all border one another...yet there is nothing around to indicate civilization other than the asphalt and power lines.

#9,299 ·
What ****in ******* GM engineer decided to put the parking brake cable directly in front of the mounting bolt for the caliper!

Seriously the more projects i tackle on this car the more i'm wanting to just take it to a reputable mechanic for all work needed, seriously.

#9,300 ·
^ Oh you'd have loved working on my LS1 Camaro. Changing the #8 spark plug(all the way under the cowl on the passenger side, right up against the heater box), took me a good 3 hours and two trips to the store to buy more flexible ratchet parts. Overall the job took me right at 5 hours for all the spark plugs.:mad2:

Its one of those jobs though if you're a GM tech and have done it a time or two it would take you less than an hour.

#9,322 ·
I was first, I win!

#9,312 ·
Well when i bought her she was a project so shes a 10 footer type of car. But plans are pearl white paint, Keeping the red stripes, Black wheels, 383 stroker, Houndstooth centers in the seats, and a fourth gen rear. Thanks! And yea its very sad too see these cars go too the junk yard. A few years back i tried too save one she was a heritage edition Green/Gold but the owner was hell bent on parting her out. :crying:

#9,318 ·
Be on the lookout for a young red-haired Scottish girl with a red '72 Eldorado Convertible who may swing by to snap some photos. Tell her I say hi (She's my sister, she'll know me). And post whatever photos you get. I am homesick and REALLY miss Vegas. It's been like...a year since I have been there. My baby sister is moving to Phoenix on the tenth. I may use that as an excuse to take permanent residency in Vegas.

#9,319 ·
cadillac kevin said:
bought shocks for the hooptielac. 4 KYB gas a just shocks for 143 shipped (cheaper than the basic kyb shocks at the local parts stores)
I may have to rename it when I'm done, since i'll have fixed all the things that make it a hooptie.
Air shocks in the back!

#9,321 ·
Gas air combo?